Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

GRRM always has the prologue POV die, and it usually advances the plot and is quite exciting. As I (and others have noted), odd numbered books start with a scene beyond the wall, and even numbered books happen somewhere we haven't seen before in the novels.

Here is my two possible prologue ideas:

1. Obara Sand or Balon Swann: At High hermitage to track down Darkstar, they learn something important to why Darkstar tried to kill Myrcella and who tipped off Hotah to Arriane's plot. We could also learn about a house in Dorne's reaction to the Aegon landing. It could be that the sand snakes are plotting with Darkstar and it is Balon Swann that has the trading POV death.

2. Rolly Duckfield: Newly named member of Aegon's kingsguard, he could be key in learning more about the rebellion, and I would not be surprised if Aegon got hurt or even killed. If he is killed, this would wrap up the sideplot Aegon story and make way for Dany's eventual arrival. This could be somewhere be somewhere between griffin's roost and Storm's end or even at the battle of storms end (even though we have seen it before).

And other suggestions?

If you believe the north/south alternating rule, the next book would have a POV from down south, or at least, south of the wall.

I like the idea of having a POV in Aegon's camp or opposing Aegon, even showing how Storm's End fell. Some people have suggested that it'll be someone at the Winterfell battle, settling those questions. I doubt it's anyone at the Wall. I wouldn't rule out a Dornish POV, but I hope Balon doesn't die, mainly because it's already been done (are they just going to keep sending KGs down there like Bic razors?) and, hell, I like Balon, he's a decent guy.

You know what we haven't had yet? An Essos POV.

I'd love to see a POV from Bravos that really moves the Arya story forward and gets her headed towards Westeros with some kind of advanced FM knowledge.

Or a dothraki POV from the khalasar Dany meets

Or a Jorah Mormont POV (although I don't want him to die yet unless its to save Dany's life)

But it will probably be someone we have never seen before (or barely know).

Jojen. How can it anyone other then Jojen? He's seen the time of his own death and he's made it very clear that it'll be any day now and since GRRM has said he won't be introducing new POV's other then prologues or epilogues from here on it'll be the last chance to get an third person perspective in Bran's situation.

Jojen. How can it anyone other then Jojen? He's seen the time of his own death and he's made it very clear that it'll be any day now and since GRRM has said he won't be introducing new POV's other then prologues or epilogues from here on it'll be the last chance to get an third person perspective in Bran's situation.

Well, I don't know if the alternating POVs from north of the Wall and places we haven't seen previously is a set in stone rule. The Jojen prologue makes sense, but he is beyond the Wall... How about Alliser Thorne, in one of the unoccupied castles south of the Wall? I din't think he was one of the NW 'dealt with as foes' by Coldhands...

If you believe the north/south alternating rule, the next book would have a POV from down south, or at least, south of the wall.

I like the idea of having a POV in Aegon's camp or opposing Aegon, even showing how Storm's End fell. Some people have suggested that it'll be someone at the Winterfell battle, settling those questions. I doubt it's anyone at the Wall. I wouldn't rule out a Dornish POV, but I hope Balon doesn't die, mainly because it's already been done (are they just going to keep sending KGs down there like Bic razors?) and, hell, I like Balon, he's a decent guy.

LOL. Sorry, I almost spit my soda out when I read your "Are they gonna keep sending KG down there like Bic razors?" bit. Nice.

Yeah, they don't need anyone new on the KG, it wouldn't serve the plot really, so I don't think Balon Swann dying really would make a difference.

A member or the BWB? I'm dying to know wtf happened to Jaime and Brienne!

My favourite would be Qyburn. Let us see what happens in KL after Kevan's murder, then Cersei's trial, where Robert Strong wipes the floor with the champion of the Faith and then goes out of control. It would be good, full of plot, and connected to a (sort of) maester.

Also, seeing into the mind of this westerosi Mengele would be creepy and fascinating.

Alternately, someone in Winterfell. They're short of POVs. Dustin?

To ^: Stannis has 2 POVs in his camp right now...

I was going to mention something like a POV from Alliser Thorne on his ranging mission (with lots of anti-Jon thoughts) but since he is North of the Wall, its unlikley

I like the idea of a Tyrell POV in Kings Landing, whether its a knight, men-at-arms or Mace himself. I want to knw what the feeling in this House, before it all inevitably crumbles under them.

I think that it could also be within Winterfell itself, maybe a Bolton or Frey PoV with a clue as to what happened at the end of ADWD. If Stannis was killed, Mance captured etc. I can see it, him and another guard(s) chatting whilst on the watchtowers, looking in vain for a possible army outside their gates. And the Hooded Man making appearence #2, which is the death of the watchman. Something along those lines.

Well, if being in the Prologue is a death Sentence... then let it be Margaery! :devil:

Otherwise:we've seen Winter strike King's Landing and The Vale... no one of importance is in The Reach or in Lannisport.

Isn't Loras agonizing in Dragonstone? Maybe he'll be there for the invasion of Young Griff.

1) Daario when launched from the trebuchet.

2) One of the Freys who got outside Winterfell with Manderly.

3) Bowen Marsh, massacred by a dozen angry wildlings.

4) A Robin PoV as he dies, lol ? It would be funny.

5) Lancel if he dies at the trial by combat.

6) Darkstar or Balon Swan, depend on who will end up dead.

7) Karstark burned for treason by Stannis, before the battle.

8) A member of the Golden Company in Storm's End.

...etc

Archived