Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

I agree with others on Maester Harmune; he'd be great. We'd see first hand the desparate situation at Hardhome, the battle against the wildings for the ships, and possibly, the beginnings of the invasion of the Others.

1. A knight in the raiding party that was sent to ambush the Dornish going to KL

2. One of the NW or Wildings at the Wall while Jon is being killed

3. One of Vary's little birds

4. Member of one of the Sellsword Companies outside Meeren

I think those are the most likely because those are all the places that were left with possible killing cliffhangers in aDwD

As far as Howland Reed goes I think he is to important to be killed off in the first chapter. I am personally hoping it is Walder Frey dying in the worst possible way imaginable

If we insist on killing off the PoV character in the prologue, we could always have it from the PoV of someone else at Greywater Watch. Maybe a prisoner about to be executed or a Lannister spy who has their cover blown. That could easily give us the same information as a Howland Reed PoV and continue the pattern of prologue PoV characters dying.

So many great ideas for prologues, only 2 left...so sad.

I love the Casterly Rock idea. It's definitely the castle I'm most interested in seeing but I don't know what is happening there that would be worth us making the trip, at this time at least.

Skagos also makes sense because it's very possible we'll see Davos going there in TWOW. A Skagosi being killed by Shaggydog and Osha? Cool beans.

Hunting Darkstar in Dorne would also be cool, but only if there was some type of reveal at the end to give it weight/importance. Myrcella captured? That might shake things up a bit.

Storm's End falling also seems like a legit possibility.

Greywater Watch seems like too much to ask but would pretty much make up for the RW (combined with Manderly's continued efforts and Davos being alive and well, I'll get over it one day).

So many great ideas for prologues, only 2 left...so sad. I love the Casterly Rock idea. It's definitely the castle I'm most interested in seeing but I don't know what is happening there that would be worth us making the trip, at this time at least. Skagos also makes sense because it's very possible we'll see Davos going there in TWOW. A Skagosi being killed by Shaggydog and Osha? Cool beans. Hunting Darkstar in Dorne would also be cool, but only if there was some type of reveal at the end to give it weight/importance. Myrcella captured? That might shake things up a bit. Storm's End falling also seems like a legit possibility. Greywater Watch seems like too much to ask but would pretty much make up for the RW (combined with Manderly's continued efforts and Davos being alive and well, I'll get over it one day).

I think if the prologue was Obara and Balon hunting Darkstar in Dorne (which I do.), the twist would be that Obara fails to kill Balon and is killed herself. This means that he'd know about the Dornish treachery, so near the end of the book he could turn up in KL and reveal all to Cersei and then we'd get some infighting in KL between the Martell's and the Lannisters.

I think Balon Swann is a really dangerous man. I dont know who'd win in a fight between Obara, Darkstar and him, especially when everyone of them would want to kill the two others. ^^

I think Balon Swann is a really dangerous man. I dont know who'd win in a fight between Obara, Darkstar and him, especially when everyone of them would want to kill the two others. ^^

I think he'd win against Obara; she seems rash and a bit ghung ho so to speak. As to Darkstar I don't know but he doesn't neccessarily need to be at their location. It is afterall a wild goose chase. He could have fled back to Starfall for all we know, and I think he'll stay alive so he can take his place as part of Aegon's KG once KL falls.

I think he'd win against Obara; she seems rash and a bit ghung ho so to speak. As to Darkstar I don't know but he doesn't neccessarily need to be at their location. It is afterall a wild goose chase. He could have fled back to Starfall for all we know, and I think he'll stay alive so he can take his place as part of Aegon's KG once KL falls.

Although I would love to see Darkstar in Starfall trying to convince whoever is in charge of the castle that he is worthy of Dawn, it is very unlikely. Darkstar is from High Hermitage, so he should be there, hiding.

However, it ocurred to me while writing this, defeating a Kingsguard would be a good way to prove his skills. i'm not sure if he, a Dayne from the second branch, can wield Dawn, but there is no better argument than killing one of the 7 best swords in Westeros in single combat.

Although I would love to see Darkstar in Starfall trying to convince whoever is in charge of the castle that he is worthy of Dawn, it is very unlikely. Darkstar is from High Hermitage, so he should be there, hiding. However, it ocurred to me while writing this, defeating a Kingsguard would be a good way to prove his skills. i'm not sure if he, a Dayne from the second branch, can wield Dawn, but there is no better argument than killing one of the 7 best swords in Westeros in single combat.

Why would he go to the first place people would expect. I didn't say anything of trying to get Dawn, though it's possible, I simply said a logical hiding place that wasn't the most obvious choice. And really I think it'd be a bit unoriginal for another KG to die in Dorne. How long is Cersei going to keep sending them down their?

You heard it here first. My pick for the prologue is a huge eruption of Valyria, that kills the POV.

What is this based on?

Just joining the dot on a number of the prophecies.

Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy - "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves" - ash from the volcanic eruptions, sea dries up - could be the " Sea of Sighs"

This eruption will block Dany heading back to Westeros. The Demon Road will be blocked, somehow the sea route will also blocked, may be by poisonous gases.

This event will force Dany and company (Tyrion, Victorian, Jorah, et al) to head east. Fulfilling Quaithe prophecy "To reach the west, you must go east". They will pass through Asshai and get eh "Truth" that Quaithe speachs of. They will then "pass beneath the shadow .. to to touch the light". Asshai in by the Shadows lands and ofty called " Asshai-by-the-Shadow".

I think that this is the reason why Dany had to sit around doing not much east of Valaria in aDwD, waiting for the envoys to get there. The 2nd doom will block their jounrey and they could not met Dany on her way back West, because she won't be going that way. This is the Meereenese knot the GRRM speack of.

I suspect that Tyrion reading will give him the knowledge that the world is round and if you keep going east, you end up in the west, much like our workd. I'm not sure how the "To go north, you must go south" part works. Maybe, just as far East become West, far South become North. Not sure what shape the world would need to be to allow that to happen. Maybe it is just the worlds magnetic field is at a 45 degree angle to spin axis (assuming the world of asoiaf is spherical like our own.)

You heard it here first. My pick for the prologue is a huge eruption of Valyria, that kills the POV.

What is this based on?

Just joining the dot on a number of the prophecies.

Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy - "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves" - ash from the volcanic eruptions, sea dries up - could be the " Sea of Sighs"

This eruption will block Dany heading back to Westeros. The Demon Road will be blocked, somehow the sea route will also blocked, may be by poisonous gases.

This event will force Dany and company (Tyrion, Victorian, Jorah, et al) to head east. Fulfilling Quaithe prophecy "To reach the west, you must go east". They will pass through Asshai and get eh "Truth" that Quaithe speachs of. They will then "pass beneath the shadow .. to to touch the light". Asshai in by the Shadows lands and ofty called " Asshai-by-the-Shadow".

I think that this is the reason why Dany had to sit around doing not much east of Valaria in aDwD, waiting for the envoys to get there. The 2nd doom will block their jounrey and they could not met Dany on her way back West, because she won't be going that way. This is the Meereenese knot the GRRM speack of.

I suspect that Tyrion reading will give him the knowledge that the world is round and if you keep going east, you end up in the west, much like our workd. I'm not sure how the "To go north, you must go south" part works. Maybe, just as far East become West, far South become North. Not sure what shape the world would need to be to allow that to happen. Maybe it is just the worlds magnetic field is at a 45 degree angle to spin axis (assuming the world of asoiaf is spherical like our own.)

I like this discussion. And actually, I really like the original posters selections. It would be nice to see some more of Dorne and figure out just what is up with this darkstar fellow. But I like the idea of Duck's POV to see what's happening with Aegon. That's probably the best scenario.

As for locations we haven't seen yet, The Arbor would be neat to see. So would Casterly Rock of cours,e though I have a feeling we will never actually see it throughout the entire series. It will exist in reputation only.

I like this discussion. And actually, I really like the original posters selections. It would be nice to see some more of Dorne and figure out just what is up with this darkstar fellow. But I like the idea of Duck's POV to see what's happening with Aegon. That's probably the best scenario.

As for locations we haven't seen yet, The Arbor would be neat to see. So would Casterly Rock of cours,e though I have a feeling we will never actually see it throughout the entire series. It will exist in reputation only.

Actually I'm fairly sure that Martin has said we'll be seeing Lannisport and Casterly Rock, but that he's saving it for something special.

I am careful with what I wish for, as all prologue/epilogue characters to date have been killed off. I realise you are just saying that you find it likely, but still...be careful with our Blackfish.

Yeha, well, no one wanted Ned to die either. Also I have a theory as to what he's up to, and a prolgoue would work well for it.

Archived