Cersei and "the new beautiful queen to cast her down"

Aimee Snow

At this point I think it might be Sansa. GRRM has kept her around for so long, even though she never actually does anything (no criticism, she's one of my favorite characters) and there has to be a reason for it. She's definitely part of the endgame.

At this point I think it might be Sansa. GRRM has kept her around for so long, even though she never actually does anything (no criticism, she's one of my favorite characters) and there has to be a reason for it. She's definitely part of the endgame.

I don't think all characters in ASOIAF are supposed to "do something".

I think GRRM has chosen some characters are Point of View, not because of their own actions. But because of what they see happening around them. Almost like a camera to record the action.

Sansa might not have done much herself. But she was in the middle of the Lannister court, after Ned died and all Northerns were gone from King's Landing. GRRM could have just told us what had happened in King's Landing. Just like he has always just told us how Rob's battles were going. In stead of using Robb as a PoV-character. Seeing the action in the Lannister court through the eyes of Sansa is much more fun than just reading about it later.

Later on, of course, GRRM introduced Cersei and Jamie as PoV-characters. But for the first 2 books, having Sansa around in King's Landing was very useful from a narrative standpoint.

It's similar to Brienne's chapters. There isn't that much action in them. But they do a tremendous job describing the lands of Westeros. How the common people live. And they show how devastating the short war of the Wolf has been on the riverlands. So even though Brienne's story might not have had the most surprising plot, they did serve a good purpose.

Same with Sansa. So I don't think we can conclude that Sansa will be a main character in the plot later on. She might be. But I don't think we can make any conclusions. Knowing GRRM, she might just die suddenly. :) (On the other hand, it seems GRRM has become more careful with his main characters after the first 3 books. The death/page-ratio has done down, I think).

You may be right. Sansa went from one of my least-liked characters to one of the more interesting. She could become pretty dangerous as she learns/matures. She certainly has no reason to love Cersei.

Hmmmm think i was just looking at the most obvious of persons if you don't think on about it and thought i would be Margery but when i read this Dany is also possible already being queen and true heir to the iron throne and all. Don't see the Sansa thing happening just yet but still need to read about 3 quarters of aFfC and than there are still 3 more books so we'll see i guess :)

When I was reading i immediately thought it was Dany the Maggi was talking about, but it would really be awesome if it is Sansa in the prophecy! Cersei never considered her to the one, while she thought that it's Margery. I hope it is Sansa!

I doubt it's Sansa just because she's more of a pawn rather than a player. My immediate thought while reading the book was Margery, but upon thinking about it, I would have to say that the young queen is surely Dany.

As far as Sansa goes, my gut tells me that she's just another pawn to be used by Littlefinger she will be another victim of the shocking, unexpected death cliche we all know and love. : D

i'm not sure it's margaery anymore. i once tthought she was the obvious choice, and i can see why dany would appeal to others, but IMO it's sansa. she doesn't have to sit the iron throne to be the younger more beautifu queen. she can be crowned queen in the north by LF. and another reason why i don't agree it's dany even though it would be cool to ave these two character fighting each other, it's cause dany has no presonal connection to cersei. sure, if dany won the throne and cast cersei down, it will be good, but cersei has no deep grudge against a lost targaeryan (not sure i spelled that right) whom she has never seen before. by the time dany arrives in westeros, if she ever does, i think cersei may have already lost tons of the thigns she cared about, so it would hurt cersei more to loose everything thanks to sansa, a girl she disliked and hates now since she thinks killed her son, than some dragon queen suddenly appearing in cersei's life. whereas sansa has sort of taken jaime from cersei and joff as well. the thing that convinved the tyrells to kill joff was sansa's comfirmation of his violence, and jaime, trying to keep his oath to cat and having brienne finding sansa, is getting away from his twin who would have killed the girl at first sight. and when sansa was w/ ceresi during the battle we had her trying to comfort the women present, while cersei only cares about joff. i do think sansa has some very important things coming to her, and if she follows LF's advices she will be a great player in the game of thrones. it will be sweet to have her paying back the woman who helped make her life hell when she was younger and vulnerable.

i'm not sure it's margaery anymore. i once tthought she was the obvious choice, and i can see why dany would appeal to others, but IMO it's sansa. she doesn't have to sit the iron throne to be the younger more beautifu queen. she can be crowned queen in the north by LF. and another reason why i don't agree it's dany even though it would be cool to ave these two character fighting each other, it's cause dany has no presonal connection to dany. sure, if dany won the throne and cast cersei down, it will be good, but cersei has no deep grudge against a lost targaeryan (not sure i spelled that right) whom she has never seen before. by the time dany arrives in westeros, if she ever does, i think cersei may have already lost tons of the thigns she cared about, so it would hurt cersei more to loose everything thanks to sansa, a girl she disliked and hates now since she thinks killed her son, than some dragon queen suddenly appearing in cersei's life. whereas sansa has sort of taken jaime from cersei and joff as well. the thing that convinved the tyrells to kill joff was sansa's comfirmation of his violence, and jaime, trying to keep his oath to cat and having brienne finding sansa, is getting away from his twin who would have killed the girl at first sight. and when sansa was w/ ceresi during the battle we had her trying to comfort the women present, while cersei only cares about joff. i do think sansa has some very important things coming to her, and if she follows LF's advices she will be a great player in the game of thrones. it will be sweet to have her paying back the woman who helped make her life hell when she was younger and vulnerable.

Also, I've been re-reading the books and both Cersei and Joff say that Sansa is stupid quite often, Cersei didn't see her as the one from the prophecy, which could show (in the end) how stupid Cersei was herself.

My initial thoughts were that it would be Dany, she is the obvious person to take everything from Cersei when she returns, it just doesn't look like she is going to have 'everything' for much longer and Dany is nowhere in sight.

Arianne will never be a Queen now that we know Dorne is backing Dany and that she will be the heir to Sunspear so i can't see her doing much, nor Sansa, who i can't imagine killing kids, especially not kids she knows like Tommen.

Which leave Marge, who didn't seem to have the power or guts for that either, however it could be that Cersei has created a self fulfilling prophecy. By trying so hard to get rid of young Marge, she managed to cause her own downfall when the Church offs her. Just my tuppence.

~~ I soooo agree with you! :agree:

i'm not sure it's margaery anymore. i once tthought she was the obvious choice, and i can see why dany would appeal to others, but IMO it's sansa. she doesn't have to sit the iron throne to be the younger more beautifu queen. she can be crowned queen in the north by LF. and another reason why i don't agree it's dany even though it would be cool to ave these two character fighting each other, it's cause dany has no presonal connection to cersei. sure, if dany won the throne and cast cersei down, it will be good, but cersei has no deep grudge against a lost targaeryan (not sure i spelled that right) whom she has never seen before. by the time dany arrives in westeros, if she ever does, i think cersei may have already lost tons of the thigns she cared about, so it would hurt cersei more to loose everything thanks to sansa, a girl she disliked and hates now since she thinks killed her son, than some dragon queen suddenly appearing in cersei's life. whereas sansa has sort of taken jaime from cersei and joff as well. the thing that convinved the tyrells to kill joff was sansa's comfirmation of his violence, and jaime, trying to keep his oath to cat and having brienne finding sansa, is getting away from his twin who would have killed the girl at first sight. and when sansa was w/ ceresi during the battle we had her trying to comfort the women present, while cersei only cares about joff. i do think sansa has some very important things coming to her, and if she follows LF's advices she will be a great player in the game of thrones. it will be sweet to have her paying back the woman who helped make her life hell when she was younger and vulnerable.

:cool4: nicely put

My initial thoughts were that it would be Dany, she is the obvious person to take everything from Cersei when she returns, it just doesn't look like she is going to have 'everything' for much longer and Dany is nowhere in sight.

Arianne will never be a Queen now that we know Dorne is backing Dany and that she will be the heir to Sunspear so i can't see her doing much, nor Sansa, who i can't imagine killing kids, especially not kids she knows like Tommen.

Which leave Marge, who didn't seem to have the power or guts for that either, however it could be that Cersei has created a self fulfilling prophecy. By trying so hard to get rid of young Marge, she managed to cause her own downfall when the Church offs her. Just my tuppence.

Why does Sansa need to kill the children? they could be successfully just taken from Cersei or the prophecy would work the way that Sansa doesn't need to be directly involved (just like with Joffrey - she said the truth about him and Tyrells decided to kill him, but she herself wasn't expecting that or planning that at all).

Honestly there are only two candidates:

Margaery Tyrell and Sansa Stark. The Beautiful and younger queen has to take EVERYTHING away from Cersei not just queenship, and ONLY Sansa and Margaery ever did that.

Joffrey: Both ladies took part in his death. Sansa is the reason why he died. She gave the information. Sansa takes indirectly part to his death. Margaery on the other hand was directly involved, because she knew which cup of wine to drink (and even possible was the one who killed him). However Cersei put the blame on Tyrion and Sansa. Cersei hates Sansa for this she blames her. Sansa and Margaery equally are responsible for this:

1 - 1

Tommen: Margaery is basically manipulating him against Cersei

2 - 1 for Margaery

Queenship: Right now Margaery is more loved by the citizen of King's Landing then Cersei, and Cersei hates it and justified fears Margaery to be that certain queen.

3 - 1 For Margaery.

Jaime: Again this is indirectly from Sansa's part, but still. Jaime is at this point searching along with Brienne for Sansa. And even said: "Sansa is my last chance at honor"

3 - 2 for Sansa. At this point Margaery is more likely to be the queen, but since she is already suspected by Cersei it could be a misleading trail from George, and honestly I wouldn't cast Sansa away just yet. It took Danaerys one book to decide that she should take the iron throne instead of Viserys, plus power is displayed to Sansa. She is in the right place to seize power all she has to do is reach for it.

I disagree, and I think it is Dany. If it's not Dany, then GRRM has wasted a whole lot of my time telling me about stuff that is going on half a world away that has no real bearing on what is happening in Westoros. If Dany is not going to cross the narrow sea and reclaim the iron throne then why is she a major character in the story?

Now, I do think that Margery is going to bode ill for Cersei in the short term, but I think Dany is the key to this whole story. Dany's story has been brewing on the backburner letting all the flavors come together and meld and I think that is going to be some good stew when it's done.

I would love to see Sansa come in to her own, and definitely be Queen in the North, and I think LF has a good plan for Sansa and she should sit tight and see how that all shakes out. And it doesn't hurt that she is on good terms with the Tyrells, Once the Lanisters are out of the way the Tyrells have a shot at King's Landing and Sansa will have the North and the Vale. The Tyrells might get caught up in Dany's wake fighting over the Iron Throne, but the Starks are not ambitious people. Sansa will be happy to bend the knee to the True Queen.

I''m Team Sansa all the way! I want it to be her so badly because she's one of my favorite characters. They said that the queen had to be more beautiful than Cersei... at least that's the part that Cersei seems to focus on a lot so far as I've read. That really leaves only two characters that we've met thus far: Sansa and Dany.

But watch GRRM do something crazy and make Arya queen or something like that. Maybe we're talking beauty on the inside? Only time (and GRRM) will tell!

Sansa has a good shot of becoming queen if Littlefinger's plotting works.

Edited for spoiler tag fail.

Did you all read the the Alayne chapter when Littlefinger breaks down the lineage that would make Harry the Heir king?

Archived