Which Pov will we get with the paperback ADWD?

Candor

GRRM has said it will not be the Theon chapter he just gave us. also he said he will not be introducing any new Pov characters in TWoW other than one-off prologue or epilogue characters. who will it be?

I don't think it'll be the Arianne chapter he did a reading for. Maybe the alternative Aeron Damphair chapter?

Really though I think it almost has to be a "biggie."

It'll be a Dany chapter, just to make Apple Martini really happy :P

I'm hoping for Sansa, but expecting Damphair.

I too would love a Davos chapter. Crap, now I think Damphair is the only POV I wouldn't want.

This. This, and This. I hope you're listening, GRRM even though I know you aren't. :frown5:

I think the more likely candidates are:

---Damphair (..............)

---:bang:

---Sam

-To let us know what's going on in the world of Maesters and novices-who-aren't-what-they-seem (cough Sand Snakes and Faceless Men!) :thumbsup:

-And of course we've all been dying to see Fat Pink Mast, part two, haven't we? :ack:

---Victarion

----Because he's... a pirate? :pirate:

----all that "kraken and dark flame" prophecy business. I'm sure I'd love to see what happens when Victarion arrives and Dany isn't even there.

None of these am I especially excited for, which of course is just how GRRM wants it. :devil:

If GRRM truly knows his readers, he will give us the Sansa chapter. No one likes Aeron. And I can't imagine him telling, showing, giving, doing, seeing, or experiencing something of interest. If the Drowned God has not beamed him to some interesting place, he is still stuck on the Iron Islands, and nothing important happened there. Ever.

I'd gladly read Arianne's first chapter, though. Witnessing Doran's reaction when he learns about Aegon would be interesting. Is he hoping the boy truly Elia's son, or is he sceptical.

Arianne II would not be that interesting since we already what happened there.

Happy New Year everybody.

I'm guessing it will possibly be Sansa or Sam. Not too interested in the Damphair, either, but it would not surprise me. Davos could be a possibility - the start of his journey to find Rickon.

I'd love to see Ser Barristan just to see what happens next.

I think it will be a new one we haven't already seen, sell more books that way, and a puzzle piece that doesn't join with those we already have.

I don't think it will be one to solve any cliffhangers, so maybe Sansa, Davos, Sam or Tyrion.

sadly, I'm not counting on Jon, Bran, Arya.

Question here,

Has GRRM ever put the bonus chapter on his site after it comes out in paperback?

I ask only if no, then I have to buy the paperback to get that info, or if he puts it on his site I just print it and stick it in the back of my ADWD hard cover.

When unemployed I need to save where I can. :)

Archived