[Book Spoilers] So is Margrey Tyrell gonna be a main character?

Gingerly Grumkin

Margarey Tyrell, who was hardly in A Clash Of Kings, will be played by Natalie Dormer (super hot, semi famous actress) must have a bigger role in the show. In the show we see(well hear) Ser Lores blowing Lord Renly.(A little much if you ask me) So the viewer is fully aware of Renly banging his fiancee's brother. Hollywood would eat up that story! It sounds like a show on it's on accord. So we will probably see much more Margarey Tyrell (thank god so hot!) but also watch/listen to alot of gay sex

• 2 weeks later...

We will then, King Stark, and make sure to not take any of your posts seriously henceforth.

I think they'll give Maragery more of a role, but certainly not mess around with the books too much. Maragery is a peripheral character that needed to be to show the significance of Highgarden. Maybe she'll do a bit more when Renly is around, like the "Clash" of Kings near the beginning, and after that we may get to see her sort of taking a role with the troops along with her brother. I honestly don't expect anything big, but her character really is important.

The problem with the Loras-Renly scene wasn't the sex... It was how they made both characters to fit gay stereo types.

In the books, they are both famous knights and not afraid of blood or hunting. It is possible to be gay and also a commanding leader, charismatic, handsome, and a fierce knight as well. Not sure why HBO changed that.

Loras and Renly's relationship isn't relevant to whether or not or Margery Tyrell will become a more prominent character in the HBO series. Keep on topic, please.

Seems to me like their relationship was part of the topic.

Yes, I believe Margaery will be more prominent, simply for the fact already mentioned. She just wouldn't sign on for a minor role. She will, I'm sure become more of a direct adversary for Cersei, and in addition merge withThe queen of thorns.

And seeing as how Renly dies midway or so though the second book, I guess we'll at most have one more gay sex scene. Which I'm rather ambivalent about. Actually, if they can make it a bit sexier this time, maybe I'm for.

Yes, I believe Margaery will be more prominent, simply for the fact already mentioned. She just wouldn't sign on for a minor role. She will, I'm sure become more of a direct adversary for Cersei, and in addition merge withThe queen of thorns.

I too think they'll cut the QoT. They've already made Loras more interested in politics than he seems in the books. I think Marge & Loras will be the plotters behind House Tyrell.

I too think they'll cut the QoT. They've already made Loras more interested in politics than he seems in the books. I think Marge & Loras will be the plotters behind House Tyrell.

They could cut the queen of thorns and merge her with Margaery, but I doubt they will. She's fairly important and has some great lines and scenes, so I imagine they will keep include her for season 3. For the most part they have kept characters like the QoT that could have been cut, like Dolouros Edd, Xaro, Dagmer Cleftjaw, and even Kevan Lannister. Of course, the Blackfish and the Reeds didn't make it, but I think the Reeds were problematic probably in casting and how their lines would sound on television, and the Blackfish really doesn't have any stand out scenes until his negotiation with Jaime. With the QoT they can use her for a few good scenes in the third and the fourth seasons and then she won't be needed any longer.

Yes, the QoT will most definately be in. Fairly limited, but loved character, great lines, balances out the age range. Well I guess it depends on the budget. The Reeds however can easily placed in the next season, no need to overload the second season.

I guess Margaery Tyrell will get more to do, but it won't be a own new story arc. There's enough to be handled without that. It'll probably mostly be set-up for the gread bitch-fights between her and Cersei in the next books ;)

Aside from the scene where Margery invites Sansa to sup with herself and her family (the Bear and the Maiden Fair scene), and adjusting Sansa hair net, the QoT could easily be cut from the rest of the show. It shouldn't be to expensive to get an actor for two scenes.

Archived