Sandor Clegane v. 14

Though in fairness Greg may have killed his wives before they could ever bring a pregnancy to full term. But of course, as we know, Sandor's a total virg. *ducks*

Really? :eek:

Though wouldn't it just be a peach if he did like some of the Unsullied etc do and just go to the pleasurehouses for like, a hug and company or something, "Just hold me." xD

My full crackpot is Sansa marries Harry. Harry ill-advised-ly declares himself King of Vale, Riveralnds, North, etc. Dany comes with her dragons and.... yeah, Harry, and the Eyrie, we knew you two well.

I totally agree with said crackpot, except I think they'll just be engaged. :)

Sorry about your uncle, btw.

Really? :eek:

That's why he's so angry. Cause he can't get laid (ugly) and he's tired of his hand.

Though wouldn't it just be a peach if he did like some of the Unsullied etc do and just go to the pleasurehouses for like, a hug and company or something, "Just hold me." xD

Now I have to sit in a corner and weep for Stalwart Shield. :crying:

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. *hug*

Nice catch! Wow, that is pretty amazing. The only thing is that they're not at the Eyrie anymore. But it could certainly happen in the Vale.

My theory is that the dragons will land in the Westerlands -- perhaps Casterly Rock, since Dany will have to go east to go west. But that doesn't mean that a Targ won't take down Harry. Perhaps even Faegon could take him down?

I keep getting the feeling that at least part of the Vale court will have to go back to the Eyrie, and I'm thinking it's a security concern, because they're going to be pushed into the war by getting attacked. Whatever army it is is pretty successful, so they just keep pushing them back up the mountain.

Fae could, certainly. (if he is a Targ :devil:)

If we're really looking into it, wouldn't you say he is more like Aerion (the Targ that beat the Hardyng) than Dany is? I mean, neither of them are that ......I don't even know what to say, I called Aerion an absolute cunt in the last topic I mentioned him...but you know, Aegon did have his little kicking over the cyvasse table moment so maybe he's got some anger issues.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. *hug*

I totally agree with said crackpot, except I think they'll just be engaged. :)

Sorry about your uncle, btw.

Thanks, guys! :grouphug:

It would be pretty quick for them to be married already, but Sansa already got a fast one pulled on her, ala Tyrion.

That's why he's so angry. Cause he can't get laid (ugly) and he's tired of his hand.

Now I have to sit in a corner and weep for Stalwart Shield. :crying:

Any man would be! ;)

Stalwart Shield, we knew you well. :wub: /// :crying:

If we're really looking into it, wouldn't you say he is more like Aerion (the Targ that beat the Hardyng) than Dany is? I mean, neither of them are that ......I don't even know what to say, I called Aerion an absolute cunt in the last topic I mentioned him...but you know, Aegon did have his little kicking over the cyvasse table moment so maybe he's got some anger issues.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't read those books yet (rereading DwD first) but Faegon definitely struck me as something of a little shit. Not a terrible one, but I still prefer Dany to him.

Stalwart Shield, we knew you well. :wub: /// :crying:

I would cuddle him.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't read those books yet (rereading DwD first) but Faegon definitely struck me as something of a little shit. Not a terrible one, but I still prefer Dany to him.

I would cuddle him.

Yeah, Aerion is well, horrendous. Read all about it. And yet I find it odd that the wiki didn't even put in what I felt was his worst moment...

Okay, so the best way to put it is how it's said in Egg (Aegon V's) bio page:

"He loathed his brother the cruel and sadistic Aerion who threw Aegon's pet cat down a well and even once visited Aegon in his bedroom during the dead of night where Aerion put a knife to Aegon's privates and joked about removing Aegon's genitals so he would become a girl who Aerion could marry."

I would also gladly comfort the brave and noble Stalwart Shield.

Sandor shadowbaby? :eek:

I do think that Mel might consider him a real special case, perhaps even someone that needs to be in higher service to R'hllor, but Sandor is totes gonna say "Bugger this and Bugger you." :)

I don't think buggering can provide shadowbabies until Mel can pull some magic out of her ass.

Sansa and dragons with pink bows make me happy, like very happy, just thinking about. Which I need. I went to my uncle's funeral today and it was like, whoa.

As for the Eyrie stuff, I am now beginning to believe such a dragon attack will happen. :thumbsup: And why, you might ask? Well, there are two textual reasons that give me the leave to think so. Let me show them to you!

1. There's been too much mention of how the Eyrie is "impregnable", (unless you're Bronn I guess :lmao:). Well I say, not to dragons, it ain't.

2. As I made note of in a different thread I started, I was reading the Dunk and Egg tales, at the part of the Ashford tourney, and the matchups for the jousting were very interesting. Most relevant to this topic was the Hardyng vs. Targaryen match. Hardynge got brutally defeated by the Targ in question. Makes me think a certain blood of the dragon might repeat this in present history.

My full crackpot is Sansa marries Harry. Harry ill-advised-ly declares himself King of Vale, Riveralnds, North, etc. Dany comes with her dragons and.... yeah, Harry, and the Eyrie, we knew you two well.

condolences on your uncle.

Hmn but wouldn't Harry being killed by Daenerys's dragons mean that Sansa would become shudder Tyrion's prisoner once more?

condolences on your uncle.

Hmn but wouldn't Harry being killed by Daenerys's dragons mean that Sansa would become shudder Tyrion's prisoner once more?

That's where Sandor would come in, I guess ;) His days of playing the traditional warrior saviour are over methinks, however, and if he ends up "saving" Sansa somehow, it won't be charging up to the Gates of the Moon on a warhorse. I think the memory of the unkiss will somehow be important here, perhaps even Sandor's cloak, if we knew where the hell it was. Or maybe he'll be in disguise as a poor brother visiting the Vale, and something will happen then.

Yeah, Aerion is well, horrendous. Read all about it. And yet I find it odd that the wiki didn't even put in what I felt was his worst moment...

Okay, so the best way to put it is how it's said in Egg (Aegon V's) bio page:

"He loathed his brother the cruel and sadistic Aerion who threw Aegon's pet cat down a well and even once visited Aegon in his bedroom during the dead of night where Aerion put a knife to Aegon's privates and joked about removing Aegon's genitals so he would become a girl who Aerion could marry."

I would also gladly comfort the brave and noble Stalwart Shield.

So I finally got the other Dunk & Egg stories! Read the Hedge Knight last night! Poor Egg. AND ALL MY CREYS FOR AEMON WHO WAS ONLY MENTIONED TANGENTIALLY AS BEING SO USELESS THEY SENT HIM TO THE CITADEL!

Anyway, this is totally on topic, because as I was reading I couldn't help but be reminded of Sandor sometimes, the way Dunk spoke to Egg. Threatened to beat him bloody frequently, etc. (before he learned who Egg was, and just thought him a lowly commoner turned squire) Not nearly as rough and gruesome as Sandor, but still!

Does anyone think there is some etymological significance to the Hound's first name?

Sandor is apparently the Hungarian derivation of Alexander. Which roughly translates into "the defender of men".

Coincidence?

Sansa could be a derivation of Sanchia, which apparently translates into "the saint". :)

Does anyone think there is some etymological significance to the Hound's first name?

Sandor is apparently the Hungarian derivation of Alexander. Which roughly translates into "the defender of men".

Coincidence?

Sansa could be a derivation of Sanchia, which apparently translates into "the saint". :)

As much respect as I have for GRRM, I don't think he thought about things that much when choosing names. I think he probably chose Sandor and Gregor for the Clegane brothers because they sound similar.

More fun: Robb/Robert signifies "bright fame".

Both the Usurper and the Young Wolf earned renown amongst the commoners for their skill on the battlefield and/or as battlefield commanders.

Interesting.... With regards to Sandor - hopefully now that he's through being a butcher of men, he can be the defender.

Coincidence?

I like this, though Sandor is also a name currently used in Hungary, yes? (btw, Tyrion has odd connections to Alexander the Great, imo, but that's another story) And both bros' names are Slavic names, though with lots of other derivations.

When you look at the word "Stark" it perfectly fits the family. One of the meanings is even "rigid, unbending" which made me think of Sansa's knees at her wedding.

ETA: In case any of us lose heart that perhaps the Hound is not an uber-important character in these books, over on the "Characters by number of mentions thread," he came in at #21, with 579 mentions. The only non-POV characters who come in higher are: Littlefinger, Tywin Lannister, Robert Baratheon, Joffrey B., Stannis B., Robb Stark, Eddard Stark. And with the exception of Brienne of Tarth, the POV characters that receive more mentions than him are the ones that contribute to the backbone of the storylines in the first three books.

I don't know shit about statistics, but I'm going to bet that the odds are good that, given the prominence of his character and the fact that, even when he's not "on stage," lots of other characters think of him or bring him up in conversation, he will be a real game-changer. The only characters that earned more mentions than him who are out of the story are: Tywin, Robert, Joffrey, Robb, Ned. BIG, big prominent exits. I find it very unlikely, given this, that he'd go out with a whimper rather than a bang.

And dude: Rhaegar and Lyanna aren't anywhere near that high, and they have 18 threads. Sandor is at 21, and we're only on 14. So keep it coming, people!

And dude: Rhaegar and Lyanna aren't anywhere near that high, and they have 18 threads. Sandor is at 21, and we're only on 14. So keep it coming, people!

Ok! So, Sandor is obviously a very important character to us, but it's nice to get some statistical confirmation from the text. But just how big is his role going to be in the next two books I wonder? Is he going to continue to his supporting act for the Starks, or does GRRM have something more momentous in store for our Hound? With this in mind, I've listed a number of (crackpotty) options that others can feel free to explore on (or not) in terms of Sandor's upcoming storyline:

Sandor as Azor Ahai

Sandor as the PTWP

Sandor as the Reformed Beast to someone's beauty

Sandor as High Septon (we've talked on this a bit already)

Sandor as champion of the Faith

Sandor as dragon rider

Sandor as dragon feed :(

Sandor sent to the wall for Saltpans

Sandor working for Faegon and co.

Sandor helping to restore Sansa to Winterfell

Sandor as Daenerys' mount to love :P

Sandor as King of Westeros

Sandor as homely farmer

Sandor as Lord Clegane

Sandor as R'hllor convert

Sandor as Littlefinger killer

Sandor the avenger ( kiling Gregor)

Sandor the baby daddy

Sandor the husband

Sandor the lover

Sandor the confidante

etc etc

As humorous as some of these may be :) my intention is not for wild speculation, but genuine discussion and analysis on the option of your choice/preference.

ETA: Sandor as the valonquar

I like this, though Sandor is also a name currently used in Hungary, yes?

sure :)

There is some footballers bearing this name, there was famous hungarian writer/ journalist...

(http://en.wikipedia....ndor_M%C3%A1rai)

And, AFAIR, pronunciation this name is the same as 'Szandor' in la Vey name (http://es.wikipedia....n_Szandor_LaVey)

:D

ay, ay, ser! :D

Archived