If Bran's prophecy is true, Jon is dead, at best undead.

JonTargStark

I am trying very hard to think that Jon is not dead and will lead Westeros against the darkness of Others and all that in next book or two, and have a happy ending, but if Bran's prophecy is true, it sounds like Jon is at best undead(wight) or dead.

It goes

...Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him...

I hoped that Mel put some spell on Jon to protect him from future, and that was why Jon's wound was smoking when he got stabbed, because Mel's God is of fire, but it doesn't look good.

Does a prophecy ever be wrong in Song of Ice and Fire series? If not, let's say good bye to that happy ending of mine, where Jon and Dany Marries and have kids after destroying Others as they rode their dragons together against Others...

Bran's vision is in line with Dany's vision of a blue rose growing in a chink of a wall of ice.

I think, and I think a lot of other posters think, that Jon is only "mostly dead," i.e., in a coma or some other suspended state, which would look like death. He will return after spending sometime in Ghost, where he will learn the secrets of the universe, yadda yadda, and then rise again to become something-or-other.

well i find the line, the memory of warmth fled out, indicates that it's more than just being severely hurt, it sounds like Jon is in the process of dying or becoming undead. If a character was on the verge of death or just in comma, i don't think that description is appropriate. It seems more fitting for when a character is crossing a ford where there is no return to warmth of human life.

except this prophecy was given in the first 100 pages of GoT and Jon's

stabbing

happens at the end of ADWD.

Everything else mentioned in that particular prophecy has come to fruition, I copied it out earlier today to debunk a different theory, and all the rest of that vision involving his family members is strictly contemporary.

GRRM never promised a happy ending but did mention something about a bittersweet one.

I'm not sure all visions/prophecies come true,Mel seems a bit ropey at interpreting hers.However the one you mention about Jon comes from the coma/dream of Bran ,where Bloodraven as the three eyed Crow encourages him to fly or die.

Some of what he saw were actually current events of the time,such as Catelyn sailing to King's Landing,some seemingly in the future,such as unGregor/Robert Strong.

But they all seem accurate.....

...Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him...

I think and hope that Dany's 'blue flower growing from the wall of ice' vision symbolizes Jon being at the Wall at that point in time and this vision of Bran was fulfilled when Jon was thrown in the ice cells by Janos Slynt for his desertion and spent several days there (or both of those visions are referencing that time and not the future). If he "died" at the end of ADWD and his body stays in the ice cells until Dany arrives in Westeros and revives him, which with our luck would probably happen a whole book or a book and a half later, I'm going to scream.

My interpretation of Bran's vision in AGOT is that he is being shown everything that is happening in real time a that moment. Catelyn is on a ship heading to King's Landing. Sansa is crying herself to sleep every night because Lady was just killed. Arya is holding secrets (Nymeria is still alive) close to her heart. And Jon is at the Wall, which was something Bran didn't know before he fell, and it is cold there.

It does sound ominous, but I don't take it as a glimpse of the future because nothing else there really was.

And yes, the great prophecy of the Stallion that Mounts the World - R.I.P. Rhaego - didn't turn out like the crones thought. And there is always what Marwyn said about prophecy...

I think and hope that Dany's 'blue flower growing from the wall of ice' vision symbolizes Jon being at the Wall at that point in time and this vision of Bran was fulfilled when Jon was thrown in the ice cells by Janos Slynt for his desertion and spent several days there (or both of those visions are referencing that time and not the future). If he "died" at the end of ADWD and his body stays in the ice cells until Dany arrives in Westeros and revives him, which with our luck would probably happen a whole book or a book and a half later, I'm going to scream.

My take is that he is not quite dead,abandoned beyond the wall as dead,taken and revived by the Others as a sacrifice to them.

Then becomes their leader.

My interpretation of Bran's vision in AGOT is that he is being shown everything that is happening in real time a that moment. Catelyn is on a ship heading to King's Landing. Sansa is crying herself to sleep every night because Lady was just killed. Arya is holding secrets (Nymeria is still alive) close to her heart. And Jon is at the Wall, which was something Bran didn't know before he fell, and it is cold there.

It does sound ominous, but I don't take it as a glimpse of the future because nothing else there really was.

And yes, the great prophecy of the Stallion that Mounts the World - R.I.P. Rhaego - didn't turn out like the crones thought. And there is always what Marwyn said about prophecy...

You are spot on! And also I dont think not evey prophecy come to pass as interpreted.

what did Marwyn say?

bran also saw Robert Strong in his prophecies, which happened in distant future.

and stallion prediction never came true but smaller scale prophecy, not as grand as stallion, have been coming true left n right so far for/from dany n bran

And Bran did see prophecies to the future, like how he saw the tall giant knight with a visor, and underneath it, there was nothing but darkness or something like that...i really want to think Jon isn't going to be wight or something or dead.....I want someone to convince me LOL

"One shadow was dark as ash,with the terrible face of a hound.Another was armoured like the sun,golden and beautiful.Over them both loomed a giant in armour made of stone,but when he opened his visor,there was nothing inside but darkness and thick,black blood"

The description of Gregor sounds more like a description of Robert Strong to me.Even if Gregor is not Robert Strong,the vision seems futuristic and accurate.

My take is that he is not quite dead,abandoned beyond the wall as dead,taken and revived by the Others as a sacrifice to them.

Then becomes their leader.

I think I would actually be ok with this (of course, the Others would win and rule Westeros xD) an awesome twist to the predictable story :D

And about Bran's prophecy, it doesn't necessarily have to mean that Jon is dead, he could be in a coma and he would look almost like he is dead.

"One shadow was dark as ash,with the terrible face of a hound.Another was armoured like the sun,golden and beautiful.Over them both loomed a giant in armour made of stone,but when he opened his visor,there was nothing inside but darkness and thick,black blood"

The description of Gregor sounds more like a description of Robert Strong to me.Even if Gregor is not Robert Strong,the vision seems futuristic and accurate.

mentioned this exact thing in a different thread, and we hadn't even seen ser gregor at this time, plus these 'shadows' are surrounding sansa and arya, neither of who have anything to do with ser robert strong...

Archived