Val (possible ASOS spoilers!)

Val the Wildling Princess

• 2 months later...

I would love to see Tabrett playing Val. She was the best of LOTS (To be honest, all those women were awesome in the show). But Tabrett did an especial performance; You only have to see the scenes which she appeared with Craig Horner (Richard): He was like :drool:. She acted in a manner so sensual and masculine at the same time; just like Val is. That caused a sexual tension with all the male characters in the series. All of the woman you have posted here are beatiful, but Val is not only beautiful: she has to have a great screen presence. The only difficult is that D&D prefer european actress and actors to play medieval roles.

• 2 weeks later...

Would personally love to see Dominique McElligott cast in this role. think she has the pedigree for it and has the pale skin and high cheek bones to match the description of Val.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dominique+McElligott+Premiere+AMC+Hell+Wheels+zApbKRC7Zncl.jpg

http://liambluett.com/wp-content/uploads/media/2011/11/Dominique-McElligott-300x236.jpg

Think she would be a great addition but can also see similarities to Cersei so that might go against her

• 3 weeks later...

According to winteriscoming.net, Stephanie Blacker is playing a character named "Violet" and will only appear in one episode this season, episode 7 or 8.

So... not Val then? Or a changed name?

She could be Val with a changed named, but since she's only appearing in one episode, I doubt shes Val. I think she's more like to be Kyra, who Theon tries to save during his failed escape attempt from the Dreadfort.

According to winteriscoming.net, Stephanie Blacker is playing a character named "Violet" and will only appear in one episode this season, episode 7 or 8.

So... not Val then? Or a changed name?

As Nezzer said, they might change her name.

She could be Val with a changed named, but since she's only appearing in one episode, I doubt shes Val. I think she's more like to be Kyra, who Theon tries to save during his failed escape attempt from the Dreadfort.

Kyra? Sorry, but she is so unimportant most readers don't remember her. Also, many characters who were more important than Kyra weren't cast, because they are still unimportant to plot...

Kyra is too unimportant for even one episode.

I think you're being a little stubborn here. It's not like the entire episode would revolve around her if that is indeed the character she were playing.

It seems entirely possible to me. I just doesn't make sense for Blacker to only be in one episode 2-3 episodes before the season finale if she's playing Val.

Kyra could be very important for Theon's arc this season. In DwD he regrets having failed to save her and tries to make up for it by saving Jeyne. Theon won't just sit there being tortured and doing nothing for an entire season. He will probably try to escape with Kyra/Violet, who is another captive in the Dreadfort, with the help of Reek, but then Reek betrays Theon and reveals his true identity. This is how I think Ramsay's reveal will play out.

Kyra is too unimportant for even one episode.

The producers clearly want to keep Theon involved in the next two seasons, which is a problem b/c he wasn't in ASOS. The "escape attempt" is one of the few reflections on Theon's time in captivity that we get, so it would make sense to keep it. Ramsay murdering Kyra, feeding her to his dogs and then promising to name one of his bitches after her b/c she fought is also good way to show the TV viewer just how sick a monster Ramsay is. All in all, it's a just good plot point to keep imo.

With all that said though, I think the girl who's been cast as Myranda will be playing Kyra's role, I'm not sure who this Violet is going to be. I suspect it might just be a name change to make it clearer to non-book readers that she is sisters with Val, Violet and Val. It could just be that simple :dunno:

Archived