AFFC audio

Anyone know whether they will re-release the audiobooks on CD?

I'm not going to buy them on cassette, and now that AFfC is on CD... I was hoping they might put out the earlier books on CD.

-Zen Blade

It's probably easier to join Audible.com or some such and download and burn them yourself. A lot cheaper, too.

It's probably easier to join Audible.com or some such and download and burn them yourself. A lot cheaper, too.

i first bought GOT on casset read by dotrice (i had never befor listen to a book) and i was hooked

dotrice did a exelant job. after that i bout the other too from audible and when the feast was served i was so dissapointed that dotrice was not ther to help me enjoy it on long car rides like befor. don't get me rong lee isn't that bad but hering him call cercie (how ever you sepll it)

SER SAY realy gets on my nerves.

i was glad tyrion wasn't in the feast because i love the voice dotrice does of him. i evan hear it in my head when i read the books my self.

it would be nice if they could find a female with the range of voices that dotrice has do the books with him. it would be the closest thing to a move or tv version of the seriese that we are like to get

• 1 year later...
it would be nice if they could find a female with the range of voices that dotrice has do the books with him. it would be the closest thing to a move or tv version of the seriese that we are like to get

That would be great. I hated Dotrice at first, but I always read and it's my first audiobook ever, so perhaps it's just me adjusting to the whole thing. Despite some strange pronunciations, missed word emphases, and occassionally getting lost in the middle of a sentence, Dotrice is growing on me and does quite an admirable job given the scope of his task.

But he's definitely better with the men (naturally), most of his female voicings are not that great (Old Nan is distinctive, but almost too much, half the time I can't understand what "she" is saying). Having a talented female reader handle those would be wonderful (I think...there's a risk it could be a disaster), although it probably makes it a much more complicated production. There are generic narration passages, passages with a character thinking but not speaking, mixed passages with intermixed voices...

Lee is awesome when I'm having trouble going to sleep, other than that Roy Dotrice is where its at for ASoIaF audiobooks. Having heard the series on audio, Lee really makes me appreciate the amount of talent Dotrice commands in bringing these books to life with audio.

Archived