Your Top 10 aSoIaF Moments (Spoilers)

HyacinthGirl

yea he is prob in love, as she is. Which is cool and understandable for a guy like Jaime. But if Jaime goes all Romeo on us and throws off the Whitecloak then he would become eligable for CR, which sucks because we want Tyrion to get the rock.

We do?? ;)

Anyway Jaime's never claiming CR. All the (us?) Jaime/Brienne shippers want them to both be in the KG/QG/NW and secretly carry on a love affair for the rest of their lives. Or retire anonymously to the Sapphire Isle.

Course knowing GRRM it's far more likely one will kill the other. le sigh...

We do?? ;)

Anyway Jaime's never claiming CR. All the (us?) Jaime/Brienne shippers want them to both be in the KG/QG/NW and secretly carry on a love affair for the rest of their lives. Or retire anonymously to the Sapphire Isle.

Course knowing GRRM it's far more likely one will kill the other. le sigh...

Of course we do! Why not throw away the cloak? He is a shitty KG, plus whoever becomes king after Tommen wont want the Kingslayer has a KG. (hmm I think im gonna look for a fourm about this, then fail and start a new one :leer:

Hmm...let's see...

10. King in the North

9. Jon's escape from the Wildings

8. Skirling Pass scenes

7. Lysa Arryn and the Moon Door

6. Jon and the Wight in Mormont's tower

5. Red Wedding

4. Battle of the Blackwater

3. Theon as Reek.

2. "Tywin Lannister did not, in fact, shit gold."

1. Wight attack on the Fist of the First men. (I listen to the audiobooks while I fall asleep and I could NOT sleep after listening to that one...)

That was actually a lot tougher than I thought it would be.

Here's my top 10:

10. Drogon saves Daenerys from the House of the Undying This was one of the first scenes where Drogon played a significant role as a protector for Daenerys, not the other way around. It felt similar to the Stark children being protected by their direwolves.

9. Janos Slynt eats it I still held a grudge against Slynt for his role in Eddard's death. Plus this scene significantly played into the whole 'coming of age' storyline they've laid out for Jon Snow.

8. Hound vs Lord Beric I have a lot of pity for the Hound. Hopefully he's not really dead, and was the gravedigger on Quiet Isle.

7. Jon Snow and Ygritte in the cave Oh well, at least there's still Val.

6. Tyrion kills Shae and Tywin Tyrion was getting shat on way too much in ASOS, so it felt good when he ended the book with a bang, or 'thrummmmm'.

5. Victarion's last chapter in ADWD Victarion is just a badass, and that whole chapter with him taking over ships as he takes his Iron Fleet to Meereen was just awesome. Easily the funnest chapter in the book.

4. Sack of Astapor Dany finally gets her army, and we finally get to see some Drogon action. Awesome.

3. Davos on his knees reading the letter from the Night's Watch to Stannis I liked that they showed Davos struggling with reading, so he could better serve Stannis as his Hand. And then, on his knees, with Stannis' sword at his neck, he reads the letter that inevitably leads Stannis to help the characters fighting on the Wall.

2. "Only Cat" I had almost completely forgotten that his murderer was never truly revealed, and this scene was about as intense as they come. I'm not sure I even like Petyr Baelish, but he's easily one of the most interesting characters of the series.

1. Tower of Joy flashback The story concerning that flashback intrigues me most about this series. Was it Rheagar and Lyanna in the tower? Did Eddard claim Jon Snow as his bastard to protect their child?

In no particular order...

- Bran waking up from coma and dreams with the 3EC:

'When his brother Robb burst into the room, breathless from his dash up the tower steps, the direwolf was licking Bran’s face. Bran looked up calmly. “His name is Summer,” he said.'

- Samwell decides to kill the mouse in the archives (library) at Castle Black, then changes his mind and starts feeding him.

- 'The King in the North!'

- Eddard telling Bran a man can only be brave when he is afraid.

- Jon and Arya saying their good-byes at Winterfell, when he gives her Needle.

- Donal Noye telling Jon the other lads don't hate him 'because he is better than them', and explaining their circumstances in life.

- Ygritte and Tormund singing 'The Last of the Giants'.

- Davos telling Stannis about a king's rights and a king's duties, and Stannis listening to what he's saying.

- Wylla Manderly telling the Freys at White Harbour they are a bunch of c**ts.

- Donal Noye again (I love Noye, I wish he hadn't died) saying to Jon, 'The Wall is yours'.

There are so many more, but these were the first 10 to pop in my head at the mo.

my list is somewhere above, but I totally forgot about one of my favorites moments.

So, I add scene "Stop this madness in the name of your king"

Shame on me :D

(and try to choose only ten moments from ASOIAF is real sadistic ;) )

There will be a LOT of ASoS moments here, my fav book of the series.

10.) ACoK epilogue: Bran and Rickon still live!

9.) ASoS prologue: The tension and the build up, you just knew something big was about to go down, and then 3 horn blasts...

8.) ADwD: Jon's execution of Janos Slynt, total BAMF moment. Total 100% Stark, right there.

7.) ACoK: Blackwater, this includes everything from the battle to Tyrion's role to the Sandor/Sansa bedroom scene

6.) ASoS: Arya and Sandor fight at the inn and Arya finally gets to take some names off her hit list.

5.) ASoS: Dracarys, indeed. Dany's very own BAMF moment. This alone reminds me of why Dany is one of my favorite characters

4.) ADwD: "My name is Theon", such a pivotal moment for one of my favorite characters. This is the moment where Theon realizes that Ramsay, in fact, did NOT break him.

3.) ASoS: Attack on the wall and Jon vs Mance. How do you like the taste of the Dornishman's wife, now?

2.) AGoT: Ned's execution. Still a very emotional moment

1.) ASoS: Red Wedding. The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned loved....No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. :bawl:

10: Jorah Mormont sold as a slave

9: Tywin's death, "he didn't shit gold"

8:Varys killing Kevan, so unexpected, a so perfect ending to ADWD

7:the ides if March

6: The red wedding. We know at the beginning of the chapter that it won't go well, but I've never expected such a massacre. I'm still sad about Robb who was so promising

5:Jaime getting his hand chopped. To me, it's worst than the red wedding

4:Jon, killing the boy inside him, acting as an adult and as the lord commander off the wall, killing Janos Slynt

3.Jaime coming back to rescue Brienne in the bear pit :wub:

2:"The things I do for love", because first, Jaime pushed Bran and we understand the real relationship between the Lannister's twins

1: Littlefinger saving Sansa and killing Lysa, just after she revealed that he is behind everything. the real mastermind of Westeros

People want to blame Slynt for Edd's death but he was just following orders from Littlefinger. Janos was def a dick and I didn't shed any tears for him but, yeah, just saying. Littlefinger is the man calling the shots

LF, Cersei, Slynt, Payne and Joff. They killed Lord Eddard Stark. They all must die. Irrational? Perhaps, yet vengeance is never rational.

lol all my friends (who i force ASOIAF upon) are mad slow readers! (not really i just want them all to be done) So how i ask "how far are you in the books?" I say, "has Ned became a dragon yet?" lol no one takes me seriously except one kid, he was like "Dude! WTF!" lol so i told him its a Diredragon. I swear to god, if Ned becomes a dragon all my friends will hate me.

Just 10 choices is too hard damn it. Well here goes (including ADWD spoilers):

10: "I was warned bastard blood is craven" - Qhorin, you are one BAMF.

9: "Vengence. Justice. Fire and blood" - go Doran! Who would have thought you had it in you (no one in Westeros apparently).

8: "Only Cat" - I knew you were a piece of work Littlefinger, but holy crap that's cold.

7: "In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them... but he should pity them as well" - glorious writing.

6: "You vile, scheming, evil bitch" - thank you Margaery. So glad someone said it!

5: "Ned loves my hair" - brutal, horrible, powerful. And I didn't even care much for Cat originally.

4: "Toes and fingers and that other thing" - Ramsay you utter, utter bastard.

3: "Ah Arya. You have a wildness in you child. 'The wolf blood', my father used to call it" - Love Arya. Love Ned. Love this chapter.

2: "Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died" - Jorah's the man. And this short speech sets the tone for the series.

1: "Edd, fetch me a block" - several thousand pages into the series, at last a moment of pure satisfaction. (Plus Edd was involved!)

"Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died" - Jorah's the man. And this short speech sets the tone for the series.

Probably the best line of the books.

Archived