Your Top 10 aSoIaF Moments (Spoilers)

HyacinthGirl

I don't have a top ten, just a favourite:

The attack on Jon by the Brothers of the Night's Watch in A Dance With Dragons. It was totally unexpected!

I have to change my favourite moment! I totally forgot about the line "Take him to the wall, and hang him" (or something to that effect). I love that moment.

1.Sansa building a snow castle.

2.Septon Meribald's speech about broken men.

3.Ned's bones are returned to Catelyn.

4.Catelyn/ Jaime in the Riverrun cell.

5.Jaime/ Brienne in the tubs at Harenhall

6.Jaime/ the Blackfish

7..'Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.'

8. Hoster Tully's funeral

9..Red Wedding

10.Catelyn thinking about how all the men in her life keep her waiting

Honorable mentions: maester Luwin finds out that Bran and Rickon are alive, then dies, Cat praying for her children in ACOK, Cat visiting her father ('Cat', 'my little cat'' it's so moving)

1 The discovery of the Direwolf

2 jon giving needle to Arya

3 Davos telling stannis that Edric S is gone and giving him the Wall letter

4Jaimie explaining why he killed Aerys

5 the Reed swearing to Brand

6 Red wedding

7Joff wedding/death

8 Ghost coming back to Jon and then jon realised that he could never betray his Stark heritage regardless of what he wants ( love this scene)

9Janos Slynt / Jon interaction from Jon giving him command of Grey...watch to Jon beheading him ( That was pure pleasure)

10 Bran meeting finaly a Child of the Forest and Bloodraven.

10.The Battle of the Green Fork

9.The Kingsmoot

8.The Hand's Tourney (it's the first thing that made me get into the world of ASOIAF)

7.The birth of the dragons

6.The wight ambush and Bran's meeting with Bloodraven

5.The Battle of the Blackwater

4.Jon's defense of the Wall

3.Dany turning the table on the slavers of Astapor

2.Theon's escape from Winterfell

1.The Battle of the Fist of the First Men and Sam killing an Other

Honorable mentions: maester Luwin finds out that Bran and Rickon are alive, then dies

Ah yes, forgot about this one. I always thought Maester Luwin was brilliant. I'm glad he knew the princes were safe. A touching moment.

My honourable mentions go to the "fat pink mast" and "Myrish swamp" (touching moments for different reasons). But seriously, the world of ASOIAF wouldn't be the same without these sort of lines.

I agree with many so i will not repeat them, but here are a few of my other favs

1. Arya naming Jaqen as her 3rd person so he would assist her with weasel soup

2. Ser Barristan revealing who he was and killing the titans bastard with a stick

3. Davos thinking to himself how retarded everyone is while attacking KL on the blackwater (terrible attack plans, wearing full plate armor on the boats...)

4. Stannis

5. Jon seeing ygrittes hair while she and the wildlings were attacking castle black. Also John checking to see if he killed her

6. Cersei's lies finally collapsing around her (even though that is still ongoing)

7. Dario and Dany 4 evar!!1 (just kidding)

Your number 4 is plain awesome:)

10. When Coldhands reveals to Jon that R + L = J is true.

9. When Arya realizes the ugly girl face is actually the physical manifestation of her emotions.

8. When Bran goes back in time to Ned's execution and slightly changes the angle of Ilyn's sword to make the death more instantaneous.

7. When the Wall comes down.

6. When Shaggydog is forced to eat Rickon to prove his allegiance to the cannibals. "You must not bark, whatever is asked of you."

5. When Sansa has her first night terror and stabs Robert Arryn to death.

4. When Roose Bolton chokes to death on his undercooked quinoa pasta salad.

3. When Melisandre's fires get HBO and she and Stannis spend the entire Battle of Winterfell watching The Wire.

2. When Ser Robert Strong is unmasked and it turns out he has Ned Stark's preserved head.

1. When Randyll Tarly finds out Gilly's son is not Sam's and becomes a cave hermit.

10. Victarion storming the Shield Islands + duel with Ser Talbart Serry

9. Sandor Clegane + Arya fight and kill Polliver and the Tickler

8. Jon vs Qhorin Halfhand

7. Jon executing Janos Slynt and Stannis nodding

6. Jaime fighting Brienne in shackles

5. Danerys outsmarting the Good Masters, claiming the Unsullied and conquering Astapori

4. Ramsay Bolton returning to Winterfell with Northmen, killing Ser Roddrick, screwing Theon and sacking Wintefell.

3. Oberyn Martell fighting the Mountain

2. The King of the North!! Scene

1. The execution scene- the entire stark family witnesses the beheading of Will the deserter.

Just off the top of my head, there are tons more

10. Bronn vs Ser Vardis

9. Tyrion's speech to get the knights to follow him in the sortie during the Battle of Blackwater. I had forgotten how epic this was until I reached it in my re-read. "You won't hear me shout out Joffery's name," he told them. "You won't hear me yell for Casterly Rock either. This is your city Stannis means to sack, and that's your gate he's bringing down. So come with me and kill the son of a bitch!"

8. "Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold."

7. Jaime and Cat in Riverrun's dungeons. "There are no men like me. There's only me."

6. Dany unleashing Drogon.

5. Arya killing the Tickler.

4. Jaime saving Brienne from Hoat's bear.

Brienne: What are you doing?

Jaime: Something stupid.

And of course, "I dreamed of you."

3. The whole scene of Brienne and Jaime in the bath house.

2. "Only Cat." I still don't think my jaw has fully recovered from dropping so hard at the implications of that scene.

1. Oberyn Martell vs The Mountain. The build-up to it was amazing and the actual fight was even better than I could have hoped for.

10. Jaime's Siege- I actually thought this scene was kinda sad. Jaime wants to present himself as a respectable, honorable knight. The Blackfish just craps all over this. He'll never trust Jaime. Why should he?

9. Mutiny at Craster’s Keep- I loved the rising tension. Then the exploding chaos.

8. “Only Cat”- May have been the biggest surprise in the series. Lysa spilling the beans and then LF ballsy murder. Made LF go from crony to evil mastermind.

7. “The North Remembers”- I just have to put this up for how awesome it is. Again a huge surprise. You can just see that shit is going to go down after this scene.

6. Bar Room Brawl- GRRM just did such a great job with this scene. Weaving together the fighting with a great payoff.

5. “Things I Do For Love”- First real taste of ASoIaF

4. Catelyn and Jaime- Great dialogue.

3. Jon Kills Slynt- Just for how badass the moment is. Nice touch with Stannis at the end.

2. The Golden Crown- Great send-off to a hated character.

1. The Kingsmoot-This is just everyone I love about the series in one chapter. Interesting characters vying for power. This chapter laid out Asha, Victorion, Aeron, and Euron perfectly. It has some of the best writing in the series (as seen below).

Honorable mentions:

Varys!- I spent the whole epilogue wondering what the point was... until Vary cementing Aegon as a big deal (but still not real deal).

Mountain vs. The Viper- Enough has been said about this.

Theon's escape from Winterfell- Suspenseful.

10. finding the 6th direwolf pup.

9. Arya kicking Joffs arse.

8. Bran & gang meeting cold hands

7. Dany burning the Maegi

.5 Resulting in baby dragons!

6. Arya's great Hot Soup bust out (& Arya cussing)

5. Maester Amon's talk with Jon about making choices

4. Tyrion bitch slapping Joff

.5 Tyrion offering Sansa his wildings as guards (gawf)

3. The Hound's epic evade of the Mountain's head slash

2. Tyrion offing Shae & Tywin

1. All of BWB (esp Tyrion riding off into battle)

......Joff expiring was lovely and I too did have a good cackle at Jamie & Brienne in the tub.

• 1 year later...

10. The Red Wedding (Didn't like it, but it was a top moment.)

9. Prince Oberyn vs. Ser Gregor 'The Mountain That Rides' Clegane

8. Joff's Wedding

7. Ned's dreams

6. Prince Aegon's Back baby! (The Sorrows)

5. Fall of Astapor (Drogon!)

4. Those are not sheep bones... (Drogon II)

3. ...In the end Tywin Lannister did not shit gold after all.

2. THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!

1. Janos Slynt's execution

I also love a lot a Jaime's parts

This is my personal opinion so plz don't hate!

10.Wayman Manderley in Winterfell

9."Stannis! Stannis!" warcries beyond the wall

8."you will not walk again Brandon Stark,but you will fly"7.

7.The King in the North chants

6.Cersei running away from sept...thinking of the next plot

5.the whole red wedding finishing with Arya axe on the head...though i hate the plot, it makes the series more interesting

4.Dany conquering the slavers bay

3.Kingsmoot....Euron

2.Oberyn bringing down the mountain...too bad he died

1.Three horn blasts

10. Tower of Joy flashback. Ned and his boys fighting 3 of the best fighters out there. Magical moment

9. "Only Cat". In that moment i understood Petr and his motive for revenge.

8. Theon crying to himself when he mentions he should of died at the RW with Robb. One of the few times i teared up reading these books

7. Jon beheading Janos and the nod of approval from Stannis. BADASS

6. The King in the North scene

5. Stannis remembering Renly and how they could of worked together. once again tear jerker

4 .Arya killing the Tickler. Bone chilling and creepy but so awesome.

3. Blackfish messing with Jamie and telling him to bring it on. As badass as it gets. BF is a true old school gangster :cool4:

2. The hill tribesmen in Stannis' camp who just wants to die with bolton blood on his blade. How the fuck could anyone not like that guy?

1. Stannis and his i dont give a fuck speech in the theon gift chapter. See my sig for details. Once again too badass for words

In random order:

-The Red Wedding. No further explanation needed.

-Ned's Death. Same. Sets the tone for the entire series.

-Sansa building the snow Winterfell at the Eyrie. I don't know why, but I found it beautiful. Actually I loved that entire chapter, it's the one with "Only Cat"

-"For the Watch." Jon's betrayal, the Ides of Marsh.

-The Battle of the Wall and surrounding events. Pure awesomeness.

-Tyrion and Sansa's marriage. Just the whole thing.

-Tywin's death. He didn't shit gold.

Honorable mentions:

Joffrey's wedding, Oberyn vs. Gregor, Tyrion's time as hand, Broken men speech, 'Take him to the wall... and hang him' (Slynt's death), Do you know what honor is Jaime Lannister, Cersei selfdestructing in AFFC, Theon's escape in ADWD.

Archived