Sandor Clegane V.15

Candor

Oh my mistake!!! Sorry.

EDIT: I know there will be differences but I am hoping that the HBO show (as the producers know stuff about the ending) will clear up some of the ambiguous areas in the text. How it plays out in your own head sounds very different to seeing it on screen.

Ok, so cross referencing from the "Who or What will wash up on the Quiet Isle" thread, according to The Mother of the Others:

Ms. Stormborn will need someplace to land when she arrives, and this place is calling out with dragon relevance as if in anticipation of her footfalls.

We know that so far Rhaegar's rubies have washed up there, along with a dragon head, and someone plays the harp as well. Rapsie and I have theorised (which may not be original due to our relative unfamiliarity with the R+L=J theories) that Rhaegar and Lyanna may have spent some time there before eventually going on to the Tower of Joy. Who knows... maybe that's where Lyanna got pregnant?

Anyhoo, specific to what TMOTO said, how do you guys think Sandor would relate to Ms. Stormborn, dragon Queen? I'm excited about this theory since it could see Barristan and Sandor teaming up. Perhaps it's no surprise that Sandor is being linked with the Targaryen storyline, given the fight with Beric, and his own experiences with fire and blood.

Especially when Littlefinger tells Sandor's life story. :bang:

I am vainly hoping that the reason for that change was to set up the three characters in the same plotline from the begining, or the love triangle if you will.

Ok, so cross referencing from the "Who or What will wash up on the Quiet Isle" thread, according to The Mother of the Others:

We know that so far Rhaegar's rubies have washed up there, along with a dragon head, and someone plays the harp as well. Rapsie and I have theorised (which may not be original due to our relative unfamiliarity with the R+L=J theories) that Rhaegar and Lyanna may have spent some time there before eventually going on to the Tower of Joy. Who knows... maybe that's where Lyanna got pregnant?

Anyhoo, specific to what TMOTO said, how do you guys think Sandor would relate to Ms. Stormborn, dragon Queen? I'm excited about this theory since it could see Barristan and Sandor teaming up. Perhaps it's no surprise that Sandor is being linked with the Targaryen storyline, given the fight with Beric, and his own experiences with fire and blood.

It would be interesting to see what Barristan thinks about Sandor. Also given she is the Blood of the Dragon, yadda yadda yadda, how do you think she will react to the 6ft8, muscled like a bull, half face burnt (fire she might like that) Sandor? Cat fight between Dany and Sansa?

Seriously though, it would be interesting because the name Clegane will not sit well with any Targ, unless he tells Dany about his face and his brother.

I am vainly hoping that the reason for that change was to set up the three characters in the same plotline from the begining, or the love triangle if you will.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

But I see what you mean.

It would be interesting to see what Barristan thinks about Sandor. Also given she is the Blood of the Dragon, yadda yadda yadda, how do you think she will react to the 6ft8, muscled like a bull, half face burnt (fire she might like that) Sandor? Cat fight between Dany and Sansa?

Seriously though, it would be interesting because the name Clegane will not sit well with any Targ, unless he tells Dany about his face and his brother.

Err... how do we know what Dany knows about Cleganes? She hasn't clearly gotten all the information out of Ser Barristan he could telll her, unless Jorah told her and I'm not remembering.

She might be attracted to his physique but I'd bet money the face would be too much for her to get past. Sansa is pretty unique in this regard, not that you can blame others for being put off.

I am vainly hoping that the reason for that change was to set up the three characters in the same plotline from the begining.

I don't think that's a vain hope at all. I've always thought that's exactly what they were doing* by having Littlefinger, of all people, tell her the story of the Hound: Simultaneously introducing the idea that these two characters would play a big part in Sansa's future storyline. I hate that we lost that amazing scene from the books, and it annoys me whenever I watch it. But at the same time, I understand why they did it that way. Even if I hated it.

(*by which I mean, setting up characters whose storylines would impact each other, not the love triangle)

It would be interesting to see what Barristan thinks about Sandor.

Given that Barristan was kicked off the Kingsguard so the Hound could have his place, I'm thinking his thoughts about Sandor are not exactly warm and fuzzy.

It would be an interesting situation. Not sure Selmy and Sandor would mesh well, but definitely would be two good characters on one side. There could be complications later though, for The Sandor if Ms. Stormborn did not like Starks, as she seems to be in that mindset currently.

Could it be that if they did team up, Sandor could be the one to recommend the Stark kids to Dany? We toy around a lot with Arya or Sansa clearing Sandor from charges, but why not the other way around? :)

I was thinking some more today about all the posts and the whole anger in comapariosn to LF vs. Sandor's.

I am still convinced I can deal with his vile threats more than LF's machinations.

When Sandor believes he is rejected by Sansa. He leaves. He regrets it but he respects her wishes and leaves. Did he exactly come quietly? Er, no. He did get a bit dramatic and stuff, leaving her a bloody cape and what not but still.

Do I think LF did that many years ago with the whole Cat thing?

Absolutely not.

He is nuts and deranged and hides it so well it is disturbing.

With the whole Cat-Brandon-LF love triangle, he can't accept glaring "no's for an answer and cares more for himself and oversteps himself in an alarmingly pushy way.

That is just balls. Balls. And utter goddamn nerve what he did. Cat cared for him and i think he knew that and also knew it was sisterly.

So he disregards this and the little manipulative shit tries to duel Brandon.

He ignores being a ward of the Tullys.

He probably ignores Cat's wishes.

Disrespects her intended Brandon Stark.

And for what? On the off chance he won, was Cat really going to marry him? Hoster would allow it?

What an ass!

And a psycho.

And yet he never gets over it.

He hurts Cat, Ned, her children, Lysa, her son, and probably more.

The dude is dangerous. He has delusions of grandeur in the love sense that is unhealthy, an abnormal fixation, and a sick sense of entitlement and audacity to the extreme.

Oh, and I thought about San/San today too. LOL!

I agree clover. There is something soo dangerous and unsettling about how LF keeps his emotions so contained and neutral. Sandor's explosions may sometimes be offensive, but with LF you never know what you're gonna get.

Poor Sansa :( I was just skimming through AFFC when she has the final meeting with him, and right after the knights leave he holds her face in his hands and kisses her for a long time, then tells her that's the way he wants to be welcomed home. Gawddd, this man is all kinds of sick :stillsick:

Especially when Littlefinger tells Sandor's life story. :bang:

But let's face it, while they upped Dany's age to modern legal, they didn't do that with Sansa. They are probably trying to avoid, for the most part, anything that can be taken as romantic involving underage girls and adult men.

So, even if SanSan happens in the book it may not in the book or happen very differently (ie no romantic subtext until at least the actress is legal, if not the character).

*Note this does not stop LF because he's villain.

I agree clover. There is something soo dangerous and unsettling about how LF keeps his emotions so contained and neutral. Sandor's explosions may sometimes be offensive, but with LF you never know what you're gonna get.

Poor Sansa :( I was just skimming through AFFC when she has the final meeting with him, and right after the knights leave he holds her face in his hands and kisses her for a long time, then tells her that's the way he wants to be welcomed home. Gawddd, this man is all kinds of sick :stillsick:

:ack:

Nasty stuff.

Do you want your slippers laid out for you too, Petyr?

And Sandor.

I think he lost it when he heard about Sansa and Tyrion. Devestated beyond devestation. He saw and knew her expressions and how she reacted when he was rough and gruff with her himself. This must doubly pain him.

That his sweet lttle delicate bird, delicate in physical constitution and heart/feelings, his bird has to deal with the lecherous and slimy Tyrion ( in his opinion)

Also, I wondered something else and wasn't sure if anyone had thought of this.

Would you feel differently, or would the character read differently if when he teared/cried during the bedroom scene, he hadn't been very drunk but totally sober?

I am still weighing in on this one myself.

And in general, how much does that alcohol affect him around her?

Imagine he sobered up the next day after leaving and regretted it?

And he doesn't lay off the sauce either apparently.

What a kick to the ass that would be for him!

But let's face it, while they upped Dany's age to modern legal, they didn't do that with Sansa. They are probably trying to avoid, for the most part, anything that can be taken as romantic involving underage girls and adult men.

So, even if SanSan happens in the book it may not in the book or happen very differently (ie no romantic subtext until at least the actress is legal, if not the character).

*Note this does not stop LF because he's villain.

This is a concern I have, as well.

Though, the lack of concrete "romance" (physicality) may make it possible even with ages as they are.

This is a concern I have, as well.

Though, the lack of concrete "romance" (physicality) may make it possible even with ages as they are.

If something physical happens between the two I don't expect to see it before ADOS, by which time the actress should be past the legal age for such scenes.

Oh, he's directing that episode too? I thought he just wrote the screenplay.

The guy who directed "The Descent" is directing the Blackwater episode. Neil Marshall.

Descent was an awesome horror movie. Oh, it looks like he directed Centurion as well -- that was a thoroughly solid, earnest and entertaining sword and sandal-er. N/m, actually Centurion sucked. I'm getting it mixed up with The Eagle, which was cheesy but passable. The only good thing about Centurion was Dominic West's smoking hotness.

So, in terms of the action for the battle, I'm confident it'll be awesome within the confines of its budget. But, I wonder how he'll do with some of the non-action parts, or the parts that are not supposed to be terrifying? I.e., Sansa praying in the sept.

I suspect the bedroom scene will be significantly altered from the books.

That didn't stop American Beauty (though different laws, I suspect). I do think there can be heavy implications of his affection for and protection of her and it will do the trick; no romance or sexual implications needed. People will make that connection on their own. They had extremely brief interactions last season and despite a 26 year age difference (*heave*) a lot of people picked up on a connection even without reading the books.

It's an interesting issue how the books are being adapted. Based on their interactions in the books, I thought it was an extremely interesting relationship for both of them but I wasn't convinced that they would ever hook up, and I had/have serious reservations about them doing so. The way that they've adapted his character in the show has me absolutely and completely convinced that they will hook up at some point. He's actually *gulp* sort of a decent guy, and not primarily an asshole. For a lot of people this adaptation has gutted his character. But in order to sell an affectionate connection between the two of them to a television audience, they really can't have a gigantic older man being completely mean to a kid. So I expect some snark and sarcasm next season, but the physical roughness and overall nastiness will probably not be there. I'm okay with that.

Just as long as he keeps swearing like a sailor.

Sophie Turner ships Sansan, doesn't she? I find that adorbs.

Archived