The Ultimate Author Bashing/Defense Thread

Lord Qwerty

I notice that a lot of bashing goes on in a lot of threads. I don't mind, but sometimes it takes over the original purpose of the thread.

So I decided a special thread for bashers and fans to get together to argue/discuss with eachother over the flaws of particular authors.

If it works out properly, this thread will outlive us all... :bow:

goodkind is teh sux0r

I hereby defend Goodkind. His writing is so incredibly bad that it has made me laugh more than any work of proper comedy for quite a while.

I hate Diana Gabaldon with a passion. Can you have a heroine that not everybody wants to rape every other chapter, please? And less bad, inconsequent attempts at scots too? I don't get the hype.

Robert Jordan - Learn to summarize.

Terry Goodkind - New career.

Author of Eragon - Should be forced to fight with the above two in a death match.

That's what we need! A bad author death match free for all, where the winner gets to continue writing as long as he/she isn't Robert Jordan or Goodkind.

I second Hemmingway. I read a story by him once for a lit class.

A guy gets off a train, and walks to a river. He sets up camp, puts bait on a fishing hook, and fishes for a while. Then he cooks a can of beans over a fire, eats them, and goes to sleep.

That's it. That's the whole fucking story.

*does best french accent* It's a masterpeace!

I read an Eddings book once. From what I recall, the book can be summed up thus: "Reformed thief achieves nirvana after having sex with his cat".

It was called 'The Redemption of Althalus". I don't think 'Althalus' was the cat.

Well, Soph, all the other ones can be summed up as: "A group of heroes gad all over a badly-drawn, implausible map in pursuit of a mystically glowing blue stone."

*bashes Eddings with Brienne's blue mace to match her eyes*

Archived