Anvik

Well she has added to her death count since then,and is being trained by the most feared,respected and accomplished assassins in the world.

On top of which she has a direwolf to which she is wargically connected,who leads an army of wolves "hundreds" strong.

I wonder about the name Nymeria too.We don't know too much about about the Warrior Queen,but presumably the direwolf is named after her.It looks like she brought her 10,000 ships to invade via Dorne but fell for a Martell and brokered peace.

And Nymeria Sand is on her way to King's Landing to sit on the small council.But Arya doesn't know her........

I do like Arya,and hope she makes it through the series.But she is a bit too death connected for comfort.

Nymeria may also have some part to do with the wolf child and blood child. Arya tastes blood in her wolf dreams. Nymeria and her wolves feed on people.

Nymeria does favor her namesake in the sense that they both lead and command an army. I do wonder how far this paralell will go. Nymeria never returned to Rhoyne. This Nymeria has no Mors Martell though. She kills any wolf who tries to mate with her.

I agree with everything, I believe it is a pretty straight prophecy. The only one that confuses me is the giant in the castle built of snow. I think the maiden is Sansa, and people are right about Rob's doll in her snow castle. I am of the belief that this is the representation of Sansa replacing the Arryn's in the Vale. Lysa is dead, and Sweet Robyn will soon be gone as well if Littlefinger's plan succeeds.

I agree with everything, I believe it is a pretty straight prophecy. The only one that confuses me is the giant in the castle built of snow. I think the maiden is Sansa, and people are right about Rob's doll in her snow castle. I am of the belief that this is the representation of Sansa replacing the Arryn's in the Vale. Lysa is dead, and Sweet Robyn will soon be gone as well if Littlefinger's plan succeeds.

I personally really like the idea of it meaning that Sansa will be bringing down LF as his traditional house Sigil is the Titan of Bravos. Also in the chapter where Sansa has built the snow castle, doesn't it say somthing about LF stepping over the walls like a giant or somthing?

I think that the girl with the snakes in her hair is Sansa and think everyone agrees with that.

The witch says she sees the same girl throwing down a giant in a castle of snow, since its the same girl it has to be Sansa, the giant is either House Arryn or Littlefinger, Sansa herself refers to the Eyrie as a snow castle in AFFC The one about the clangor, music and little bells refers to the Red Wedding.

I will disagree about the one with the wolf crying alone in the rain and nobody hearing him. I believe this is a reference to Rickon, In ADwD Jon sees Rickons wolf killing an animal in a rainstorm, Skagoos is a damp, wet place. Perhaps Osha died getting him there.

It does seem like Aryas thirst for vengance is destroying her, the wolf child and blood child statement can be interpeted several different ways and its meaning isn't wholly clear

I will disagree about the one with the wolf crying alone in the rain and nobody hearing him. I believe this is a reference to Rickon, In ADwD Jon sees Rickons wolf killing an animal in a rainstorm, Skagoos is a damp, wet place. Perhaps Osha died getting him there.

Disagree, that's a pretty ironclad reference to Grey Wind howling at the Red Wedding. It was raining then too, I believe, and obviously he'd be howling in grief. I don't think there's enough there to tie it to Shaggydog.

Disagree, that's a pretty ironclad reference to Grey Wind howling at the Red Wedding. It was raining then too, I believe, and obviously he'd be howling in grief. I don't think there's enough there to tie it to Shaggydog.

I can't recall but the Westerling kinght was with Grey Wind when the Freys came to kill him, there were thousands of people at the wedding someone must of heard him, didn't Catelyn. Can't remember if was raining but the Freys did use fire on the tents the castle catupults threw barrels of pitch, some of the Freys were carrying torches when they came out of the gate according to Arya so it couldn't have raining that hard. I've brought this up before in a couple of other posts, sombody thought it was Jons wolf but Ghost is mute, Bran always has Hodor, and the Reeds around. The Witch say him, has to be a male, that leaves Robb or Rickon, IMO it doesn't mesh with Robb.

I can't imagine Shaggydog crying. No matter what might have happened to Rickon. Grey Wind, yes...Shaggydog, no.
I've thrown this out there on a couple of other forums, I accept that most people disagree with me, hope to be vindicated when the next book come out.

• 4 months later...

I only have the german version of the book here, so I can't quote right now, but it says that it was heavily raining at the Red Wedding and the moats looked like lakes because of all the water. And it's kind of logical that, if nobody hears the wolf cry, so doesn't Catelyn..

Sansa doesn't refer to LF as a giant, but LF says something about giant's heads which have been upon Winterfell's walls a long time ago. I think if LF was meant, the "ghost" would've spoken about a titan, not a giant?

When Jon was with the wildlings, there were more giants than just Wun Wun, so it's possible that they're dead and have been turned into White Walkers and Sansa has some kind of role in defending the North against the Others in the end?

I only have the german version of the book here, so I can't quote right now, but it says that it was heavily raining at the Red Wedding and the moats looked like lakes because of all the water. And it's kind of logical that, if nobody hears the wolf cry, so doesn't Catelyn.. Sansa doesn't refer to LF as a giant, but LF says something about giant's heads which have been upon Winterfell's walls a long time ago. I think if LF was meant, the "ghost" would've spoken about a titan, not a giant? When Jon was with the wildlings, there were more giants than just Wun Wun, so it's possible that they're dead and have been turned into White Walkers and Sansa has some kind of role in defending the North against the Others in the end?

I think that the "maid at a feast" refers to Arya because its says "purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs" and Arya turns into a quite.... deadly character and then, right afterwards, the ghost says "You cannot hide from me child". When it comes to the giant... maybe its about Ramsay Bolton if the snow castle is indeed Winterfell.

@Serie

I believe the maid is Sansa and the purple serpents are the poisonous black amethysts of her hairnet, one of which Joffrey was poisoned with at his wedding feast. The giant could be Robert Arryn´s doll when he destroys the snow Winterfell Sansa built, and Sansa then rips apart in anger, but I think there will be another more metaphorical meaning. I don´t think Littlefinger´s father´s sigil, the Titan of Braavos, is meant. Littlefinger could be called a giant player, but Tyrion is actually called a giant, by Maester Aemon and Shae.

@Serie I believe the maid is Sansa and the purple serpents are the poisonous black amethysts of her hairnet, one of which Joffrey was poisoned with at his wedding feast. The giant could be Robert Arryn´s doll when he destroys the snow Winterfell Sansa built, and Sansa then rips apart in anger, but I think there will be another more metaphorical meaning. I don´t think Littlefinger´s father´s sigil, the Titan of Braavos, is meant. Littlefinger could be called a giant player, but Tyrion is actually called a giant, by Maester Aemon and Shae.

yes, I've considered this option as well but as I've said before its the "You cannot hide from me child" that bothers me. And also don't you think that the snow castle being just a snow castle is a bit too....plain?

Serie, I think the "You cannot hide from me child" is disconnected from the visions. The "Ghost", only notices Arya´s presence at that moment and I´m wondering too whether her dark hints concerning Arya refer to the grief Arya experienced or the grief Arya causes.

All the visions have happened already, am I right? So the giant could be Tyrion, whom Sansa deminished with her actions and she now is in a castle of snow. Maybe?

Serie, I think the "You cannot hide from me child" is disconnected from the visions. The "Ghost", only notices Arya´s presence at that moment and I´m wondering too whether her dark hints concerning Arya refer to the grief Arya experienced or the grief Arya causes. All the visions have happened already, am I right? So the giant could be Tyrion, whom Sansa deminished with her actions and she now is in a castle of snow. Maybe?

well the idea of the giant of Lannister crossed my mind too....

I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow

The scene with Robert Arryns doll does seem like a red herring, but i cant really see what it could be else, because:

A. Sansa doesn't look like the kind of persons who could slay real giants, unless she develops into som sort of a warrior or begins training as a faceless man (unlikely)

B. We know that this maid is Sansa, because the maid is bescribed as having poisenous purple serpents in the hair, and sansa have poisenuos purple jewels in her hair. (unless, of course, this is a red herring too. Tell me if you notice any women with snakes in the hair).

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief,"

Ghost mourning the loss of Robb at the Red Wedding.

I am pretty sure this is Grey Wind, as it was raining at the RW. Cat also heard him howling, before she was killed. That it the weak point in the theory, because GoHH mentions that no-one heard him. It could of course mean that there was a Faceless Man present :dunno:

• 4 months later...

"You cannot hide from me, child. Come closer, now." "I see you," "I see you, wolf child. Blood child. I thought it was the lord who smelled of death..." "You are cruel to come to my hill, cruel. I gorged on grief at Summerhall, I need none of yours. Begone from here, dark heart. Begone!"

This is the passage that confuses me, admittedly, it's not strictly part of the prophecies, but still the lady knows stuff. Is this merely a precursor to Arya going to the Temple of Black and White...

In a re-read of aSoS, I notice that it was Arya played the key role in creating unCat. While traveling with Sandor she warged into Nymeria in her wolf dream. She smells her mother. Swims for her. Pulls her body to the shore. Guards her from her pack. And sets her to be discovered by BWB. Perhaps it was Cat's stink of death that the prompted the reaction for the Ghost of High Heart. UnCat has released a lot of grief on the world and Arya will have to do a lot of killing to catch up with the storm of grief and death she released when she pulled her Mother's corpse to shore.

Just a thought...

In a re-read of aSoS, I notice that it was Arya played the key role in creating unCat. While traveling with Sandor she warged into Nymeria in her wolf dream. She smells her mother. Swims for her. Pulls her body to the shore. Guards her from her pack. And sets her to be discovered by BWB. Perhaps it was Cat's stink of death that the prompted the reaction for the Ghost of High Heart. UnCat has released a lot of grief on the world and Arya will have to do a lot of killing to catch up with the storm of grief and death she released when she pulled her Mother's corpse to shore.

Just a thought...

Its worth a thought. But she hadn't pulled her mother out yet. She was still with beric when she met the singer at high heart. She was captured by sandor later. So are you saying that she was smelling what arya was gunna do? Cause I just thought she was noticing what arya has done and will do. How she is becoming a servant to death. its known the singer has greendreams. And very accurate ones. So its possible she knew that arya would pull her mother out cause she does say where she'll find her mother at the twins and speaks about the red wedding and the lonely wolf howling in the rain.

• 5 months later...

Archived