NFL Championship Games

Stego

In news that should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, the Colts have fired the cardboard cutout that has been coaching their team for the last couple years.

We had high winds in Indiana today; I'm sure he blew away and Irsay is just trying to take credit.

49ers.

I only typed that just to make sure it happened at least once in this fucking thread.

Carry on with your boring as fuck conversation about Baltimore, New York and the goddamned 'Pats.'*

The corpses of Green Bay and New Orleans are watching.

*"Patriots" for any readers that aren't complete douchebags.

For Bones.....

Even though the hated and feared 49ers made it to the championship game, I found myself today being a little emotionally touched by the tears of Vernon Davis that I saw on rebroadcast today. The story of a once great franchise trudinging back to the top is a good one, and the tears of Davis brought that back to perspective for me.

I don't know if I can in good faith actively root for this team, but damn it, it is truly hard to root against them. Something is just incredibly right in the football universe when the NY Giants play the 49rs in Candlestick Park for a chance to go to the Superbowl. The only thing more right about it would be if my Cowboys were playing. The 49er reimmergence gives me hope that a Cowboys one could be possible as well.

Jerry Jones still making the personnel decisions? Mmmm yeah.

HEY !!!! Stop bringing reality into my fantasies !!!

On another note, the other bit of nostalgia that I really want to cherish this week is the tears of Patriot's fans aftter losing to another inferior team in the playoffs.

Denver was a playoff caliber defense. They were the only reason the team was actually in games late enough for Tebow to remember how to complete a pass. And they were massacred.

No, Denver was the 20th ranked defense in the league. Brady beat a shit defense that got zero pressure on him. Nor was Denver's defense peaking in the playoffs or their ranking deceiving (like the Giants). The Pats will have to beat two solid defenses to win the superbowl. I doubt that team has it in them.

No, Denver was the 20th ranked defense in the league. Brady beat a shit defense that got zero pressure on him. Nor was Denver's defense peaking in the playoffs or their ranking deceiving (like the Giants). The Pats will have to beat two solid defenses to win the superbowl. I doubt that team has it in them.

I tend to agree. Denver's defense was solid this year, bur I don't think they compare to Baltimore.

hey now, I said that I think the 49ers are going to win. Want more analysis? Sigh...fine. Okay, I think that the NYG all season have failed utterly when faced with a quality rush, and the 49ers put pressure on teams as well as anyone. I think that Alex Smith will get pressured too, but he'll do enough to win. That it's on the road in potentially crap conditions favors the 49ers as well.

hey now, I said that I think the 49ers are going to win.

I just discount double-checked this whole thread. And no you didn't. In this lame-ass thread.

Want more analysis?

Nope. Don't need it.

Just utterly disgusted with this thread.

49ers.

I only typed that just to make sure it happened at least once in this fucking thread.

Carry on with your boring as fuck conversation about Baltimore, New York and the goddamned 'Pats.'*

Dude, seriously?

What is it about teams having a bit of success that makes their ordinarily chill fans more needy? It's a serious question. I root for a team that never has success so I can't conceptualize how the other half lives.

LoB, your team is doing awesome. WTF does it matter the amount people on a fantasy message board are or are not saying about them?

It seems Mike Zimmer is no longer a HC candidate for Miami. The reason: he's too blunt and honest. I feel bad for Miami if one of the biggest issues your HC candidate has is he'll tell you, the players and the coaching staff the truth. Poor Zim. He deserves a shot. I hope TB gives it to him.

49ers.

And so is the corpse of Jim Caldwell.

Wow. It took a Cowboys fan to break the North-East-Coast-circle-jerk.

I don't even know what to say.

I wasn't in the circle-jerk... I was weeping in the corner...

You mean there are parts of the country that matter outside of the Northeast? :dunno:

Learn something new every day.

My Colts used to matter...

Ignore us until we back the team bus up to Lucas Oil Stadium.

Get off my lawn!

Archived