Which Character Did You Most Hate To See Go?

Ice&Fire reader

Ned -- the asoif learning curve, hit me like a ton of bricks.

Maester Aemon -- a three-hanky moment.

Lady -- the more I know about men, the more I like . . . wolves.

All the small folk and collateral damage -- Maester Lewin, Septa Mordane, children, Theon's horse set on fire for no fucking reason. Man, no wonder my meds had to be adjusted.

For me it was Rob.

He was such a good character and was only trying to do his best in the way his father taught him. He was also pretty badass as King of the North and winning all those battles against the Lannisters. Just as others have said, I think that him living could have been an interesting and exciting turn of events, but his death I guesss was really powerful in revealing information about other characters, like Tywin and Walder Frey. I didn't think it would be possible for me to despise a character more than Joff until the Red Wedding.

I have to agree with whoever said they were sad to see Joff go too, but only because I wanted a Stark (preferably Rob or Arya) to get sweet revenge, not sneaky, doublecrossing Littlefinger:/

Am I the only one who feels the only real revenge for anyone's deaths that has been carried out in the series so far was through Frey pie???? That put a giant smile on my face lol.

Also, I wanted to note that the death who left me with the most lasting and powerful imagery was Catelyn's. I have never been that interested in Catelyn, but I am counting the seconds to the Red Wedding on HBO simply to see that scene. It's like all of the sorrow she had been holding in was just released all at once and she went crazy. If anyone deserves to exact some revenge in the books to come, I am rooting for her.

(*I am not including Jon here because he is not dead in my mind)

Oberyn.....such a great character. Witty, deadly, cocky and revenge on the brain. It seemed as if he had a distaste for all of Westeros. I really liked him and the way he died was so painful for the reader too lose him in his moment of triumph.

Oberyn single handedly made me give a damn about the Martells. Now they are my 3rd favorite family. I am betting that every single Sand Snake will kill someone important by the end of the series.

Sandor seriously needs to comeback or I will be frustrated.

Tywin: I really wanted him to see everything he had built up fall apart around him and to really find out about Jaime and Cersei.

The Might Tywin who shit gold, burned down cities and throttles babies in there sleep was killed by his own misshapen dwarf son......thats a fitting end to me. Hell Tywin lived long enough for his other son Jaime to turn his back on his inheritance.

• 10 months later...

Archived