The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

Dany and Jon together ruling the seven kingdoms. Like Sansa with Sandor. He loves her and her love can gentle him. Rick on lord of winterfell. hope Tyrion meets up with Tysha again. Jorah to redeem himself and get his home back. I hope Jamie makes it alive. would love to see Stonehearts face when she knows Jon's destiny. Hope he and Dany have kids as Cat said in the GoT that if Jon on the wall won't have kids that threaten hers. hate the way she treated him.

S

Where ?

well right now in the temple of the many faced god, but if she goes to Westeros she can live in that inn, you know the only inn in Westeros.

Nevermind right and wrong, or good & evil, but I think a warged/resurrected Jon and Bran will end up on opposite sides of the agruement. And Jon will have to kill Bran.

i think so also, but then Jon will switch sides

well right now in the temple of the many faced god, but if she goes to Westeros she can live in that inn, you know the only inn in Westeros.

i think so also, but then Jon will switch sides

If Jon Wargs in to Ghost and then is resurrected by Mel I'm pretty sure that more of his latent power/abilities will develop and he'll become aware of Bran's presence (for want of a better expression) now he is North of the Wall and "plugged in". All off this in combination with his murder by his brothers is surely going to have an effect on Jon.

I just can't get the original title of "A Time for Wolves" out of my head. I can't help but think that means the wolves will flourish, which would indicate that they will live. Unless GRRM has changed his mind, I get the feeling that the Starks will win.

Also, I think the longer they've been in the series, the greater a chance they'll have to live through book 6. I'm not saying the final book won't be a bloodbath, but let's be real, after years and years and years of devotion to the franchise, the last book would just feel empty and flat, in particular, if there was no Jaime, Cersei, or Starks...

Not really likely but A Time For Wolves might just be referring to the fact that nearly everyone is dead and that the numerous wolf packs will have a feast

Characters that will die im thinking Jon Con, Barristan, Cersei, Melisandre, Victarion, Aeron, and hopefully Dany and Areo

a good few others will probably die aswell

I wonder how long GRRM can afford to have Jon missing in action. Melisandre can carry the POV duty on the Wall and all that but there aren't many books left. I question the merits of letting one of the three main characters be absent for any extended duration. Then again, I'm of the firm belief that the series is expanding to at least eight books. GRRM delaying and then moving the two battle sequenes (i.e., Winterfell and Meereen) from ADwD to TWoW seems to ensure this.

I've been thinking about Winds of Winter a little and I'm starting to understand that what I am mostly looking forward is for the Others to get their tight little asses moving and do their anticipated invasion. Don't get me wrong I do look forward to see how the Bolton-Stannis resolution will look like, how things will go down on the Wall after the failed assassination attempt on Jon and how things will look in the south with Aegon landed and perhaps Doran finally ready to make his move - but I am even more waiting for the Others to actually flex their muscles for real.

In regards to Daenerys I have a theory that I would like to share a bit here. That is that maybe Martin is keeping Daenerys on ice in regards to the Westeros politics to prevent her from getting to involved with the various factions and instead allow her to show up as the greater savior with her dragon(s), turn the day against the Others and take the seat as a queen without a thousand strings attached to her and with half the realm holding a grudge against her. That's my thoughts of course and I am probably very wrong about it but I think that could potentially explain why Martin removed her from Mereen with a dragon and flew her out to the Sea of Grass again.

Something tortures me from the opening post of this thread.

And nobody commented on it...

I have a feeling that roughly half of these are going to be dead by the end of the eighth book. Any bets on who?

Someone please tell me that the bold part is just a mistake...

No need to kill people to reduce the POVs, but I agree that WOW will be a bloodbath.

It will start with two great battles, in Winterfell and in Mereen. That will end up with new alliance forgings, and the plot taking a whole new direction. There is a clash going on in the Stormlands, there are heads already rolling on King's Landing, and if we consider just the sheer number of deaths at the Wall, and not who dies and who stays, it is not important to know if bowen Marsh did ot didn't seal and set fire on that dinner house full of Tormund's men before doing what he did.

Connington will die sooner than he expects. The situation in which Jaime, Brienne and UnCat are hinted to be does seem to bring ill to someone. Tyrion will survive to the end of the story with Dany and a few other central characters. Although some of them, like Bran or Jon, could suffer Catelyn's fate, and live on as active characters with great, great greying changes. Cersei could go down, but she needs to see her children die first. I feel that by contrast, Lord Frey will survive the series, alone in his castle, having seen literally all of his offsprings to die before him.

I see some Tyrrell die. This is not a story in which people die by blocks, and they still have not had to grief a family member. They are the only one Great house in this. Margaery being killed by "the Lannisters" (Varys!!) would have the most shocking value for the plot. Dozens of knife stabbings while asleep with her damsels? Mace would get mad, and get killed somehow. Maybe that would be a good moment for Tarly to decide he will not follow a man that cannot ride. Willas, Garlan and Loras will find themself suddenly isolated, lost and surrounded by enemies, and they will not have any of the reader's sympathy to paliate.

I cannot see Victarion and Euron getting killed by anyone that is not the other one of the pair.

The two Stark kid that theoretically could die before the last book could be Rickon and Arya. I do not think we will suddenly see Rickon reappear just to die, but it could be that with the news of Jon's appearent destiny reach Braavos Arya could get herself in danger. How? Doing something like admitting to the Kindly Man that she wants to leave the training. I have a really bad feeling that leaving the training means directly to recieve the gift.

But I'll be in her cheerleading squad in any task or challenge that does not involve killing Jaime.

one I believe that will be ready to die at the end of WOW or in the first half of the last book is Bloodraven. Bran really has to end up alone in that black cave, addicted to the internet and online games.

two things I think will happen that are implied from foreshadowing. Littlefinger will higher a faceless man to kill sansa (he mentions in the first book the cost of killing a princess with them. Sansa is a princess and set up to royally screw him over in some form.)

Arya promised never to kill her sister. The Faceless men don't have sisters. take from that what you will.

IIRC Arya promised to never use Needle on Sansa. Even if she did make that promise, Nymeria is still in play.

I just can't get the original title of "A Time for Wolves" out of my head. I can't help but think that means the wolves will flourish, which would indicate that they will live. Unless GRRM has changed his mind, I get the feeling that the Starks will win.

Also, I think the longer they've been in the series, the greater a chance they'll have to live through book 6. I'm not saying the final book won't be a bloodbath, but let's be real, after years and years and years of devotion to the franchise, the last book would just feel empty and flat, in particular, if there was no Jaime, Cersei, or Starks...

Whenever this comes to mind, I remind myself of Jojen's words

" The wolves will return"

Tyrion Lannister will die at the hands of either Jamie (who will also kill Cersei) or Sansa...

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark I just think that because her wolf is dead she is doomed to die. Even though she's my favourite after Jon

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth He keeps talking about how the gods left him alive for one more mission. I believe him.

Theon Greyjoy though I hope he has the chance to tell them that he didn't really kill Bran and Rickon even though everyone will find out after he's dead anyway

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister Jamie will kill her or when or if Tommen and Myrcella die she will throw herself from a tower.

Jaime Lannister will be killed and brought back by Thoros only to die when he finds Sansa.

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah though I can picture him on the wall.

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington He's got greyscale...

Aeron Greyjoy He's a dick. He deserves to die. Though that could be argued of all Iron born

Victarion Greyjoy Dany might kill him or have him killed despite helping her with his fleet because he wishes to bring back the Old Way

Barristan Selmy he will die with sword in hand protecting a Targaryen like he was supposed to.

Melisandre will give herself to the fire eventually.

I have to believe that too... after all, they say life is not a song, but it is A Song of Ice and Fire.

George Martin, according to many people, has said the ending will be bittersweet and many will die. I'd like to see the actual quote, but so far

we have ample evidence that, like Jaime, George does not fear death!

I just what to throw out the thought that Jaime will survive, despite what seems to be a lot of foreshadowing about his death. I went and re-read the "fever dream" in ASoS, where he is in some deep lower level of Casterly Rock with Brienne. Both have glowing swords, but his goes out, and Cersei has warned him in the dream "The flames will burn so long as you live...When they die, so must you". There has been a lot of discussion in various threads about this dream, particularly when it comes to the re-birth of Jaime. I think this is the actual crossover for him. In the dream, 5 of his dead fellow Kingsguards accuse him of failing in his duty, and even Prince Rhaegar says "I left my wife and children in your hands". But actually, the king took control of Elia and the children and kept Jaime by him, ordering him to go kill Tywin when the Lannister troops arrive, and bring back his head.

Jaime's sword goes out, the ghosts rush him, and he wakes up screaming. Then he decides he has to go back for Brienne.

This dream is what people point to as the evidence Jaime is doomed, but I'm hoping it's the evidence of why he'll live. Just the way the Hound died leaning on the tree by the river, and Sandor was reborn, IMO. Confronted by Cersei, Joffrey and Tywin, (who at this point are all alive) and then attacked by the ghosts,it's literally lights out for Old Jaime. And then he goes for Brienne, who's light was still burning, leaving his old self and turning into New Jaime.

And significantly, Tyrion, Tommen and Myrcella are not part of the dream, so I figure they all make it too. It seems to me that it's always the dead or near dead, who can send you warnings, because they've crossed and can see things from their dead vantage point, so that certainly seems to foretell bad things for Tywin, Cersei and Joffrey.

This ignores the whole idea of the Reformed anti-hero must die. Well, I can dream, can't I!

IMO I agree that Theon is doomed, after redeeming himself - Asha will bring him back to the Iron Islands to bring the King's moot into question and end up as queen of the seastone chair. Victarian is too useful at the moment for Dany, and I think he will have his wish and end up killing Euron. Not really caring about Aeron one way or another to be quite honest.

Brienne and Jaime mirror Dunk and Egg too much, so yeah, they will go down, but it will be together. Cersei is toast, but I'm not decided whether it will be Tyrion or Jaime that offs her - but I think she will see her kids die before she does.

Melisandre will die, but not until her glamour is revealed, and he we see her as a tattooed, warty old hag and as a result Stannis will vomit himself to death... (only joking)

Samwell has to survive to bring details back to the wall about how to deal with the others aand become the new Maester Aemon.

The Tyrell's have to get their comeuppances in some way, so perhaps Margaery and Loras (the latter coming back, in a kind of 'hey, guess what guys, I faked my injuries at Dragonstone', only to be ironically killed at that very moment).

The Frey's - kill them all and bake them into to pies to celebrate Jon and Dany's wedding and coronation... In fact, made into starters, mains and desserts... (... and I'm vegetarian, so what does that say about me..?)

Tyrion is pretty safe at the moment ala Victarian - Dany needs him for his dragonlore, and it would be good to see him as the Kings Hand again, because he did do a pretty good job the last time, he just wasn't given the credit.

I'm not too sure about Varys, but I think the moment Littlefinger took Sansa, he was doomed, and I'm kind of thinking he will get his just desserts via his true love Cat, when Brienne and Jamie lead her to the Vale.

As implied above, Jon will be resurrected and fall so madly in love with Dany that he'll forget that he's boffing his aunt...

And lastly, the Starks (and Snow) -

All of them will survive, especially Arya, unless GRRM experiences marital problems in the next few years and kills her to piss his wife off - if this happens, it will be reminiscent of 'Misery' - 'time for the hobbling Mr Martin'...

• 2 weeks later...

Victarion is my favorite POV at the moment- I think he's already dead. He's the only POV that shows a narrator perspective, when Moqorro is in the cabin with him and there are people banging on his door. POV's are not supposed to stray from the actual POV character's eyes. That one did. Plus, his hand and the fire zombies we've seen in Beric and Cat.

Tyrion Lannister --- will live to the last book at least.

Jon Snow -----dead. will be resurrected somehow.

Arya Stark ---- lives til ADOS

Sansa Stark----lives.

Bran Stark ------is a tree. So, n/a

Davos Seaworth --------lives

Theon Greyjoy--------mmmm....maybe dies.

Asha Greyjoy --------lives.

Brienne of Tarth--------dies.

Samwell Tarly --------lives.

Cersei Lannister -------dies in ADOS after Jaime chokes her.

Jaime Lannister--------I don't think he will die. Maybe he'll take the black even.

Daenerys Targaryen --------dies in ADOS

Areo Hotah ---------too unimportant. n/a

Arienne Martell --------may die.

Jon Connington --------dead next book.

Aeron Greyjoy ---------no idea.

Victarion Greyjoy --------already dead, but may die in TWOW

Barristan Selmy --------could see him dead in either book.

Melisandre ----------no clue. Maybe dies to bring Snow back? Is she a fire zombie of sorts?

Actually, I could see GRRM chucking his "fly on the wall" POV's (like AReo). Or maybe only use them once or twice. Plus, Jon may be dead or out of play for a book, Bran is a tree, and some of these characters may converge. I could easily see this reverting to a simpler book of 13 or 14 POVs, even less. I mean, how many Samwell and Aeron chapters are we really going to see?

This next book will be all Dany, Tyrion, Jaime, Sansa, Arya, Asha, and DAvos. And all the other big POV's are either converging on these POV's or about to. So we will have less use of EVERY POV.

Tyrion Lannister - Cool.

Jon Snow - Cool, gettit, cuz he'd dead and frozen? :P

Arya Stark - Cool although I still wish she was older.

Sansa Stark - Cool

Bran Stark - Cool[ish]

Davos Seaworth - Probably just wishful thinking with him going to save Rickon and all but I wish he'd fall in a well right after.

Theon Greyjoy - Can he just die already? Reek, Reek it rhymes with morally-repugnant-slug-who's-lived-too-long.

Asha Greyjoy - I like her way more than her brother, one or two POV's wouldn't be amiss.

Brienne of Tarth - Another someone who's POV's are a snore fest. Also bound to be even more of cringe fest with her missing a cheek. Poor Brienne.

Samwell Tarly - As long as he doesn't call himself a craven and Fat Pink Mast, toe fungus and BREAST MILK DRINKING is never mentioned ever again cool.

Cersei Lannister - Cool, I wanna say if the lion's claws really have been pulled. Doubt it. But expect more crazy now that Kevan died like her dad.

Jaime Lannister - I am ambivalent to the existence to Jaime.

Daenerys Targaryen - As long as she stays far, far, far, far away from Meereen, cool.

Areo Hotah - OMG he's worst than Davos.

Arienne Martell - Eh.

Jon Connington - Eh.

Aeron Greyjoy - Kill. It. With. Fire.

Victarion Greyjoy - I'm hoping his evil Rollo hand strangles him after he finds out the mute is his brother.

Barristan Selmy - I have no quarrel with Ser Grandfather.

Melisandre - She's cool even if she is the most inept Red Priest of all the Red Priests we've met so far. (THREE!)

stark fan boy you are! uahahahaha death to starks!

Archived