The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

As despicable as Cersei is, I strongly believe that she is one of the pillars of this series. I can't even think of ASoIaF without her evil craziness around. She is one of the most perfectly written villains in the history of this genre, IMO. I know that she is going to die but I hope it happens during the last book. I can't read a book without certain characters being in it and Cersei is one of them.

Sadly, I think she and Jaime are two of the better bets to not make it past the next book. Victarion is another and Connington as well.

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

Either Tyrion or Sansa will pass out

Theon is already sentenced as per TWOW sample chapter

Either Brinne or Jaime will pass out (my prediction is that Jaime is going to be killed an ressurected, thus losing losing POV, the opposite can also happen)

Jon Connington is ruled to die, he has greyscale, and I think that another battle of the bells (most likely related to The Faith) is going to happen

Either Victarion or Aeron Damphair dies

And either Areo or Arianne dies

I think the Starks will have to suffer a few more casualties. I agree with one of the earlier posters who say that Sansa is a dead girl walking. Her wolf, her connection to being a Stark, is killed in the first book, also named lady. If Sansa does physically live, I don't think it will ever be as a "lady" again as a Lannister or Stark. I think she is doomed to remain in obscurity or to actually die, but I think she has something to do first, possibly bring about the death of Baelish.

I don't think Bran's ever getting out of the cave. I think if Sansa does die then Arya has a good shot at survival. I don't see him killing both of them. I don't honestly think that GRRM will kill Rickon. I am assuming has to contribute something to the story at some point, I would guess as the Stark in Winterfell when the dust settles if there is anything left to rule at the end of the series.

As long as every drop of it is Frey blood. Let all the Freys die, and let it be spectacularly gruesome. Let Lord Walder Frey watch as everyone of his children, grandchildren, and relatives are brutally killed in front of him. Let Walder see how is spiteful, vindictive nature is his own undoing. May he realize that had he accepted Robb's offer of Edmure (his direct liege lord, and a powerful person in Robb's northern kingdom) he would have been spared this. Everything he worked to create, a powerful well respected house with many followers, is undone. All because he is a stupid, petty, spiteful, and vindictive shit head.

Next may the Boltons be wiped out. The Boltons should have been killed years ago by the Starks. They were always a pain in the rear, and had no business making this far in the history of Westeros. The Starks should have ended the house ages ago, preferably right as soon as they became a house, and given the Dreadfort to a better bannermen. Let Ramsay get his justice for being on the same level as Joffery. Let Roose get his rewards for his plotting and scheming.

Next may the Tyrells get their justice. They overreach their place by trying to be related to the kings through marriage to Renly, Joffery, and Tommen. They helped Renly make the conclusion that he should be king over Stannis, causing a rift between the people capable of defeating the Lannisters. Let these stewards get their just desert.

• 6 months later...

okkk i think the rest of the starks will survive.. rickon has osha who will protect him and seems to know whats shes doing.

Bran is now has the green sight and a powerful warg, arya survived KL, tywin, roose, gregor. and has become a faceless man who can kill her ? sansa idk littlefinger will protect her until she rejects him or something but i think shes going to kill him first

tyrion i think will live because he's tyrion,

cersei will die after her children die and jaime will kill her.

ramsay will die after he tries to kill Roose or maybe the reverse... all i need to for the freys to pay and ill be fine.

and for jeyne to have a boy and name him Edward stark

As long as every drop of it is Frey blood. Let all the Freys die, and let it be spectacularly gruesome. Let Lord Walder Frey watch as everyone of his children, grandchildren, and relatives are brutally killed in front of him. Let Walder see how is spiteful, vindictive nature is his own undoing. May he realize that had he accepted Robb's offer of Edmure (his direct liege lord, and a powerful person in Robb's northern kingdom) he would have been spared this. Everything he worked to create, a powerful well respected house with many followers, is undone. All because he is a stupid, petty, spiteful, and vindictive shit head.

Next may the Boltons be wiped out. The Boltons should have been killed years ago by the Starks. They were always a pain in the rear, and had no business making this far in the history of Westeros. The Starks should have ended the house ages ago, preferably right as soon as they became a house, and given the Dreadfort to a better bannermen. Let Ramsay get his justice for being on the same level as Joffery. Let Roose get his rewards for his plotting and scheming.

Next may the Tyrells get their justice. They overreach their place by trying to be related to the kings through marriage to Renly, Joffery, and Tommen. They helped Renly make the conclusion that he should be king over Stannis, causing a rift between the people capable of defeating the Lannisters. Let these stewards get their just desert.

i second this motion

I think the Starks will have to suffer a few more casualties. I agree with one of the earlier posters who say that Sansa is a dead girl walking. Her wolf, her connection to being a Stark, is killed in the first book, also named lady. If Sansa does physically live, I don't think it will ever be as a "lady" again as a Lannister or Stark. I think she is doomed to remain in obscurity or to actually die, but I think she has something to do first, possibly bring about the death of Baelish.

I agree. I also hope so. I don't get the love for Sansa at all. At the time of the first novel, in this universe, Sansa was "old enough" to understand right from wrong. I know she was a foolish girl who wanted to marry a prince and become queen, but lying (saying you dont remember is also lying by ommission) about something involving your sister when you've seen the prince act like a crazy animal is unforgivable in my book. It's horribly awful that Cersei offs Lady for the incident since Lady did nothing wrong... however, I feel it was justice for Sansa's wrongdoing. She deserved to lose her wolf. The real turning point for her losing her identity as a Stark, to me, is her choice to not back Arya up. She found out immediately that she'd made the wrong choice. But did it turn her against the prince or the queen? No. She still desperately wanted their favor and was more concerned with Joffrey wanting her than her sister's friend being murdered. Even now she is callous in her POV chapters, and remains a liar. I get that she's trying to survive in Petry's crazy world. I don't care. I think Sansa has it coming to her. I dont lnow that she will get it. I hope so, but there are so many people who seem to think she is good that I am willing to bet I will be disappointed. I don't know that she will kill Petyr. If so, I believe it won't be until the last book. I am more favoring Arya being hired to kill Petyr...

Arya will survive because she is a survivor, and Jon loves her. I think she is Lyanna to his Rhaegar. Not in a creepy way, just a parallel. Arya/Lyanna are both bold and full of fire, while Jon/Rhaegar are mopey and bound to their duty. But it was early established that Jon specifically missed Arya after he left Winterfell. And Arya missed Jon too. These two will survive and meet again. If not, the point of saying it in both POVs is nonsense. Both could have just missed Winterfell, or their family as a whole. I think that GRRM intends to keep the two alive to meet again.

This means (sorry haters) Jon Snow hasn't (totally) snuffed it. I'd put money on him warging into Ghost before his body can fail him. Ghost is a white wolf (ice) with red eyes (fire). Jon is (likely) the son of a Stark (ice) and a Targaryen (fire). Jon will survive. I think he will be revived somehow. I think he will find out about his parentage. I think somehow it will be as a legitimate son of Rhaegar. But I think he will choose ice, and ultimately to save the realm rather than to sit the throne. I think this is why it is bittersweet.

Still, Jon is making it till the end.

Dany may or may not die. I don't know. I can't really pin down what her angle is, or how she will have anything to do with Westeros at this point.

Cersei will die at Jaime's hand.

Theon and Victarion will die in TWoW.

The Boltons will die.

Mance will kill Mel.

Stannis will not die.

Barristan will die. Hizdahr BETTER die. In TWoW.

Margaery will be proven guilty. Her head will off. This was foreshadowed in The Tudors ;)

Loras will return.

Mace Tyrell will faint at least once in TWoW. Someone will make fun of his chair.

The plot will unravel, and Petyr will be killed. Possibly at the end of TWoW.

SAM will be instrumental in stopping the Others (OR the dragons OR the CoTF).

Something makes me think Illyrio has hired FM to kill off Dany's dragons. I think they will fail, and Aegon will suffer the fate of Quentyn when he tries to be a Targaryen. In TWoW.

Then, at the end of TWoW, someone will find out alllllll about Varys. Then, Illyrio. They will be the worst people ever in the history of ever. And they will die.

Tyrion will will, in the end, sit the Iron Throne or be responsible for putting someone truly good on it. Seriously.

Phew.

Character - Chance of Death in next book - Chance of death by end of series ranked out of 10 (0 impossible, 10 certain) - Explanation

Daenerys - 1 - 6 - The number of prophecies that need to be fulfilled requires at least two books. She may die at the end through one of the treasons or from the next Dance of Dragons.

Tyrion - 1 - 5 - Again, has foreshadowing of great importance in future events, so will survive the next book. The end is less certain, not sure Westeros will ever accept Tyrion back.

Jon Snow - 4 - 5 - The 4 is if Jon is not coming back alive. If he does then he is more likely to survive then Daenerys to the end through not actively claiming a throne. It is possible that Jon does come back but in a form similar to Cat, such that we get no further POVs from him (though I feel there has been too much character development for this).

Bran - 2 - 2 - Seems to be in a pretty safe position, but it isn't clear what his role will be with his new powers. It is possible they may place him in danger as being a threat to the Others (or even as an agent for them and hence a threat to Westeros). Overall though, I consider this danger mild and see Bran more as a unique means of learning about past events relevant to the plot and by very slightly influencing the world.

Sansa - 2 - 3 - At the moment, too valuable to kill as the presumed heir to Winterfell, no matter which side you are on. If Rickon is brought back then the danger to Sansa increases.

Arya - 2 - 4 - Her training has to be building up to something in the future, which I think will be in the last book.

Theon - 9 - 9 - Has pretty much served his purpose and his arc seems fairly complete to me. The number of people in Westeros who want him dead is too many to count.

Davos - 4 - 5 - Seems to be a good survivor, though if Stannis should be killed or captured then Davos is at risk.

Jaime - 7 - 8 - Brienne seems to be leading him to a trap, but I think he will survive this. Any of Stannis, Aegon or Daenerys would want Jaime dead and the Monarch seems likely to change.

Samwell - 1 - 2 - Has to be at the Citadel and begin his training. After that it is not so clear. I have a feeling Sam will survive and the Epilogue will be his last chapter of the recording of these events.

Cersei - 7 - 9 - Her prophesied death has to happen eventually, probably from Jaime. A very unstable ruler who most would want to see deposed.

Brienne - 7 - 8 - At risk from being killed by Jaime. Most of her arc also seems fairly complete.

Aeron - 5 - 8 - Essentially unliked by the other Greyjoys apart from Victarion (and I don't think Aeron would approve of Victarion seeking the counsel of red priests). An obstacle for all concerned with the Iron Islands. Will do something important, then probably die.

Victarion - 5 - 8 - Going straight into danger and trying to capture a dragon, which didn't work too well last time. At least he has a means unlike Quentyn's "plan".

Arianne - 2 - 5 - Has a future role to play in a Dornish alliance with Aegon. If Aegon is removed from the Iron Throne then she could be at risk.

Asha - 3 - 5 - The Greyjoy least at risk, though is with Stannis which is quite risky in itself. Can see her being the eventual ruler of the Iron Islands.

Areo - 8 - 8 - Will probably be killed in combat. Darkstar seems a good bet.

Barristan - 7 - 8 - Will die in battle, possibly at Meereen but also later. Daenerys' journey is going to be bloody and Barristan will be at the front of it. Would be good to see a fight between Barristan and Victarion (which would be close).

Jon Con - 4 - 9 - Has Greyscale and will be soon known to be the military strategist behind Aegon's campaign. Therefore, taking Connington out will be a priority for some who would seek to ruin Aegon's chances of being on the Iron Throne.

Melisandre - 5 - 8 - Sees the future but fails to interpret it correctly. At the forefront of the struggle against the great enemy. Generally disliked by those that aren't Queen's men.

As long as Arya lives, I'll be able to carry on.

If Arya dies I will walk inside GRRM's house and personally knock over his magazine rack, throw a copy of the book against the wall, yell some expletives, and walk out.

It won't be his house anymore, because his wife loves Arya and if GRRM kills her, she's gonna thrown him out now that they're married.

Tyrion Lannister- Will probably live through TWoW and maybe through the end of the whole series.

Jon Snow- Either he or Dany will die. Both won't live.

Arya Stark- I can see her offing some Freys when she returns to Westeros. She'll probably live.

Sansa Stark- I don't think we have seen her reason for existing, yet, though I could totally see George making her and Tyrion living happily ever after. Honestly I think she'll become Queen in the North. She's safe in my opinion.

Bran Stark- Will probably live in a tree unless someone like Benjen finds him and returns him to south of the Wall. He's safe.

Davos Seaworth- His death will probably impact the most. I think he dies protecting Rickon.

Theon Greyjoy- I hope/think he dies (because he wants to) by Stannis's hand, but not before being of some use. Justice for killing those miller's boys and for breaking his oath to Robb.

Asha Greyjoy- Will probably become ruler of the Iron Islands. She's safe.

Brienne of Tarth- Honestly I don't know about this one. Maybe she escapes UnCat and the BwB and searches for Sansa for the rest of eternity (because that's what it felt like in AFfC). No seriously she'll probably die in ADoS.

Samwell Tarly- I'd like for him to see his father again, just so he can show his father that he has changed. Will probably become a maester. He is safe.

Cersei Lannister- She'll die by Jaime's hand (the one that's still intact).

Jaime Lannister- I want him to survive but if he has to die, I want it to be an honorable death, protecting a king or queen. I think he's safe through TWoW at least.

Daenerys Targaryen- Same as Jon. One will die and the other will survive.

Areo Hotah- Who is this guy again? I think some Lannister soldier will kill him.

Arienne Martell- She was introduced late in the series and seems to be becoming more important. I think she's safe for at least TWoW.

Jon Connington- Will die from greyscale or in combat.

Aeron Greyjoy- ???

Victarion Greyjoy- ???

Barristan Selmy- Will die with sword in hand protecting a king or queen.

Melisandre- She's safe until we get another POV on the Wall, or until the Wall falls.

Archived