The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

I`m almost certain that it`s been noted that greyscale is fatal in adults but not in children, provided it`s spread can be prevented in children. I could be completely wrong on that front though.

It's been mentioned several times in the books. Although the Wildlings are still scared of children with greyscale as they seem to think it can still be passed on while people in the south disagree. I always viewed like chicken pox, a simple thing if you are a kid but dangerous to adults.

Theon is not going to die, it's too obvious and expected.

How is it obvious? Half the board thinks he is going get some last minute save at the tree.

Secondly even if GRRM's goal is to fool people (which I don't think it is), he has to go with the obvious choice some of the time or else it become just as predictable as always going with the obvious choice.

The POV characters that will die in WoW? In My opinion:

Jaime Lannister- Will not survive UnCat

Brienne of Tarth- Will not die but will retire to the Quiet Ilse to heal her wounds and not have another POV

Melisandre- Will die fighting the Others at the wall, and will accidently let them through.

Jon Snow- We confirm Jon's death, though he will go into Ghost's body and randomly show up in other POVs

Victarion GreyJoy- About to become Dragon feed.

Barristan Selmy- Will die saving Dany

Theon GreyJoy- If Stannis does not chop his head off, a northman will

Jon Connington- The Greyscale seems to be moving pretty fast.

The rest will make it to book 7 where it will be a crazy Blood Bath.

Did you miss the part where Robb died?

Barristan will probably die. For some reason I feel like there might be an encounter between him and Victarion that will end unprettily for them both. Sadly, I think Davos and Connington might not make it. I think Melisandre will get the axe too, and perhaps Cersei and Hotah. Not sure about the others. Arianne is so generic I wish she'd die.

Four Starks and one Snow. So yes five stark kids is correct

How is it obvious? Half the board thinks he is going get some last minute save at the tree.

Secondly even if GRRM's goal is to fool people (which I don't think it is), he has to go with the obvious choice some of the time or else it become just as predictable as always going with the obvious choice.

You know what you are right, someone has to die when expected to some of the time. When I read about Bran and Rickon I will admit I looked ahead at all the chapter titles until I saw that it was ok, but when Arya got her fake death I knew what I had read and didn't even need to cheat to knew she was alive. I get the same feeling for both Jon and Theon. Robb wasn't the same because we actually watched him die through Catlyns eyes, and Catlyn isn't really the same because the whole red priest magic got brought it. but again I "knew" Brienne was alive, and this I know fooled some people so maybe I do have Jon and Theon right.

Edited for grammer

Why does everyone think Tyrion will die in the books?

Remember his dreams? He dreamt of flying a dragon...

Remember his father rejecting him? What if his true father was a Targaeryen? There was some mentioning of a Targaeryian king telling Tywin how lucky he is to have such a wife or something. I am sure I read something like that. For me, he has a pretty strong claim to Westerlands, and with his brains, he will probably be one of the three dragon riders... I would bet on that

My picks:

Theon

Brienne

Victarion

Roose

Ramsay

Tommen

JonConn

Littlefinger(as much as it pains me to say it :crying:)

Theon - that bastard has been through so much, that I think GRRM will somehow spare him...

Like others already said:

Theon is not going to die, it's too obvious and expected.

Brienne... that is one tough cookie... I would say she and Jaime head off somewhere and live on a farm or something... or they die

Victarion - no idea on that one... he has the drive, he has the power, he has the brain... he is terrible in bed... He will go on to marry Arianne :cheers:

Roose - dying would be too easy of a punishment, I can imagine GRRM giving him some Prometheus - like punishment

Ramsay- the same as roose

Tommen - why would tommen die? There needs to be at least one ruling westerlands... he is not evil... he is a boy, give him a break :)

JonConn - unless he cuts his arm of (which he should, the crazy bastard), he dies...

Littlefinger - he is portrayed as someone with an IQ of 300 or more, I doubt he will meet his end soon

Why does everyone think Tyrion will die in the books?

Remember his dreams? He dreamt of flying a dragon...

Remember his father rejecting him? What if his true father was a Targaeryen? There was some mentioning of a Targaeryian king telling Tywin how lucky he is to have such a wife or something. I am sure I read something like that. For me, he has a pretty strong claim to Westerlands, and with his brains, he will probably be one of the three dragon riders... I would bet on that

Aerys had a thing for Twins wife, Tyrions mother. The quote you are thinking of is "It's a shame ***** rights have been done away with" I can't remember if he says lords or kings or first night, but the point is he wanted Tywins wife, Barristan almost says it to Dany in Dance. And also I don't think many people think Tyrion will die next book as there are multiple threads regarding him being a targ or not and even in other threads people acknowledge that he is grrm's favorite character and has a future in the story.

Littlefinger - he is portrayed as someone with an IQ of 300 or more, I doubt he will meet his end soon

Where is his IQ mentioned? While it is very intriguing, I very highly doubt that.

I do agree that he'll make it much longer. He has a lot more to add to the story. His schemes have only been half-revealed (if that) at this point, and I think he will make a legitimate case for the Iron Throne.

Where is his IQ mentioned? While it is very intriguing, I very highly doubt that.

I do agree that he'll make it much longer. He has a lot more to add to the story. His schemes have only been half-revealed (if that) at this point, and I think he will make a legitimate case for the Iron Throne.

Lol, to the quote you quoted, since 100 is average and 210 being Einstein, ya id say you are correct in Denying Littlefinger having an IQ of 300.

Edit: My apologies as of a quick google check Da Vinci is the person listed at 210.

The death of Theon would be pretty much expected, a little too easily perhaps, but his mercy killing by Stannis at the weirwood may potentially give more power to Bran. In that case, I can see Ramsay's exit from the series as one of the two following options, neither of them pretty:

Jon has warged Ghost, meets up with AryaNymeria at the Riverlands, they go North and run amok in Winterfell. Ramsay tries to hide in the kennels and Bran wargs a few of his bitches and gets his dogs to rip him apart.

Roose Bolton may have been murdered/usurped by his son (stabbed, since he's wary of poison), and Ramsay would try to blame that on the Manderleys or Umbers as he proclaims himself King of the North. In that case, captured by Stannis, he'd be fully castrated and skinned alive before being handed to the flames.

Both of these options would be typically poetic in the case that Stannis is still alive. If Theon doesn't die at the weirwood, he'll likely survive to Book 7.

Either Barristan or Victarion is likely to kill the other in battle, as has been pointed out. With Victarion, there's so many ways for him to join the Darwin Awards; he's just so stupid. He's also just as likely to get killed off by a dragon or the Meereenese.

I think that Davos will die in Skagos trying to protect or find Osha and Rickon. If not, he'll likely survive to Book 7.

Brienne... that is one tough cookie... I would say she and Jaime head off somewhere and live on a farm or something... or they die

Victarion - no idea on that one... he has the drive, he has the power, he has the brain... he is terrible in bed... He will go on to marry Arianne :cheers:

Roose - dying would be too easy of a punishment, I can imagine GRRM giving him some Prometheus - like punishment

Ramsay- the same as roose

Tommen - why would tommen die? There needs to be at least one ruling westerlands... he is not evil... he is a boy, give him a break :)

JonConn - unless he cuts his arm of (which he should, the crazy bastard), he dies...

Since the original title of the last book was A Time for Wolves, I'm guessing it has to do with the resurgency of the Starks. And since TWOW is obviously going to be downbeat, as the ominous title indicates, we also need some feel-good stuff. And what could be more triumphant than Sansa breaking out of LF's clutches and pushing him out of the Moon Door? I'm guessing that either Sansa or Rickon or both return to Winterfell by the end of TWOW.

It's not a question of whether Tommen deserves to die(he most certainly doesn't), it's just that I could see it happening. Tommen's death may finally cause Cersei to snap, may eventually lead to her own death.

My pick is that either Roose kills Ramsay or Ramsay kills Roose. I'm hoping Ramsay kills Roose because I know Roose wouldn't inflict a very painful death on his own son.

GRRM doesn't do happy endings, so I really doubt that Brienne and Jaime will live together. The man's still a member of the Kingsguard, after all. Brienne's arc seems to run its course, and her death may cause Jaime to become fully determined to kill Cersei, which is what I'm expecting him to do in the end.

And as for Theon, he's not going to die at the heart tree. If he was, GRRM wouldn't have bothered making him a POV character. But I do think he'll die after he redeems himself.

As for my choices for who will die in WoW:

Theon- Heavily redeemed at the end and does some sort of sacrifice that saves thousands.

Ramsay Bolton- Killed at the Wall by the Others

Roose Bolton- Killed by Stannis, the Northmen, or agents of Littlefinger

Stannis Baratheon- Killed by the Others, Littlefinger, or Brienne

Ser Baristan- Killed saving Dany's life from the Harpys

Melisandre- Sacrifices herself to revive Jon Snow

Jojen Reed- Killed by the Three Eyed Crow, the Children of the Forest, or the Others

Tommen- Poisoned by Margeary

Myrcella- Killed by Aegon's army or Darkstar

Brienne- Killed in battle in the North, with Jaime cradling her in death.

Jon Connington- Killed by Varys at the very end once he discovers that Aegon is Blackfyre.

For TWoW, I'm betting on:

Tyrion Lannister - I'm about 90% sure Tyrion will die by A Dream of Spring, but I don't think it will be in TWoW.

Jon Snow - Please don't be dead, for Arya's sake.

Arya Stark - I hope (with all my heart) that she survives the series. She and Sansa will be the only ones I cry for, if they die. Bran as well, I suppose, but I can't see him dying.

Sansa Stark - Nope. She's just starting to get interesting.

Bran Stark - Probably won't die, but will probably become ingrained in the tree... or something along those lines. I don't know if he will ever return south of the wall.

Davos Seaworth - This guy has grown on me. I think he'll survive.

Theon Greyjoy - I'm fairly sure he will die sooner or later, but I'm thinking in TWoW

Asha Greyjoy - As much as I love the character, I really cannot see where her story is going.

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly - I'll be so sad, but I think he's going to die.

Cersei Lannister - She MIGHT die, although I find it a little unlikely for her to die before the next book... so this is a HALF slashthrough?

Jaime Lannister - I think his arc will end with him allowing Brienne to kill him.

Daenerys Targaryen - Nope. If she dies (which I think she will), I believe it will be in A Dream of Spring

Areo Hotah - Who is this guy again? I just hope that he doesn't get a POV... please...

Arienne Martell - I hate her POVs, but like the character. I hope she survives at least this book.

Jon Connington - Just die.

Aeron Greyoy - Do something important or GTFO.

Victarion Greyoy - I hate this person. Hopefully he somehow ferries Tyrion back to Westeros. If not, he's dead.

Barristan Selmy - I think he will make it to A Dream of Spring, but I'm nearly 100% he will be dead by the end of the series.

Melisandre - *shrug* Depends on when this Azor Ahai story comes to a conclusion. I can't see where she will fit in at the end of the story, so I'm guessing the next book will see her dead.

Ramsay Bolton - Hopefully he is killed. Slowly.

Roose Bolton - Same as above.

Stannis Baratheon - As much as I love this man, In my eyes he's been marked for death for a while now. It's sad though, since I wouldn't really mind if he sat the Iron Throne.

Jojen Reed - I believe he will die in A Dream of Spring

Tommen - To be honest, I'd bee quite sad if Tommen was killed. He seems like a good kid, but he's practically marked for death. But then again... SOMEONE has to rule the rock. *shrug* With any luck, it'll be the Blackfish.

Myrcella - Same as above.

"Aegon" - Probably won't die in this book, but I hope he does in the next. I've lost a lot of respect for Dany over the past book, but I will be so angry if he becomes King. He practically comes out of nowhere. So yeah. Death would be nice.

Varys - Pfft. Are you kidding me? He's just too good. Maybe next book. Or maybe not at all.

Littlefinger - Maybe. Depends on how Sansa takes the news that he is part of the reason Ned is dead. I'm fairly sure he'll be dead by the end of the series.

Me too, probably with Theon around as co-ruler to sidestep the Ironmen's distrust of female monarchs, though I really believe he's toast.

I'd not considered the possibility that Aegon is Blackfyre, but Jon Connington will die protecting Aegon in battle anyway. I dislike this guy so let's hope so, though he's been slightly growing on me. In any case, he has greyscale, so it's not as if he'd shy from a noble death if he believed he had nothing to lose.

Archived