Whose going to be the first person to die in TWOW?

wood_dat_aye_could

Well whoever has the prologue POV. I think that someone (a maester?) at Highgarden or Casterly Rock would make sense.

Assuming Martin keeps up the pattern, this book would feature a POV somehow related to the maesters and/or magic, in a major location south of the Wall that we haven't seen before. Clash of Kings had Dragonstone and Feast for Crows had Oldtown.

If you include the seats of the nine major houses, the capital and the four major cities, we've already seen:

Winterfell

Dragonstone

Sunspear

Storm's End

Riverrun

The Eyrie

Pyke

White Harbor

Oldtown

King's Landing

We haven't seen:

Casterly Rock

Highgarden

Gulltown

Lannisport

True.. But he has already used North of the Wall 3 times in his prologues so I don't see a pattern, but you raise a great point! I would love to see The Rock already, shish. That's why I excluded the prologue for the most part, but we can speculate on that non the less!

Prologue

POV: Volantene warrior slain by a Horde of Dothraki and a dragon riding Queen

I hope the prologue will be Casterly Rock just because we have not had anything set there. First to die... Stannis assuming Ramsay has him. Or maybe Reek.

GRRM has released a chapter of AWOW and it depicts Stannis alive and he has captured Theon/Reek

True.. But he has already used North of the Wall 3 times in his prologues so I don't see a pattern, but you raise a great point! I would love to see The Rock already, shish. That's why I excluded the prologue for the most part, but we can speculate on that non the less!

Prologue

POV: Volantene warrior slain by a Horde of Dothraki and a dragon riding Queen

... There is a pattern.

Book 1: North of the Wall

Book 2: South of the Wall

Book 3: North of the Wall

Book 4: South of the Wall

Book 5: North of the Wall

Book 6: Following this pattern, South of the Wall

Even books: South of the Wall

Odd books: North of the Wall

To expand on the pattern more, the three prologues north of the Wall involved wights/Others and the two prologues south of the Wall involved maesters.

Archived