Whose going to be the first person to die in TWOW?

wood_dat_aye_could

The Northmen worship the Old Gods. If the tree (Bran) says Theon lives, then Theon lives.

But do Bran want to save Theon ?

As for Marg, I dont think she'll die.

If someone has to die soon in KL, it will be Mace Tyrell I guess, thanks to Varys efforts.

The Northmen worship the Old Gods. If the tree (Bran) says Theon lives, then Theon lives.

Why would Bran want Theon alive?

"No, he is completely innocent. I mean yeah, he killed some smallfolk of Winterfell, and took the castle- playing a pretty large in the fall of Robb. But he didn't kill Rickon and I, just two other young boys who were then flayed until unrecognisable."

Ser Grandfather, though I will be SO sad if it is he. He's aging and acutely aware of it, and he's in the midst of doing whatever it takes to protect/save Dany, which may mean laying down his life. I can see such a sacrifice being what it takes to finally give him peace that he's at last made amends for all the times he judges himself for 'failing'. Personally, I don't see why he blames himself so for the things he's mentioned, but he does.

I think Margaery might be the first character to die. It would completely destroy the Lannister/Tyrell alliance (particularly as Cersei wasn't clever enough to keep the Queen of Thorns and Loras around as potential hostages).

B-but if the Lannister/Tyrell alliance is destroyed, wouldn't it provoke another civil war?

Personnally, I would love to see this book start with Maester Qyburn preparing UnGregor for the trial by champion for Cersei. Maybe have him warm up by knocking a few Tyrells off the list, or even getting chopped himself. It makes sense

considering the trial was to take place soon after

the end of the last books, and considering how the Maesters have always been prologued in the previous books.

This.And as apple martini and this guy mentioned,according to patterns it will be south of the wall with another maester,qyburn most likely as we will also get a glimpse of the chaos that followed Kevan's murder(fucking Varys)

Well either this maester or maester marwyn,anyother POV i doubt..

B-but if the Lannister/Tyrell alliance is destroyed, wouldn't it provoke another civil war?

Yes, but I think when it happens the Tyrell forces will be divided between battling Euron, protecting KL, and fighting Aegon. So not only will the Lannister/Tyrell alliance be broken, the Tyrell forces will be broken (which makes them less of a game changer).

I think that the breakdown of the Lannister/Tyrell alliance will be the catalyst that causes the civil war to start again -- and I think it will drive some of the Reach lords towards Aegon.

Why does it seem like I'm the only one rooting for Aegon VI?!

If its any comfort, I think he'll win... temporarily.

That is, until the long winter descends on the south, dead things walk in the night, wolves roam the land (TWOW was originally titled "A Time for Wolves"), hunger kills people by the thousands due to empty granaries, and then at least one Ironborn-controlled dragon (and probably others controlled by "who knows?") wreaks havoc upon the land (I think Euron is working with dark powers here; Vicky might already have underestimated his sick brother).

The throne will be a curse for anyone who sits upon it when the realm feels the brunt of winter.

Yes, but I think when it happens the Tyrell forces will be divided between battling Euron, protecting KL, and fighting Aegon. So not only will the Lannister/Tyrell alliance be broken, the Tyrell forces will be broken (which makes them less of a game changer).

I think that the breakdown of the Lannister/Tyrell alliance will be the catalyst that causes the civil war to start again -- and I think it will drive some of the Reach lords towards Aegon.

That will mean places like the Riverland would be unsettled and the Lannisters will be more reliant on their alliance with the Freys and Boltons for some sort of security. Or they may even call the Vale into arms.

It'll either be a maester to the Daynes at Starfall or High Hermitage; or at some point we'll get Swann or a Dayne as a POV. Too much backstory has been given to the Daynes for this series to end without a POV in one of their strongholds.

Failing that I'd say Lancel, since it'd fit into the North/South pattern and also follow the trend of the last North POV not being a NW, this POV would not be a maester. Also it'd check off the "kill the POV" box.

I would hope that Walder Frey would keel over dead from simple old age.

Other candidates, not counting the prologue character (who always dies):

• Lancel (death by Mountain)
  • Bowen Marsh (execution for treason - Lord Janos got it for much less)
  • Mace Tyrell (To give the Tyrells some reason for suspicion as well)
  • Doran Martell (finally killed by various diseases and succeeded by Arianne)

I would hope that Walder Frey would keel over dead from simple old age.

Other candidates, not counting the prologue character (who always dies):

• Lancel (death by Mountain)
  • Bowen Marsh (execution for treason - Lord Janos got it for much less)
  • Mace Tyrell (To give the Tyrells some reason for suspicion as well)
  • Doran Martell (finally killed by various diseases and succeeded by Arianne)

Screw that, he dies of old age he won, I want the old P&!#$ see his house die or have a face to face encounter with LSH and have a violent stroke and just be a living corpse.

Archived