The Best Named Direwolf and other animal names

Ice Turtle

Ahh, but you all missed Lady=Direwolf name,Nymeria=Direwolf name.

Then you have Lady Nymeria on her way to King's Landing.The two footed version.Lady+Nymeria=Lady Nymeria. :agree:

Soooo,aw fuck it ,who cares.

Stranger is perfection...

Or as I dubbed him once The Emperor of Equine Excellence

LOL!

I'd save that one for your local Equestrian Club annual fundraiser,if I were you.And wait until the members are completely pissed.

Ser Pounce is the cutest name in cuteness history. Go Ser Pounce!

Shaggydog is also cute, on account that it was the name created by a little fiesty 4 year old.

I actually do really like the name Ghost, suits a white direwolf that travels in winter, and how it is different or the 'outsider' of the rest of the direwolves.

Grey Wind is probably my least favourite Direwolf name. There is just something kind of....plain? about it. And the one that poorly represents the personality of the owner. Summer, Ghost, Lady, Nymeria, Shaggy all represented the characteristics very well of the other Stark kids, but for me Grey Wind doesn't signify Robb's personality strongly. Maybe "Emperor", "Blaze", "Virtus" (Virtue in Latin) not great examples off the top of my head, but at least something that would portray Robb's feeling of duty and his growing position as king.

Least favourite animal name overall: The Silver. Really Dany? You get this stunningly beautiful white horse that is a wonder to ride, and you call it "The Silver?" : / I get that you want to act Dothraki and all that, but heck, really, it is still your horse. If I had a horse like that I would definitely come up with something more suitable and elegant.

Stranger pwns all other critters in the series. This motherfucker rips ears off at the prospect of being gelded. Hardcore.

The only critter whose ass Stranger couldn't kick all the way to Sothoryos is Drogon. And Stranger would go down in flames fighting. Just like my stupid buggering horse keeps doing in Skyrim. :crying:

Ahh, but you all missed Lady=Direwolf name,Nymeria=Direwolf name.

Then you have Lady Nymeria on her way to King's Landing.The two footed version.Lady+Nymeria=Lady Nymeria. :agree:

Soooo,aw fuck it ,who cares.

Wooooooooow ! Never noticed the Lady Nym stuff !!!

Ghost fits the direwolf well. I see Greywind as silent and fast so never had a problem with the name. Nymeria sounds too grand for such a savage bitch (or was the original like that anyway?) Shaggydog...that is so what a little kid would name his pet, Perhaps under different circumstances shaggydog wouldn't have become so wild, same as Rickon.

I love Balerion for the cat and Ser Pounce.

I actually liked "Driftwood" just because it was so misleading. Sort of like naming a chihuahua Cujo.

And I did not like "Grey Wind," until we started coming up with silly POV chapter titles and someone posted "Robb: Gone with the Grey Wind.". Sick as it is I am still laughing about that one.

Tommen's kittens are undoubtedly the best named for me. Especially Ser Pounce. They even got their own entry in the AFFC Appendix.

The dragons' name on the other hand annoy me quite a bit because Dany had the compulsion to name everything after the dead men in her life (first Rhaego, then Rhaegal, Drogon and Viserion). Are the dragons even male ? I don't recall their sex being disclosed (how would Dany know how to differentiate a male dragon from a female dragon in the first place ?), but if they are indeed all males the whole "rebirthing" dragons thing becomes quite pointless because without any female they're bound to die out again anyway.

Archived