Will Ros return in Season 2?

duncanthemedium

Ros sucks, if they replace Allayala with her or any other girl character introduced in the books with her I will be extremely pissed...what if she replaced Margary Tyrell or Lollys instead and Ros got raped in the riot? Why not just make her queen?

I'm pretty sure they are making her queen. That's kind of a spoiler.

From this article posted in another thread: http://www.denofgeek.com/television/1264476/46_things_we_learned_from_the_game_of_thrones_blurays.html

Prostitute Ros was originally supposed to be included in one scene, but Benioff and Weiss are obviously fans: "she's so much fun to watch that she's become a relatively major character in season two", the explained. Sexploitation obviously pays off!

Major character

:eek:

Major character

:eek:

This is terrible..just terrible. If they want to have her at all the brothels naked for some background eye-candy or whatever and she says a word or two every now and then, that's fine. But MAJOR CHARACTER??? NO!!!! The Blackfish is cut but Ros is a major character? OMG!!

I do wonder what the writers see in her. Maybe they just like the actress and want to give her a lot to do, because for the life of me I can't figure out what's so special about the character. It's not like she's a fan favorit or anything.

Ros sucks, if they replace Allayala with her or any other girl character introduced in the books with her I will be extremely pissed...what if she replaced Margary Tyrell or Lollys instead? Why not just make her queen?

I think that replacing Alayaya or any other prostitute with Ros might be the only possible reasonable reason to keep her. If she is in, she might as well do something that has a purpose in the story.

I think that replacing Alayaya or any other prostitute with Ros might be the only possible reasonable reason to keep her. If she is in, she might as well do something that has a purpose in the story.

How do you do spoiler tags?

Because if she takes over for Allayala, at least I will get the satisfaction of seeing her get punished in Clash of Kings (or was it in SoS)?

This...if that is her place in the show, then that is totally fine with me! I just don't want an entire storyline for a made-up character. It's not like there is a lack of characters to use from the book or something.

I just read someone's suggestion that she might take over Jeyne Poole :eek: Makes sense if you think about it.

She could end up at LF's brothel just like Jeyne, and she also already has a relation to Theon.

Me no likey. :(

OTOH how would they do the whole

Arya

thing then? :dunno:

edited to make it less spoilery

Yeah, my head was hurting trying to figure all that out. I am not seeing how Ros the experienced whore can play Jeyne Poole, the innocent young girl turned into a whore. Plus, like you mentioned Lady, I don't see how the Arya thing would work.

I just read someone's suggestion that she might take over Jeyne Poole :eek: Makes sense if you think about it.

She could end up at LF's brothel just like Jeyne, and she also already has a relation to Theon.

That's actually not bad, since they would want someone who

knew Winterfell to pass as Arya. She is way too old, of course. Her hair is also wrong, but that could maybe be fixed, and red-tinted hair also kind of runs in the Tully side of their gene pool. I have seen somebody (at WiC, I think) mention that maybe they would use Oonah Chaplain's character Jeyne this way, that she would sort of take over for both Jeyne Westerling and Jeyne Poole, because after the events of the RW she would be used as the fake Arya. She seems like a better fit looks-wise, but she wouldn't know the North, so couldn't answer questions if they're put to her by suspicious northmen. On the other hand, I'm not sure just how ironclad of a doppleganger the fake Arya has to be. I think she just has to be good enough up to a certain point. Even in the book with Jeyne Poole, I'm sure there would be suspicions as to whether she is the real Arya, but the Boltons would be in control of the North anyway, so marrying fake-Arya to Ramsay is sort of a pacifier for some of the people who don't want to accept Ramsay as lord. The rumors would still get around that it's not her, but it's just enough of a dampener and enough people believe it to help put out some rebellious embers. Fake-Arya/Jeyne Poole isn't an important enough of a character to mind that she's taken over by Ros (at least to me), and I guess they would need to use somebody if they keep that storyline.

That's actually not bad, since they would want someone who

knew Winterfell to pass as Arya. She is way too old, of course. Her hair is also wrong, but that could maybe be fixed, and red-tinted hair also kind of runs in the Tully side of their gene pool. I have seen somebody (at WiC, I think) mention that maybe they would use Oonah Chaplain's character Jeyne this way, that she would sort of take over for both Jeyne Westerling and Jeyne Poole, because after the events of the RW she would be used as the fake Arya. She seems like a better fit looks-wise, but she wouldn't know the North, so couldn't answer questions if they're put to her by suspicious northmen. On the other hand, I'm not sure just how ironclad of a doppleganger the fake Arya has to be. I think she just has to be good enough up to a certain point. Even in the book with Jeyne Poole, I'm sure there would be suspicions as to whether she is the real Arya, but the Boltons would be in control of the North anyway, so marrying fake-Arya to Ramsay is sort of a pacifier for some of the people who don't want to accept Ramsay as lord. The rumors would still get around that it's not her, but it's just enough of a dampener and enough people believe it to help put out some rebellious embers. Fake-Arya/Jeyne Poole isn't an important enough of a character to mind that she's taken over by Ros (at least to me), and I guess they would need to use somebody if they keep that storyline.

I can't see that happening. Besides the reasons already stated, Ros was clearly the most popular worker in Winterfell's brothel. We know nobles enjoyed her time and skills: Tyrion and Theon did it, Jon got cold feet at the last minute and very probably Robb had a taste too. With those antecedents, I think we can safely asume that some of the Starks' sworn lords paid her a visit whenever they came to Winterfell. I think she's too much of a celebrity back in the North to make that plot work.

However if the showrunners decide to stretch our suspension of belief and go for it, there's something good that can came out of it:

it would give Jeyne's rescue by Theon a more touching and romantic meaning. Book Theon would never be left speechless by Ros'question of making her his wife. He would have reply with a snark and since TV Theon gives snarking comments to everyone but her, it seems to me than is more than lust what he feels for her. The prince of the Iron Islands would never marry her, but Theon post-Reek, a man who has escaped hell and is starting to feel like a human being again, would happily welcome her. Of course they probably will be violently killed the episode after but at least they share a moment of happiness.

I can't see that happening. Besides the reasons already stated, Ros was clearly the most popular worker in Winterfell's brothel. We know nobles enjoyed her time and skills: Tyrion and Theon did it, Jon got cold feet at the last minute and very probably Robb had a taste too. With those antecedents, I think we can safely asume that some of the Starks' sworn lords paid her a visit whenever they came to Winterfell. I think she's too much of a celebrity back in the North to make that plot work.

Yeah, but as I was saying above, it doesn't have to be 100% believable.

People have seen Jeyne Poole and Arya, too. Those same lords would've seen those two girls when they came to Winterfell, though they probably wouldn't have paid them as much attention as they would've paid to adults and to a prostitute they were bedding. But these lords only would've seen Ros whenever they visited Winterfell, which would be pretty infrequent. On top of that, people just look at commoners and nobility differently. It's kind of like Eliza Doolittle; somebody who bought flowers from her when she was a flower girl wouldn't recognize her when she was in her gown for the ball. I realize that's a little different since Ros wasn't as bedraggled as Eliza was, but I think enough Northern lords didn't come back from the war, and the ones who are alive just would not have spent enough time with her (and would've last seen her several years ago, at the least), and then you add in clothes and makeup. I still think the biggest problem is just her age.

I don't really think that would work at all, mainly because Ros is simply too old for it to work.

Arya is supposed to be around 14 tops during ASOS (for the show); Ros is clearly way older. Even though a lot of Northern lords were either killed or imprisoned during the Red Wedding, Tywin still needs to somewhat reasonably pass off the fake Arya so if the tables happen to turn it's not completely obvious it's a fake. And with Ros, and even more with Jeyne Westerling (who some Northern Lords could conceivably recognize, since she was Robb's bride), it's just completely obvious that it's not Arya. And I don't believe Tywin and Littlefinger would try to pass off either one as Arya knowing that it could have really bad results further down the line.

I feel like I should point out, in a show large as GoT, "major character" can mean a lot of things. And in the context of being said about Ros, I really interpreted that quote as meaning she's simply more prevalent than the writers originally planned for her to be.

I think it's very likely that she replaced Alayaya, which personally won't bother me as much as it seems to bother others in the thread. I can understand the disappointment, but personally it's not a big deal to me that Alayaya is in the show. The one problem I find in her replacing Alayaya is that Ros works for one of Littlefinger's brothels on the show, but Chataya's isn't owned by him. Logically, if in the show Littlefinger owned Chataya's, he'd know that Tyrion went there to give patronage to Alayaya/Ros, which would blow Tyrion's cover that he is using the brothel to secretly visit Shae. Then again, I'm probably over thinking it...

Archived