Little Finger, I can't believe there are people who don't like little finger

Not actually that impressed with LF despite his cunning he seems to only ever be a force on paper and I find it difficult to see him following through on all those titles he intends to collect when the war is over.

yeah i think that's on purpose though. as long as he appears weak no one is too concerned with him.

meh, murder is a legal definition. he did kill her. i don't have any problem with it personally.

Considering that he preyed on this woman's unhappiness and vulnerabilities, deliberately led her to believe that they could have a future together, and then mercilessly discarded her when she was no longer "pliable", I have a big problem with it. That he killed her was bad enough, but the parting shot of "only Cat" was truly despicable.

Littlefinger -- I'll have to admit he's one of the villians that I can't help but like - Never fails to know the inside scoop and his scheming is several steps ahead of everyone else. Don't quite know why he carried a torch for Catelyn for so long - she's definitely much too strong a character, has too much integrity, to be a good match for him, but nonetheless, this thing with Sansa....time for him to seek out a therapist - talk about transference and covert incest!

I wouldn't have had a problem with Lysa getting the death penalty for murdering her husband and trying to kill Sansa; but the way that Littlefinger corrupted Lysa (at the very least, he advised her to kill Jon Arryn and then send the Lannister-blaming lying letter to her sister) and discarded her like so much trash fits my definition of Evil.

Littlefinger reminds me of Shakespeare's Iago, except Iago managed to corrupt a man who had been more noble than Lysa was. It could be argued that both Lysa and Othello had insecurities that facilitated their corruption by Littlefinger and Iago; but almost everyone has some emotional issues. And of course, Lysa and Othello committed murder. But would they have done so if there had not been someone they trusted at their back, lying to them and urging them to commit crimes? We don't know.

He was in a bind at that moment when he tossed Lysa. His own schemes had risen up to corner him and bite him. So he either had to admit defeat and come clean, or gather the nerve to keep going and be equal to his own ambition in this moment of truth. Did he really want it? Or was he going to chicken out? So he put on his superhero cape and became Amoral Man in order to reduce things to a simple choice: Lysa or Sansa. Who would you do? Who would you keep? Whom to toss? By whom would he rather be tossed later on in bed, once her young nubile self had grown to accept him more completely?

Normal people put limits on what they're willing to do to support their own ambition. What we'd call 'refraining from evil acts' would be called 'giving up' by Petyr. In the NFL, if you're not cheating you're not trying. Pete's willing to go further into the cheating zone than anybody with a conscience is willing to follow. So the result is everybody else drops out of the race at some point and there he is still plugging along as the winner by default. Or in his case, the winner by fault.

Archived