Little Finger, I can't believe there are people who don't like little finger

Whoopsie. Fixing original.

And what do you mean he didn't do that? Jeyne has whipmarks on her back and says that she has been "trained" for sex. "Shipping her off to his whorehouse" is in fact human trafficking (kidnapping, rape, assault). He knew perfectly well what would be done to her there and he is fully responsible.

OK... he sent her to one of his whore houses. What else was going to happen to her after her family is killed and Sansa held hostage? Is that really any different than Varys sending Gentry to the Night's Watch? I don't think he had any plans to send her to Ramsey, he just hides her. And 9/10 times if little finger is hiding someone its going to be in a whorehouse.

OK... he sent her to one of his whore houses. What else was going to happen to her after her family is killed and Sansa held hostage? Is that really any different than Varys sending Gentry to the Night's Watch? I don't think he had any plans to send her to Ramsey, he just hides her. And 9/10 times if little finger is hiding someone its going to be in a whorehouse.

You can't possibly be serious. You don't see anything different between forcing a child into sexual slavery, between training a child as a prostitute and permanently scarring her through beatings, and sending Gendry to the NW? And he did not just hide her, he had her trained on "how to please a man" (meaning: raped) and horribly beaten.

You just can't be serious; I refuse to believe anyone could say this and be serious. :bawl:

OK... he sent her to one of his whore houses. What else was going to happen to her after her family is killed and Sansa held hostage? Is that really any different than Varys sending Gentry to the Night's Watch?

Yes! The NW sucks but it is not the same as a young girl being forced into prostitution.

He wasn't just hiding her there, though. She wasn't being sent there because it was a "safe" place for her to lie low for a while. She was an 11-year-old girl who was sent there to be trained as a prostitute, and Littlefinger is directly responsible for that.

ETA: Nevermind, Alexia and Onion beat me to it.

The advancement he achieves is from commoner to Knight to Lord to Hand of the King. We can assume that he has lost his lands but he will have that and more if Stannis wins the Throne. LF has become Lord Paramount of the Trident, but he will only keep that status if the Lannisters hold the throne- the Riverlords are definitely not going to bow to him without the Crown backing that claim. He has become Lord Protector of the Vale, but this only holds as long he is able to keep the support of Lords of the Vale. He has Sansa, who knows what exactly he is planning for her but he can only control the North through her so long as he keeps Sansa's support and the support of the Lords of the North. So basically both Davos and LF have risen very high but will only sustain their status if they ultimately win. Davos has risen from a lower position (commoner) than LF started with to a higher position (Hand of the King) than LF has yet achieved. True, ultimately he could lose that position, but so too could Littlefinger lose his position.

I agree Littlefinger is a very interesting and well written character, and he has clearly risen to greatness in Westerosi terms. But I don't really 'like' him and I do like Davos because Davos has risen to greatness while keeping his goodness.

With one difference: Davos will most likely live happiely if any of the good better contesters for the throne wins, as he was loyal to his lord and is a honest man, any truth told about him will only get him the admiration of people like Barristan, and even with the Lannisters he would have a chance to survive and live a simple life with his wife and remaining children. However, if the truth about LF comes out (and it will, Oh god it WILL), than LF would be dead. No matter who holds the Iron Throne.

Yes! The NW sucks but it is not the same as a young girl being forced into prostitution.

Yeah... they don't behead you when you leave a brothel.

Jeyne Poole get's off easy [no brothel pun intended]. Compared to what happens to the other members of the Stark family, let alone their household or 99% of the other folk both small and large. She's lucky she didn't end up on a spike next to the Septon or left back at Winterfell when Ramsey took the castle. And none of that is really Little Fingers' fault its just a by product of the mid-evil setting.

Apparently they whip you just for being in it. Nothing like that in the NW.

Jeyne Poole get's off easy [no brothel pun intended]. Compared to what happens to the other members of the Stark family, let alone their household or 99% of the other folk both small and large. She's lucky she didn't end up on a spike next to the Septon or left back at Winterfell when Ramsey took the castle. And none of that is really Little Fingers' fault its just a by product of the mid-evil setting.

WTF ? She has suffered as much if not more than any of the Stark kids / household. She's been repeatedly beaten and raped (including by dogs apparently), and even when she escaped she broke a couple ribs and lost her nose to frostbite. And since she is now Ramsay's wife pretty much everything the other inhabitants of the castle suffered she has to endure on a daily basis.

He wasn't just hiding her there, though. She wasn't being sent there because it was a "safe" place for her to lie low for a while. She was an 11-year-old girl who was sent there to be trained as a prostitute, and Littlefinger is directly responsible for that.

ETA: Nevermind, Alexia and Onion beat me to it.

Why can't it be both? She was definitely sent there to be a prostitute. (What do u think is happening to all the other orphans from the war?) She's also about the only Stark retainer to make it out of Kings Landing alive.

I can't understand how being forced to become a prostitute and the being married to a cruel monster is "getting off easy", and saying that LF has no fault for what happens to her is lying, because on her own maybe she would have had the same destiny or she would have die, but LF sent her to a brothel and made her assumae Arya's identity, so what happened to Jeyne IS HIS FAULT

WTF ? She has suffered as much if not more than any of the Stark kids / household. She's been repeatedly beaten and raped (including by dogs apparently), and even when she escaped she broke a couple ribs and lost her nose to frostbite. And since she is now Ramsay's wife pretty much everything the other inhabitants of the castle suffered she has to endure on a daily basis.

thats what you get for calling my girl horseface

Whoopsie. Fixing original.

And what do you mean he didn't do that? Jeyne has whipmarks on her back and says that she has been "trained" for sex. "Shipping her off to his whorehouse" is in fact human trafficking (kidnapping, rape, assault). He knew perfectly well what would be done to her there and he is fully responsible.

As far as I am concerned this has never happened, please use spoiler tags for info revealed in the Winds of Winter.

Littlefinger is the embodiment of corruption. He plays the equivalent role of Wall Street in modern American politics. The American love affair with "Greed is Good" has now led to economic decline of the United States. Just as Littlefinger's corruption greatly contributed to the decline of King Robert's Reign. Nothing special about this. This has happened over and over in world history.

The Founding Fathers of the United States were extremely honest men. For example, when Charles Talleyrand (a perfect personality match for Littlefinger), the French Ambassador under Napoleon requested a bribe from the United States he was immediately sent back to Paris by the honest Americans.

In Chinese history, each new Imperial Dynasty is started by competent and honest leaders. Over time, corruption seeps into the system and eventually overwhelms the system making completely disfunctional. This results in revolution and the forming of a new Imperial Dynasty under new competent and honest leaders. This happens in Western history also and more recently it has occurred in places like Egypt, Libya, etc.

She's also about the only Stark retainer to make it out of Kings Landing alive.

Many would think death was better than what Jeyne went through. Seriously, stop trying to make it sound like Littlefinger did her a favor by forcing her into prostitution. Because he did not.

thats what you get for calling my girl horseface

Even if you're joking, that's a really shitty thing to say. Arya was the one who actually had to endure being called Horseface, and I bet she'd be the first to judge the hell out of anyone who laughed about Jeyne supposedly "getting what she deserved."

first of all, I'm not counting the Ramsey shit that's on Roose, Ramsey and Tywin...mostly Roose. That's not anymore Little Finger's fault than it is Jamie's fault that Tyrion ends up in slavery.

Arya almost gets burned to death, and tortured and kidnapped lord only knows how many times. Sansa gets basically exactly what Jeynes gets except Tyrion is too nice actually sleep with her. Bran gets thrown out a windows and tracked throw a frozen wasted land where Wytes almost kill him. They probably made soup out of Rickon on Skagos. (j/k i'm sure he's gonna grow up to be totally normal)

Archived