septa lemore is ashara dayne.

Aurane Lannister

Yes, No conclusive evidence though. Some time ago there was another thread about your question, with a brilliant catch by a boarder who connected the name Lemore to the character in the book that was the source for the movie Vertigo. About a lady who supposedly jumped from a tower ...

Wikipedia: <The screenplay was written by Alec Coppel and Samuel A. Taylor, based on the 1954 novel D'entre les morts by Boileau-Narcejac.> les morts ... lemore

can i assume that i'm one of the first to get this? Btw she has the stretch marks too.

If you type 'septa lemore ashara dayne' in the search window you will find several threads. Not everyone on this forum believes Septa lemore = Ashara Dayne, though. There are other contenders :D

This fits totally with my theory about Daario who I think is the son of Aerys II I mean think about it. Aegon has hair dyed blue, and so does Daario. Daario is the right age to be the son of Aerys he's about Jaime's age form what we know. If Septa Lenore is Ashara Dayne and is in Essos then why couldn't there be more children of Aerys in Essos, we know he slept with lots of people's wives. Maybe GRRM has some more surprises in store for us ;)

I admit that it's a possibility but a few things bother me. Purple eyes are a valyrian trait, and in Westeros, only families that have married in with the Targs express this trait.

Lemore is Westerosi by our current knowledge.

If Lemore is Ashara then Lemore has purple eyes.

Given the rarity of purple eyes among Westerosis, and their direct link to Targ lineage, why does NOONE including Tyrion remark how effing odd it is for a random Westerosi Septa to have purple eyes?

Given all of the huge huge huge implications of this eye-color among people of Westeros, and the scant handful of people/families who would have members with this trait, how can anyone just ignore, take for granted, or dismiss this in their POV, and if they do, how can this in any way be realistic??

My first thought upon reading ADWD was that Septa Lemore was Tyene Sand's mother, but I'd prefer it if she turned out to be Ashara. There's a case for it, but it definitely has some weaknesses. The purple eyes issue that Revenge of the Starks mentioned, for example.

I admit that it's a possibility but a few things bother me. Purple eyes are a valyrian trait, and in Westeros, only families that have married in with the Targs express this trait.

Lemore is Westerosi by our current knowledge.

If Lemore is Ashara then Lemore has purple eyes.

Given the rarity of purple eyes among Westerosis, and their direct link to Targ lineage, why does NOONE including Tyrion remark how effing odd it is for a random Westerosi Septa to have purple eyes?

Given all of the huge huge huge implications of this eye-color among people of Westeros, and the scant handful of people/families who would have members with this trait, how can anyone just ignore, take for granted, or dismiss this in their POV, and if they do, how can this in any way be realistic??

The purple eyes actually aren't a strictly Valyrian trait. The Daynes aren't of Valyrian descent, as far as I know.

Also, Tyrion doesn't mention her eye color at all. For one, he's much too busy staring at her other parts. And besides, perhaps they just look a darker blue in the morning sunlight and not very remarkable.

I support this idea mostly because of its dramatic potential. :)

Not only would Ashara being alive allow us to finally figure out what happened with Ned/Ashara (if anything), but the revelation that Barristan was also in love with her could lead to a really unexpected betrayal scenario for Daenerys. If anything could cause Dany to snap, I think it would be Barristan of all people abandoning her cause...

From the first time we ever heard of her, I never believed that Ashara Dayne was dead. The story of her suicide was one of those things that was repeated just a little too often for my liking (same with the story that Aegon had his brains dashed against the wall). I've been looking for Ashara and fully expecting her to turn up, so when I met Lemore I went "aha, there you are Ashara!". There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Lemore is Ashara.

Yes, No conclusive evidence though. Some time ago there was another thread about your question, with a brilliant catch by a boarder who connected the name Lemore to the character in the book that was the source for the movie Vertigo. About a lady who supposedly jumped from a tower ...

Wikipedia: <The screenplay was written by Alec Coppel and Samuel A. Taylor, based on the 1954 novel D'entre les morts by Boileau-Narcejac.> les morts ... lemore

Oh Thank you! I was about to repeat my finding in this thread. And we know that GRRM likes Hitchcock.

What is the proof for this? I've gone back and looked at the couple of chapters that she is in and they didn't give a good description of her, the only clue that we get is that Connington thinks of her as Lady Lemore, indicating that she might be highborn. I guess the whole Hitchcock thing is interesting.

There are things that don't quite fit. Purple eyes are quite a striking feature no matter nice her brreasts are and I imagined she would be about the same age as Eddard which makes Lemore a bit old. She would be however someone who could vouch for Aegon's identity so her being Ashara as one of Elia's ladies-in-waiting would fit.

Archived