Ruining it for yourself.

Ser Barristan BadAss

How many times have you ruined the plot for yourself? So many times I've gone to look up after thinking 'wait, what, who is that?' Then finding out something I didn't want to know arghh. I've just found out about:

something that happens to a certain brother of the Night's Watch :(

I knew about Joffrey and Tywin's death in the last book from COK (Read it on the internet, didn't mean to!)

I've ruined countless other parts of the story too.

I never knew about the deaths of Renly and Robb, and when it came WOW was it an incredible twist. (By the way that doesn't need spoilers does it? Happened in the last book and second)

So I just wanted to know how many of you out there have ruined parts of the story for yourselves?

Ahhhhhh! hehe All the time!!!

I accidentally read about Cat's and Robb's death! That was by far the worst one... But in a way it made it more tense to read it knowing the outcome...

I also read that Tywin would die, but his death was surprising anyway, cause I didn't know how it would happen.

Another one: I had just finished aSoS, only the epilogue missing... but I really wanted to discuss about Lisa and Littlefinger, and ended-up finding out about zombie-Cat! So pissed! hahaha It was SO close!

I have tried to be more careful with aFFC. So far haven't spoiled anything.

I ruined more stuff when I joined this board especially by going into the General section. If I had stuck to the individual book threads, I probably would have been safe especially when it came to ADWD and certain, um, characters. I ruined stuff to myself by looking to see who had chapters coming up. If I thought someone was dead, I'd flip through that particular book to see if they had any more chapters because I couldn't believe it. Argh!

I got spoiled about Joff's death (not how it happened, just that he died.) because I met a boy who was reading ADWD, and I said "Oh, I doubt I'll ever get a chance to read the books, please tell me Joffrey dies!" "He does." "Whew!"

Also:

Accidently got spoiled about Arya going blind.

I've decided that no more internets for me!

I don't want anything in ADWD to be spoiled :(

Allright. I said I was never spoiled. Well, I'm spoiled now for the first time. Found out who is in the epilogue of A Dance with Dragons. That probably says enough about the things happening with the character.

I got spoiled about Tyrion killing Tywin, about Jaime being crippled, Eddard Stark's death, Catleyn's death and resurection, and worst of all, I got spoiled while reading GOT about the death which I think you are talking about.. At least I wasn't spoiled about the RW.

I read things about a few deaths too. Now I try to avoid it but as they'va all been killed, I don't know who's gonna die next but hope to read it in the book not online! Still, I like having some spoilers, it gets me excited to see how and when it happens!

jessalyn

Just spoiled that for me haha! My own fault, being too reckless with the spoiler tabs

Hells bells. Will the tragedy tat befalls every Stark just stop! In fact don't answer that :)

Same here! :S

It's my fault, but it helps if you write to which book (and better, to which part of the book) the spoiler refers to...

I'm "lucky" in that spoilers don't bug me much, it's the journey I enjoy rather than the surprise. The Red Wedding was still devastating despite my knowing the outcome, just as Joffs wedding and Tywin's denouement were truly joyous occasions. I'm someone who likes to revisit books and films anyway, it's more about picking up the finer details and reading between the lines.

But we'll all be in the same boat come Winds of Winter/Dream of Spring, unless someone speed reads it and jumps on the wiki

All...the...freaking...time!!! Sometimes I want to know whose POV is coming up or other random things, so I flip ahead and regret it. It turns out to be "NO, I did NOT just see that!!" Like in the last book. I wanted to read GRRM's letter, then saw that Catelyn was not, ifact, as dead as he made us think. Then I got on to the Wiki and wanted to hit myself over the head with a pan to forget what I'd seen of some character's outcomes. I found Robb was going to die, then Joffrey, ruined Bran's warging (yes, that's officially a word now haha), and some other things. I told my friend who reads with me that if she sees me flipping to ANYthing but the back appendix or previous chapters, she can yank the book out of my hands and whack me on the head with it. I am so sick of my own spoilers! :bang:

Same here! :S

It's my fault, but it helps if you write to which book (and better, to which part of the book) the spoiler refers to...

Sorry, in book forums I tag spoilers that are of that book and beyond. Because again, I don't know how far people are, etc. I know everyone has their own methods! Sorry! :(

Archived