You are left in Westeros all alone...

Cap Ou Pas Cap

Since I'm an accountant I think I'll be of great help to the Iron Bank or to some rich lord.

Alternatively I take ninjutsu lessons so I could try to become a FM. I'm still novice though so I doubt this will work out.

Microbiologist here, I could teach them quite a few things. Biological warfare, Penicillin, a ton of new sterilization techniques, hell even microscopes if they dont have those yet and a bunch of basic scientific processes. I understand how engines, guns, electricity, and airplanes work, but I could probably never construct any of it ever. I would make my way directly to Oldtown and the citadel to become a superstar.

So, you'd go to Myr to get the necessary components, especially glass, cause a huge uproar, get the attention of the Maesters, then sit down at a table, crack your knuckles, and make a microscope as they watch in awe.

I think I could be a forest's witch. I could go to Selyse before Melisandre's arrival, befriend her and support her and her husband, give them good advice.

Or I could go to King's Landing and beat some sense in Robert's head, but I am not sure I would win. Or I would die before trying, I don't know...

I'll be reasonable here.

So I wake up in a village in the Riverlands, with nothing but the clothes on my back while the innkeeper kicks me out for not having any more cash. I would make my way to Jaime by stealing a horse and sleeping in the particular comfy parts to settle down when night falls and stealing food from gardens. I would then inform Jaime about who really killed Joffrey, explaining all of Petyr Baelish's plot to him and relieving him from the thought of his brother doing it. in gratitude, I would expect an opportunity to wash myself, get clean clothes, a hot meal, a warm place to sleep forthe night, and a decent amount of money. Jaime would obviously ask how I knew this, and he would test to see if I'm informed on King's Landing and its politics. I would answer each question in truth to gain his trust, then we would set out in a small detachment and head towards the Vale, since that was where Brienne was heading for Sansa anyways, and I confirm that Sansa is with Littlefinger. We get passed the Bloody Gate and there are knights and noblemen of the Vale surrounding us, and I realize that we arrived during Sansa's wedding to Harrold Hardying, and that Robert Arryn 'died in a particularly nasty seizure' in his sleep. Brienne would only want to get to Sansa, but Jaime will be wanting to take Littlefinger into custody. As the Direwolf cloak is revealed, everyone except for me is in shock. Sansa gives a very stirring speech on the death of her family and the Bolton-Frey occupation in the North. Realizing what she's implying to do, Jaime slowly walks out the back and Brienne meets with Sansa after the wedding is over. Most lords of the Vale are answering Sansa and Harrold's summons, and I disappear from all of Jaime's knowledge. I inform Littlefinger in secret most everything about the position of the North, Lannisters, Freys, Tyrells, Aegon's invasion, and of most immediate import, that Jaime is on the high east road, trying to get the news to the rest of the Lannisters. He dispatches five Knights to return him, and we execute Jaime. Harrold raises me to the title of lord, to be continued...

Go to Braavos, learn the art of assassinating from the FM, then go back to Westeros, and kill all the 'kings', and higher lords, and dickish people, so no one knows what to do and who should rule, and enjoy the ensuing chaos. When ever it looks like a new king is rising, take him out.

Edit: Then make Westeros a representative democracy.

You are transported to Westeros and left there for good. Nobody knows you. Your skills are those you have learned in this life.

How would you make a living? Would you survive at all?

I have my answer, but will hold it for some time. Guests have the right to talk first.

If you not good with languages, and supposing George's parallel universe world's Common tongue is not English , you are probably screwed.

If you are good a learning languages by ear... might make it.

If you are as clever as Martin Padway in L. Sprague de Camp's extraordinary novel Lest Darkness Fall , you invent the printing press and bring the dark ages to an end.

(Yes I know there are books, but SOIAF seems to have such primitive technology that I figure all these books are made by Copyists.)

good idea for a thread!

With my degree(s) I'd be either a maester or advisor to some high lord, even if psychologists don't exist in Westeros

With my reservist training and history nerdyness I'd end up in someone's army organising, training and advising whoever's in charge about tactics

and going by my day job I'd be helping out with some mummer's show.

All together this means I'd probably be Roose assistant/advisor, or helping the Griff's

I work at a recreation department so i'd be useless. I doubt westoros would be interested in my youth basketball league

I think i would try to be in the household guard of a decent house and use my knowledge of all land and influential players to work my way to the top relatively quickley. I honestly think i'd do alright in a sword fight for some reason, so that could either lead me to a quick death or maybe some notoriety

I would give book 3 to Robb, and force him to read it.

Best answer ever. Hands down xD

I would just help out all the characters I like and keep them alive.

That's sort of what I was thinking too. I think I would go find Arya and try to befriend her.

BUT, if I was suddenly dropped into the BEGINNING of the series, then the obvious answer would be to stop Ned from becoming the Hand. By pretending to be a fortune teller perhaps? Or a witch! I've always wanted to be a witch as much as Sam wanted to be a wizard xP

I'd pull an L Ron Hubbard and create a false religion to make a crazy amount of gold, mix in some science from our world with some bullshit rituals, have the competition killed to expand my control of the field, and then die a rich old man with a beautiful man in his twenties at my side.

Archived