Dragonsteel is not Valaryan Steel.

Fire

Iron

Coal

Hammer and Anvil

A blacksmith

It's what's needed to forge a sword

All the valyrian swords were crafted by blacksmiths with just fire

Dragonsteel is forged with the fire of dragons , magic fire ! R'lor's fire !!!!

There's speculation that dragon fire is needed to forge Valyrian Steel.

IIRC the the Valyrian steel dagger that was used in an attempt to kill Bran had a dragonbone handle. If dragon bone made for good blades why not just make the whole thing from a bone?

IIRC dragonbone is only used for bows and handles

I like the guy who points out that not only does dragonsteal predate Valyria, and so can't be Valyrian steel, but it also predates regular steel. Iron didn't show up until the Andals invaded, so how is an entire bronze-based society able to have a word for steal?

Also, just to throw this out there, we have a sword in Westeros already that is similar to Valyrian steal, yet predates Valyria, and has a title with obvious connections to the long night. Dawn.

I like the guy who points out that not only does dragonsteal predate Valyria, and so can't be Valyrian steel, but it also predates regular steel. Iron didn't show up until the Andals invaded, so how is an entire bronze-based society able to have a word for steal?

Also, just to throw this out there, we have a sword in Westeros already that is similar to Valyrian steal, yet predates Valyria, and has a title with obvious connections to the long night. Dawn.

Dawn seems to be the obvious, literal Lightbringer imho.

Dawn must be Lightbringer then.

Yes. Now how are we going to get it? Pick it up, have it delivered? By whom?

House Dayne probably know about R+L=J, so they might take it to Jon if Rhaegar told them about AAR/TPTWP and they know that Dawn is the original Lightbringer. Or maybe someone else who knows will go and collect Dawn and take it to Jon.

House Dayne probably know about R+L=J, so they might take it to Jon if Rhaegar told them about AAR/TPTWP and they know that Dawn is the original Lightbringer. Or maybe someone else who knows will go and collect Dawn and take it to Jon.

Yes, they might now. And wow, we've really not heard of House Dayne at all, right? Only the Martells are mentioned as some form of players, but the Daynes appear to be keeping to themselves? (Haven't read book 4 and 5 yet.)

I wonder if the Red Sword of Heroes, if it was indeed red, deactivated (lost its redness/cooled down) after the Others went into hibernation, and with them being up and about again, is charging up once more?

If I remember correctly, Dawn is a two-handed greatsword? Is it easy to fight with? The bastard sword was never Jon's favourite sword, I think, but that gift might have prepared him for Dawn?

If Dawn is Lightbringer, and Jon is AAR (as you seem to vehemently believe), then Jon must be the child of Ashara & Ned/Brandon/Benjen.

Dawn could be Lightbringer and the original Azor Ahai and he could have passed it down to a son or a friend to keep safe until he returns. Jon is AAR so Dawn is waiting for him.

If Dawn is Lightbringer, and Jon is AAR (as you seem to vehemently believe), then Jon must be the child of Ashara & Ned/Brandon/Benjen.

Really? I've never heard of this 'people burst into flames and so die a horrible death if they dare to touch Dawn and they're not of Dayne blood'. Where is it in the text? Can you please be so kind as to point that out? Thanks!

Yes, they might now. And wow, we've really not heard of House Dayne at all, right? Only the Martells are mentioned as some form of players, but the Daynes appear to be keeping to themselves? (Haven't read book 4 and 5 yet.)

I wonder if the Red Sword of Heroes, if it was indeed red, deactivated (lost its redness/cooled down) after the Others went into hibernation, and with them being up and about again, is charging up once more?

If I remember correctly, Dawn is a two-handed greatsword? Is it easy to fight with? The bastard sword was never Jon's favourite sword, I think, but that gift might have prepared him for Dawn?

Yes it's a two-handed greatsword but Dawn is said to be as light and as sharp as Valyrian Steel, and it's also in a First Men house so they would have had it after The Long Night.

Really? I've never heard of this 'people burst into flames and so die a horrible death if they dare to touch Dawn and they're not of Dayne blood'. Where is it in the text? Can you please be so kind as to point that out? Thanks!

anybody could theoretically wield it, but if anybody but The Sword Of The Morning wielded it, it would just be like a normal greatsword.

Archived