Status Report

Selmy's Suspicions

I would be surprised if Westerling is pregnant. There was a lot of emphasis on her mother forcing her to drink moon tea. Her storyline may not be over though.

That's what I'm thinking, especially when several people mentioned that Maggy the Frog of Cersei's nightmares is Sybell's mother/Jeyne's grandmother. I think that will come into play somehow.

(Hi, I'm new here. Is there a thread for "things we think will happen" and/or "things we'd really like to see happen, unlikely or not"? Similar to this one where it's not particularly connected to one story line/subject, e.g. "who will be sitting on the Iron Throne?" Thanks!)

The author seems to feel that he's dead...

I thought he'd been ambigous about it..BUT..even if he actually said "Syrio Forel is dead " outright..the riddle remains , since if Syrio was a faceless man , the original Syrio would all but certainly have been dead before the first book began. ;)

..and we know George loves to tease , create riddles ,and all that good stuff.

Awesome thread, great job everyone!

I've consolidated most of your updates. Thanks again!!

Davos is somewhere in the north, looking for Rickon.

Jaime and Brienne are someone in the Riverlands, either dying or betraying each other or looking for the Stark girls.

Stannis is just a few miles from Winterfell with his army, snowbound, and also has Asha as his captive.

Theon is also with Stannis as his captive.

Jon may or may not be dead, warging, or resurrecting.

Ramsay and Roose are still in control of Winterfell, if Ramsay's letter is to be believed, and Mance is in a cage, captive.

Arya is in the house of the Many-Faced God, learning how to be an assassin. Her direwolf Nymeria is leading a pack wild in the Riverlands.

Sansa is in the Vale, learning politics and intrigue from Littlefinger, who's a seriously creepy guy.

Tyrion has joined the Second Sons just outside of Meereen (and hopefully is on his way to join Dany).

Dany is riding Drogon in the Dothraki sea and may or may not have acquired a whole new Dothraki army.

Bran is learning how to be a greenseer and may or may not stay there for the rest of his life. He also may or may not be learning to communicate through the trees and warg into other animals others than Summer.

Summer is with Bran, as are the Greywatch brother and sister.

Rickon is somewhere in the north (possibly Skagos -sp?) with Osha, as far as we know. Shaggydog is also with him as far as we know.

Cersei is in King's Landing, waiting for her trial along with her daughter-in-law, Margaery.

Tommen is also in King's Landing, soon to be joined by Myrcella, (I believe).

Prince of Dorne, Doran Martell, is in Dorne, waiting for his elder son Quentyn to come back with Dany from Essos.

Tysha is wherever whores go.

Prince of Dorne's elder son, Quentyn Martell, is dead in Essos, killed in a horrific way by a dragon (which was his own fault but we still feel bad for him as he was a good guy).

Ser Barristan Selmy is in Meereen, maneuvering Dany's allies into battle formation to take down Dany's enemies, the slavers. Barristan is also holding Dany's husband, Hizdahr, captive for treason.

Syrio Forrel may or may not be alive after battling Meryn Trant.

Tormund Giantsbane is leading a ranging to save wildlings.

Janos Slynt is beheaded by Jon Snow. And he deserved every bit of it.

Rattleshirt died as a Mance clone.

Zombie Catelyn (Stoneheart) is in the Riverlands, acting as Judge, Jury, and Executioner of any Freys and Lannisters she can get her hands on.

Horrible Red Woman (Melisandre) is in Castle Black, trying desperately to get in Jon's pants.

Stannis's wife is in Castle Black also, trying to screw things up for Jon. Shireen is with her but seems to be innocent of all the screwing up for now, except for a nasty case of greyscale.

Sam is in the Citadel having revealed the news that Dany is alive and has Dragons.

Jaquen may or may not be in the Citadel, pretending to be one of the novices and under some secret mission.

Maester Aemon is dead as is Kevan Lannister.

Victarion is approaching Meereen with his fleet of over fifty ships.

Crows Eye is raiding somewhere in the south of Westeros.

The Knight of Flowers may or may not be dying of his wounds received at the siege of Dragonstone.

The Sand Snakes are on their way to King's Landing.

Jeyne Poole (pretending to be Arya) should be with Stannis and Theon. She's not in Winterfell because Ramsay was looking for her in his letter to Jon, if the letter can be believed.

Jorah Mormont is w/ Tyrion.

Lord Varys (the Spider) is the mother-fuking man.

Prince Aegon is in Westeros w/ Ser Jon Connington, who has retaken his castle.

Sandor Clegane may be at the Quiet Isle. Or he's dead.

Ser Balon Swann and Obara Sand are searching for Darkstar in the Dornish Marches.

Archmaester Marwyn is on his way to Slaver's Bay.

Cotter Pyke is at Hardhome, fighting off the storms, wights and starving wildlings.

Benjen Stark is still missing north of the Wall.

So is Tyrek Lannister, but in KL.

Gendry is at the Inn of the Crossroads. Edric Dayne is not.

Edmure Tully is on his way to Casterly Rock, alongside Jeyne Westerling and her family.

Bryden Tully is missing in the Riverlands.

Gregor Clegane is most likely a zombie named Ser Robert Strong, about to fight a trial by combat for Cersei.

Almost everyone is supposedly either Azor Ahai, The Prince That Was Promised, or someone else that's supposed to save the world from stuff. Main candidates are: Aegon Targaryen/Blackfyre/Mopatis/something-or-other, Jon Snow/Targaryen, Daenerys Targaryen, and Stannis Baratheon (except that his sword is just really shiny, not made of fire).

Littlefinger is up in the Vale, scheming and plotting but no one knows to what end. All we know for certain is that Sansa's in his plan somewhere and she's incognito in the role of his daughter until that plan comes to pass. And we know for certain that he's a pervert.

Illyrio is still in Pentos, plotting probably.

The Tattered Prince still wants Pentos, and has been promised it in return for aiding Barristan.

Daario, Hero, and Jhogo are still prisoners of the Yunkish, or dead.

Meereen is being bombarded by corpses (which may or may not be disease ridden, and may or may not be the aforementioned prisoners).

Balon Swann is hunting Darkstar with one of the Sand Snakes.

The Braavosi banker is with Stannis.

The Freys are getting killed left and right. And it is glorious.

Also, words are still wind. And Tyrion still doesn't know where whores go.

Aurane Waters has run off with all of Cersei's ships. He is headed to not-dead Ser Loras on Dragonstone or Dany in Meereen or Real/Fake Aegon (wherever he is).

Cotter Pike is stranded at Hardhome, surrounded by wildlings and wights. Situation doubtful.

Gilly was last seen in Oldtown, and is expected to join the Tarly household with Mance Rayder's son.

Ser Bronn is now the Lord Stokeworth.

Lancel Lannister remains in Darry and has joined the Warrior's Sons.

Raff the Sweetling and Ilyn Payne were last seen in the Riverlands with Jaime Lannister; Meryn Trant remains in King's Landing with Queen Cersei. Dunsen's whereabouts are unknown.

Benjen Stark may or may not be dead, may or may not be Coldhands.

Ser Alliser Thorne may or may not be dead.

Looking at this list, it makes me sad to realize how little I care about anyone listed after Tommen. In terms of resolution, I would really not care what happens to a siginificant majority of the list, espcially anything related to Dorn. My secret hope is the top of the list gets summoned by Branbloodraven to north of the Wall (including the King/General/Dictator of the Others and Drogo) to fight in a Hunger Games style battle with the winner getting to wake up and realize the whole story has been a dream of Branbloodraven since he was pushed out of the tower.

Also where is Coldhands? Is he still near the Yodabloodraven tree fort-cave?

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy(?) hypothesis:

Mance may be freely roaming about Winterfell after posing as Bolton and authoring the Pink Letter.

1) Mance was incredibly cunning; with the current state of Winterfell, I wouldn't be surprised if he were able to work his bardic magic, turn a few ears (and perhaps swords along with them).

2) Jon's got his wife. And his men. Now that Mance sees what's going on in Westeros, he may very well have much grander plans than holing up in a few northern towns for the Winter...

3) Mance has beef with Stannis (or at least he ought to) seeing as Stannis wanted him dead. If he could convince Jon to bring the wildling forces to Winterfell, Mance might be able to get past Stannis, too...

So it doesn't sound that crazy. And I don't know anyone who's debated this yet, so please do let me know if this is (old, refuted) territory.

Imma just make my own list, and add some things from the chapters GRRM has read to an audience (Tyrion I, Arianne II, Victarion I, Theon I) so spoiler alert if you do not wanna get spoiled to those ;).

Davos Seaworth is somewhere in the Shivering Sea, on his way to Skagos.

Bran Stark is beyond the wall, learning to become the chief greenseer.

Benjen Stark is lost beyond the wall, might be alive.

Jon Snow is maybe dead at Castle Black.

Melisandre, Selyse and Shireen are also at Castle Black.

Tormund Giantsbane might have departed for Hardhome to save the wildlings, and Night's Watch, there. Though he will not be happy with Jon Snow assassinated.

Stannis, Asha and Theon are all in the camp, just north of Winterfell.

Justin Massey, Tycho Nestoris and Jeyne Poole are on their way to Eastwartch, and from there to Braavos.

Mors Umber is only feet away from the walls of Winterfell, pretending to be Stannis besieging.

Roose Bolton, Ramsay Snow and other northern lords are inside Winterfell, waiting for Stannis.

Wyman Manderly is probably eating something.

Howland Reed might be thinking about the move he is almost bound to do.

Walder Frey is growing older. Enjoying his shrinking family.

Jaime Lannister and Brienne of Tarth are somewhere in the riverlands.

Brynden Blackfish is hiding, plotting, in the riverlands.

Edmure Tully is on his way to Casterly Rock, as a hostage.

Riverrun is under Lannister control.

In King's Landing Margaery and Cersei are awaiting their trials, and Kevan and Pycelle are dead.

On Dragonstone, Loras might be recovering, or dying, from his wounds.

In the stormlands, Aegon has taken Storm's End and Randyll Tarly is on his way to take it back.

Nym and Tyene are on their way to King's Landing, to claim a seat on the small council and spy on the Lannisters.

Arianne Martell is on her way to Storm's End to see the dragon, and to offer to marry him.

Willas Tyrell is in Highgarden, doing the Seven knows what.

Garlan Tyrell is in Brighwater Keep, fighting against the ironmen who are raiding from the Shields.

Euron Greyjoy is unknown where he is, he might be leading raids, or he might be with Victarion, hidden.

Aeron Damphair is somewhere in the Iron Islands, maybe plotting for Victarion to the Seastone Chair.

Samwell and Jaqen H'ghar are probably in Oldtown, forging links and maybe stealing a book. Who knows?

Prince Doran is plotting for a way to put a Targaryen on the Iron Throne.

Obara and Balon Swann are hunting after the Darkstar, to avenge Myrcella, who is on her way to King's Landing.

Gerion Lannister is lost somewhere in the East.

Archmaester Marwyn is on his way east, to Daenerys.

Victarion Greyjoy is assaulting Slaver's Bay.

A huge Volantene fleet is on its way to Meereen, to punish Daenerys for stopping slavery.

Moqorro is with Victarion, leading him to victory.

Barristan is leading Meereen in Daenerys' absence. They are plotting to attack the Yunkish troops.

Tyrion and Brown Ben Plumm are planning to save Jhogo, Daario and Hero from the Yunkish. And then switch sides, once again. Jorah is with them.

The Wise Masters of Yunkai are hurling bodies, ridden by the pale mare, into Meereen, as a punishment for taking Hizdahr and not killing the dragons.

Viserion and Rhaegal are loose, and eat whatever they can find.

Daenerys and Drogon are with the Dothraki Khal Jhaqo. Maybe they are planning to relieve Meereen.

That should be about it, apologies if I have forgotten something, I wrote it from memory.

Archived