Status Report

Selmy's Suspicions

Sarella Sand of the Sand Snakes is undercover at the Citadel as a fellow named Alleras for reasons yet unknown.

The Faceless Men may or may not be trying to take over the world.

Bryndyn Rivers a.k.a. Bloodraven, one of the Great Bastards is 99.9% sure tutoring Bran Stark in working his magicks.

Jojen Reed may or may not have been mushed with some weirwood seeds into some bloody paste that Bran ate.

Aegon might be Rhaegar's son, might by Illyrio and Serra's son, might be descended from Aerion "Brightflame" Targaryen or Shiera Seastar. Hell, he might just be some random Valyrian kid Varys found somewhere in Essos. Most reckon he's a Blackfyre of some sorts.

Jon Snow is probably the (il)legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, possibly the son of Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne, possibly the son of Ned Stark and Wylla something-or-other.

Ashara Dayne may or may not have committed suicide way back in the day.

Septa Lemore may or may not be Ashara Dayne.

Ned and/or Brandon Stark may or may not have been in love with and had a child with Ashara Dayne.

Dany may or may not be able to have babies again. She either had a miscarriage, her period, or some kind of STD from Dario that caused her uterus to bleed.

Pod Payne may or may not have been hanged by UnCat and the BwB.

Brienne said a word that (temporarily) stopped UnCat from killing her. No word on what that was just yet.

Myrcella may or may not be scheming to get the Iron Throne, courtesy of badassery learned in Dorne.

King Tommen is still the cutest. He presumably still adores kittens and Ser Loras, and almost certainly still detests beets.

Cersei may or may not be a changed woman after a naked skank walk through King's Landing. Some anticipate that she's just as nuts as she was before, maybe worse, others think that she really took the comment "She's as saggy as my mum!" to heart.

Val "the Wildling Princess" isn't a princess at all, and apparently hates everyone's children, especially Shireen Baratheon, who she may or may not be plotting to kill, because Shireen's greyscale may or may not come back and infect the world. She named Gilly's baby "Monster".

Jon Snow and Val may or may not be dangerously high voltage.

Almost everyone is supposedly either Azor Ahai, The Prince That Was Promised, or someone else that's supposed to save the world from stuff. Main candidates are: Aegon Targaryen/Blackfyre/Mopatis/something-or-other, Jon Snow/Targaryen, Daenerys Targaryen, and Stannis Baratheon (except that his sword is just really shiny, not made of fire).

The most unlikely characters are becoming total badasses: Wyman Manderly bakes Freys and eats them too; Wylla Manderly is kicking ass and taking names; 10 year old Lyanna Mormont is practiced in the art of the written bitchslap.

Don't you just love how we can't trust a thing GRRM says? We're not even sure about most of the characters identities!

I shudder at the thought that Daario gave Dany an STD. Urgh. I can't stand that guy and if he did then then it would be Dany's fault for letting him anywhere near her. (I love her character but her judgement with regards to Daario is messed up) I mean, seriously, even Drogo wasn't crass enough to go round bragging about how he was sleeping with Dany. Neither did he wear knives that had naked women carved on the handles. Daario has no taste. It's incredible that Dany would be attracted to such a loser. But she is a teenager...*sigh*

Landis : great summary

not a work about LittleFinger ?

Littlefinger is up in the Vale, scheming and plotting but no one knows to what end. All we know for certain is that Sansa's in his plan somewhere and she's incognito in the role of his daughter until that plan comes to pass. And we know for certain that he's a pervert.

Illyrio is still in Pentos, plotting probably.

The Tattered Prince still wants Pentos, and has been promised it in return for aiding Barristan.

Daario, Hero, and Jhogo are still prisoners of the Yunkish.

Meereen is being bombarded by corpses (which may or may not be disease ridden, and may or may not be the aforementioned prisoners).

Balon Swann is hunting Darkstar with one of the Sand Snakes.

The Braavosi banker is with Stannis.

And the Freys are getting killed left and right. And it is glorious.

Also, words are still wind. And Tyrion still doesn't know where whores go.

Where do you all think the Blackfish will show up? I am 98% positive he shows up in the Vale, and spoils something that Littlefinger is planning. He is very well respected in the Vale, and hopefully in one of Sansa's first chpaters we will finally get a clue as to where our dear Blackfish has gone! My other 2% is leaning towards joining UnCat and Thoros, or in Greywater Watch. What does everyone else think?

Where do you all think the Blackfish will show up? I am 98% positive he shows up in the Vale, and spoils something that Littlefinger is planning. He is very well respected in the Vale, and hopefully in one of Sansa's first chpaters we will finally get a clue as to where our dear Blackfish has gone! My other 2% is leaning towards joining UnCat and Thoros, or in Greywater Watch. What does everyone else think?

I read in the forums that he could go and rescue the prisioners from the RW, that are or will be transfered to KL.

I really hope he doesn't show up in the Vale, or if he does, he fails in helping Sansa. I want her to achieve that for herself, not with a knight in shinning armor. She is a character that is finally finding her own path and becoming interesting, but if she is simply rescued, she would lose it all.

Aurane Waters has run off with all of Cersei's ships. He is headed to not-dead Ser Loras on Dragonstone or Dany in Meereen or Real/Fake Aegon (wherever he is).

Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover and Robb's Last Will are headed to the always-moving Greywater Watch for a meeting with the reclusive Howland Reed. I have a sad suspicion that we will never hear anything (further) from these three characters.

Wyman Manderly is still at Winterfell, and has recently insulted the Frey house. He is a double agent that seems to be loyal to the Starks and their bannermen, but nobody knows this on Stannis' side. I fear Stannis will kill him thinking he is loyal to Ramsey, or hopefully Manderly will explain he knows the Stark boys are alive and he has sent Davos (my personal favorite, obviously) to find them where the Slavers have been taking the wildlings as slaves.

Aurane Waters has run off with all of Cersei's ships. He is headed to not-dead Ser Loras on Dragonstone or Dany in Meereen or Real/Fake Aegon (wherever he is).

Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover and Robb's Last Will are headed to the always-moving Greywater Watch for a meeting with the reclusive Howland Reed. I have a sad suspicion that we will never hear anything (further) from these three characters.

Good call on the aurane waters thing.

We will def hear something about them in the next book IMO. The will is more than likely naming Jon heir to winterfell, and when howland reed gets the news, he's gotta come forward about Johns true parents.

The mage-friendly maester from Oldtown with the glowing glass candles (name started with an M, I believe... Sam met with him near the end of aFfC) was heading off to Essos, right? I don't think he got much mention in aDwD.

Good catch! I'd forgotten about him but if he reaches Dany then she'll be in a much better position to understand Dragons and the magic they hold.

I remember from one of the books that the magic in the world was lost when the last of the dragons died. Now I'm guessing that they are reborn, the magic is back ie. The wights, the Others, even the magical abilities of the Starks. Or maybe it's not that the Dragons give magic to everything but that maybe the Dragons are born at a time when the world needs Dragons. Like when the Others come back. Clearly it's no co-incidence that when the greatest force of the cold is returning to the world, the greatest force of heat also takes birth.

Glover is not the one Devos met in white Harbor , that task him to find Rickon ?

Archived