Leaders of Houses in the End

ledlevee

My personal guess for the end of the series is that the Seven Kingdoms will again divide into separate Kingdoms. And so accordingly:

House Stark:

Sansa Stark, Queen in the North, alongside her Hand Jon Snow and her Master of Whispers Princess Arya.

House Tully:

Edmure Tully, Lord of Riverrun, swearing fealty to the Royal Starks of Winterfell.

House Lannister:

Tyrek Lannister, instilled as Lord of Casterly Rock by Varys, eventually King of the Rock.

House Tyrell:

Wilas Tyrell, King of the Reach

House Martell:

Doran Martell, King of Dorne, again the sole survivor after the premature deaths of his children.

House Arryn:

Extinct in the main line, Harrold Hardyng inherits the lands, but does not gain the title of Lord Paramount.

House Royce:

Granted Lordship over the Vale after the death of Sweetrobin, thanks to their alliance with Sansa. Led by Yohn Royce, King of Mountain and Vale.

House Targaryen:

After the destruction of the Iron Throne, Daenerys Targaryen carves out a new Kingdom as Queen of Dragonstone

House Baratheon:

Edric Baratheon, formerly 'Storm' but legitimised after the deaths of Stannis and Shireen Baratheon, now King of the Stormlands.

House Greyjoy:

Theon Greyjoy, the last of his house in a cruel twist of irony. He does not partake in the new Kingsmoot

House Harlaw:

Rodrick Harlaw, King of the Iron Islands.

I am amazed by the sheer number of people on this thread who still are expecting a happy ending? Who's book have you been reading people? Burning field of zombies and Dragon bones littered with corpses of your beloved characters is just around the corner. However from the smoking ruins:

STARK: Rickon. It will be a mess. he will have puppetmasters. he will probably end up a bit like Joffery

TARGARYEN: Dany since neither Jon, nor Aegon are trueborn. Although both will serve as her court and Aegon will probably be the one to carry on the line

BARATHEON: None. Although Stannis sacrifice will live on in legend...and people will claim to be Roberts bastard heirs for many years to come

LANNISTER: Tommon will escape the carnage of Kings landing with the help of a shewolf who couldn't bring herself to take his life. She will be his strength and they will heal the rift between Stark and Lannister.

TYRELL: Dead

MARTELL: Dead

ARRYN: Harry the Heir with Sansa pulling the strings. The vale will become Major players

TULLY: Edmure's son

FREY: Lord Frey will live on to watch his house brought low

BOLTON: Roose....he lives. Like Humperdink

GREYJOY: Theon....their is one way to overturn a Kingsmoot.

I am telling you....Technicolor wholesale slaughter. mark my words :)

I am amazed by the sheer number of people on this thread who still are expecting a happy ending? Who's book have you been reading people? Burning field of zombies and Dragon bones littered with corpses of your beloved characters is just around the corner. However from the smoking ruins:

STARK: Rickon. It will be a mess. he will have puppetmasters. he will probably end up a bit like Joffery

TARGARYEN: Dany since neither Jon, nor Aegon are trueborn. Although both will serve as her court and Aegon will probably be the one to carry on the line

BARATHEON: None. Although Stannis sacrifice will live on in legend...and people will claim to be Roberts bastard heirs for many years to come

LANNISTER: Tommon will escape the carnage of Kings landing with the help of a shewolf who couldn't bring herself to take his life. She will be his strength and they will heal the rift between Stark and Lannister.

TYRELL: Dead

MARTELL: Dead

ARRYN: Harry the Heir with Sansa pulling the strings. The vale will become Major players

TULLY: Edmure's son

FREY: Lord Frey will live on to watch his house brought low

BOLTON: Roose....he lives. Like Humperdink

GREYJOY: Theon....their is one way to overturn a Kingsmoot.

I am telling you....Technicolor wholesale slaughter. mark my words :)

you just left as many people alive as everyone else, jon dany arya sansa rickon you basically only killed tyrion

Yeah, I'm not sure if that was a reply to my post, but since it was right after mine... I killed off Stannis, Asha, Rickon, Arianne, Loras, Margaery, Trystane, Myrcella, Tommen, Shireen... I think Jaime and Tyrion will both survive but neither will go on to be Lord/King of Casterly Rock, but apart from that, I've been fairly brutal, and so have most other people I think.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that was a reply to my post, but since it was right after mine... I killed off Stannis, Asha, Rickon, Arianne, Loras, Margaery, Trystane, Myrcella, Tommen, Shireen... I think Jaime and Tyrion will both survive but neither will go on to be Lord/King of Casterly Rock, but apart from that, I've been fairly brutal, and so have most other people I think.

It wasn't at you. I would have quoted you specifically if it was at you.

Either Jon or Dany is going to die probably shortly after they meet for the first time. I wouldnt care if GRRM killed off every other character I just want Jon to live.

Jon seems like a MArtyr to me

Jon seems like a MArtyr to me

Dam it I know and it pisses me off.

I wanna see Jon Targaryen, first of his name on the Iron Throne but its more likly he will be killed by the Others (or become a wight if he doesnt survive the stabbing)

In my humble opinion :

The last book was initially to be called "A time for Wolves" for a reason - the various surviving Starks will be married off to strengthen ties with other houses and fill the big power vacuum that will exist. I also think there will be quite a few "cripples, bastards and broken things" left in charge. GRRM loves that stuff. So here goes...

Nights Watch - I don't think they will survive the fury of Wun Wun and Tormund's member let alone exist at the end.

House Targaryen - Jon Targaryen, Azur Ahai, the Prince that was Promised, King of the First Men and the Andals, rider of Drogon, bearer of Lightbringer (Gendry reforges Oathkeeper as "Fire Ice" after Arya recovers Widows Wail from Tommen's corpse? Tempered in Lady Stoneheart, the "wailing widow"?). Sam will act as his Maester. Tormund as master of whispers (presumably about his member). Ghost is killed when Jon is reborn in salt and smoke (symbolic of putting aside his Stark past). I have a feeling though Jon is being built up to be torn down at the climax of the story. So either he lives and is king, or he dies defeating his enemies. Danny dies bearing him an heir?

House Blackfyre - pretender Aegon (as is Varys) wielding Blackfyre and the Golden Company, who spark a major Dorne/Reach war in TWOW. Dany comes back to knock Aegon off, but dies at the hands of assassin Arya (think about it, mother of Dragons and aunty to someone with a better claim. Her role is to bring the Dragons to others who will use them. Either that or she marries her nephew and Arya kills Tommen.) The Blackfyre sword is given to one of the Dragon riders.

House Stark - Rickon Stark, Lord of Winterfell, bearer of Longclaw. Not sure who he will be matched with to build alliances, but someone important, maybe Myrcella. I think Bran will be dead at the end (along with most "magic" elements of the books like Children of the Forest, Giants, Whitewalkers, Dragons, weird seasons), and the Stark girls will marry into other houses to prop up Jon's power base. Boltons are extinct.

House Tully - Edmure. Useless, but will avoid getting himself killed. Freys are wiped out. Edmure will still think he got a raw deal though.

House Lannister - I like the idea of Tyrion as Lord of Casterly Rock, who finds Brightroar (I've got a feeling Dany and the Essos crew will return to Westeros via Valeria). Maybe he stays married to Sansa for political reasons? Either that or he marries a hooker and dances on his fathers grave each night. I also see Tyrion as hand to Jon. His character has spent the whole story being groomed for the role of political leadership, and his relationship with Jon in AGOT hints at it. I think the new noble Jamie has a lot of roles to fill in the story, but I don't think he gets to survive at the end.

House Bastard, I mean Baratheon - I like the idea of the "bastard" king legitimising a bastard Baratheon, a house founded as a bastard offshoot of house Targaryen. Gendry or Edric, married to Arya for political gain. I lean towards Gendry because of his established relationship with Arya. I like the idea of Arya using Widows Wail for a while before being given Dark Sister and a Dragon to play with.

House Arryn - Harry Hardyng, who finally gives the Vale a strong leader. Maybe married to Sansa? Littlefinger dies horribly while lusting for Sansa.

House Tyrell - who cares? Really... some flower sniffing loser. Maybe the disfigured homosexual Ser Loras? Fits the pattern of broken outcasts in control. There will be a new kings guard so that won't be an issue.

House Martell - Arianne? Whats doing with Darkstar, Jon's evil brother? Dunno...

House Greyjoy - Theon, what is dead may never die. Disfigured Theon rise and rise again. Most other prominent Iron Islanders are dead.

Control of Dragons? Stark girls and Jon warging, plus help from Bran. I also think the wall will be knocked down via a certain horn by Jon.

As to almost everyone else - let the bodies hit the floor!

Also, maybe the remaining leadership structure of the seven kingdoms may align with the 7; Something like 7 of the following survive:

Father, representing judgment. He is depicted as a bearded man who carries scales, and is prayed to for justice - Jon Targaryen

Mother, representing motherhood and nurturing. She is prayed to for fertility or compassion, and is depicted as smiling with love, embodying the concept of mercy - Daenerys Targaryen

Maid representing innocence and chastity. She is usually prayed to to protect a maiden's virtue - Sansa

Warrior representing strength in battle. He is prayed to for courage and victory. He carries a sword - Arya, Jamie

Crone representing wisdom. She carries a lantern and is prayed to for guidance - Loras Tyrell/Edmure Tully (lol I struggled on this one)

Smith representing crafts and labor. He is usually prayed to when work needs to be done, for strength. He carries a hammer - Gendry Baratheon

Stranger represents death and the unknown. Worshipers rarely seek favor from the Stranger, but outcasts sometimes associate themselves with this god - Theon Greyjoy/Tyrion Lannister/Loras Tyrell/Arya?

In my humble opinion :

House Greyjoy - Theon, what is dead may never die. Disfigured Theon rise and rise again. Most other prominent Iron Islanders are dead.

Control of Dragons? Stark girls and Jon warging, plus help from Bran. I also think the wall will be knocked down via a certain horn by Jon.

Theon, in my opinion, is the only character who wont die and yeah your right he will be king of the Iron Islands

I cant see Drogon being controlled by anyone and if Dany dies he'll go psycho.

The North = Rickon Stark

The Vale = Yohn Royce (elected) something tells me that neither Sweet Robyn or Harry the Heir live to the end.

The Riverlands = Edmure Tully, will bend the knee to whomever frees him from Casterly Rock, I'm thinking Daenarys.

The Westerlands = Tyrion Lannister, by way of Queen Daenarys.

The Reach = Willas Tyrell, he'll bend the knee to Dany to get the Ironborn out. Of course the QoT will be the real power still.

The Iron Islands = Victarion Greyjoy if he survives the battles, Asha Greyjoy if she can find her way back after Victarion dies.

Dorne = Prince Doran, despite his super gout, will still be alive at the end.

The Stormlands = Edric Storm will be legitimized by Stannis to be Shirreen's heir.

the nord= rickon will be the king in the north, with bran not a tree but doing what bloodraven did at KL, or possibly bran KoN and rickon in dreadforth

the vale= i will go with royce, but with littlefinger in the mix who knows

the riverlands= edmure, he will survive, the incompetent bastard

the rock= tyrion will get it via dany and the second sons or what is the plumm's sellsword company

the iron throne = dany/jon or them together, people do tend to forget that dany got back her period and that most of the prophecy about her not having children have allready come to be

(f)aegon will have either storms end or harenhall becouse i think he's a blackfyre

if (f)aegon doesnt get storms it will probably go to either edric storm or gendry+arya but i think we will have three kingdoms with starks kings of the north, dany queen of the mid and (f)aegon the king in the south+stormlands with help of dorne(he will still plot against dany/jon whichever survives the war w/ others)

the reach= willas w/ QoT in the shadows

dorne= one of he sand snakes

Major Houses:

Stark= Rickon.

Lannister= Tyrek.

Tully=Edmure

Arryn=Dead

Baratheon= Dead or Gendry

Martel = Dead/Sandsnake

Tyrell = Dead/Willas

Greyjoy = Theon

Targaryen = Dead

Most Major minor ones.

Frey = Olyvar (why not)

Bolton = Dead

Karstark= Sigorn

Tarly = Dead

Dayne = Dead

Mormont = Lyanna

Florent = Imry

Westerling= Raynald

Reed = Dead

Umber = LittleJon.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Wow! GRRM did say there would be a bittersweet ending but some of you see way too many deaths IMHO. A bittersweet ending implies everyone don't get to be happy but it doesn't mean everyone save a few live. I mean yes GRRM is pretty much destroying classical fantasy at every turn but it doesn't mean he has to do an apocalypse ending. Otherwise why the hell did I bother reading all this and remembering lots of details on every house if it's just to see half of them disappear at the end.

I have the vague impression that some people really do expect the Wall to fall. But I do remember that there's in one book, in a Jon chapter I believe, a time when someone looks at the wall and "feels" as though the fall of the Wall would mean the end of the world. I somehow get the feeling this means the Wall can't fall or everyone dies. It might get realllllly close to falling but it won't fall before the Others are dealt with.

So on to the house leaders :

Starks : I'm pro Rickon for that one like most people, though I won't take a side on who will be his Lord/Lady Protector.

Tullys : Edmure would seem nice but I actually see Edmure dying (let's face it he's pretty weak) and the Blackfish taking over until Edmure's yet-to-be born son is ready to take over.

Arryns : Now that one is tricky... Littlefinger is as good as dead before the end so that's done. Sweetrobin is unlikely to live and even if he were who would want him as leader, he would end up someone's puppet. Moreover I can't see Sansa marrying him nor Harry the Heir for that matter. If I remember well he's supposed to be handsome but also pretentious and I don't think Sansa is ready to be tricked by a pretty face so quickly again. But I do believe Sansa will stay in the Vale and come to make her own home there somehow.

Baratheon : I say Edric with Gendry at his side. What Gendry seeks isn't power but a family with which he belongs, he seeks brotherhood which is why he joined the BWB. He'll be too happy to know he has a brother to think of his claim I think. Stannis is as good as dead, he's the characters that's kinda in-between because he acts good but he doesn't do so because he feels like doing good but because it's what is expected of him. And Stannis does what is expected of him all the way to his downfall (Which is not long coming up I believe. He's been wrongly claiming he is king for too long, it's time to end his delusion).

Lannister : Will Tyrion get his well deserved inheritance? I would like to see that. Whether he gets it or not however I can definitely see him as Hand. It won't be Jaime and it certainly can't be Cersei so I'm ok with Tyrek if Tyrion doesn't get his due. I also think the Lannister land may suffer greatly for their misbehaving (these guys will lose more than one mill if you see what I mean).

Martell : I see Arianne with the sand snakes. It's really quite obvious and I don't see any reason for her to die. i also imagine her marrying Aegon and later discover that he's a fake.

Tyrell : Wylas seems to be in good shape if not for his lame legs and he's a good ruler but there is the possibility of the Crow's eye attacking Highgarden and killing him so maybe Margaery will return and live to be married to far less than a king and shrivel up just like her grandmother Oleyna.

Greyjoy : I see the Reader Harlaw being appointed as ruler of the Iron Islands.

Targaryen : Now there will be a little wishful thinking but I always saw the three heads of the dragon as Jon, Dany and... Asha! I really like her with her Pirate Queen wannabe behavior. And she could have dragon blood from Nagga the great Sea Dragon since she's descended from the Grey-whatever that ruled before. But I do realize it's unlikely especially with the disaster they made of her in the series (Yara OMG! Boohoo give me back my Asha with her hard cruel look which lights up when she smiles and japes). Of course Asha would have been the one to appoint Harlaw in the Iron Islands.

And the Wall : I do see Jorah there but I don't see him as lord commander. He'll probably be training the new recruits. Sam will return to be Maester. So "Dolorous" Edd Tollet seems like a good choice to me. He knows the Wall better than most and has the respect of most of his brothers. Moreover I do think it would fit to have someone who isn't nobility as the next LC since that guy whoever he is WILL have to deal with the Wildlings and they will probably prefer someone who doesn't speak to them with his nose up in the air.

Oh yes! Arya of course! I guess what a lot of people have been saying does make sense. She would be the new master of whisperers which would allow her to stay close to her beloved brother Jon. As for Bran if he does come down which I think he will he still won't rule Winterfell, he's a kind of priest now. He may take over the boltons land and dedicate them to the old gods. Or maybe he'll go to the God's eye and restore the Pact between Men and the Older races .

@Anima.

The only reason I think so many of the houses will be dead is because of the Scale of fighting i think is going to come, and the situation that most of them are in. I dont see Sweet Robin making it. At all, he's gonna die. Maybe even Sansa will kill him.

The Tyrells are going to get hit hard by Aegon IMO. If Aegon takes Highgarden then it's quite likely Willas dies IMO. Garlan/Mace will then attempt to retake it and die in the process. Margery won't be able to marry again, and will become a QoT like figure after Tommen dies. Hell maybe Cersei even manages to get her and the QoT killed. Loras will survive but be unable to take over as he is sworn in as a Knight of the Kingsguard.

Jon will never accept his Targ heritage, he will stay loyal to the Starks.

Dany will die during the fight against the others.

The Martels might survive, but as of yet the Martels have shown levels of stupidity that outranks Eddard telling Cersei his plan. So there's a high chance Arrianne and Doran will balls up.

The Reeds only have Meera and Howland left (if you subscribe to the Jojen paste theory) so they're doomed.

And everyone else gets to die off because GRRM has said that tWoW is going to be a BLOODBATH. Death all round!

I agree with most about Rickon overseen by some unknown regent. As an outside theory Arya or Sansa marries and brings a lord to Winterfell.

Barratheon.. Gendry or more likely Edric. this house has lost it's power. minor power.

Tyrell... well i have a theory about this.. there are lots of tyrell's granny tyrell olenna will pick one that suits her... she favors Margery.. everyone has kinda forgotten about the king marrier. She could somehow marry Aegon... Tommen is easily gotten rid of he could be smothered by his cats or something. |Olenna killed one king but seems to want a Queen Margery... I think this will have some kind of play in the next books. The burnt one Loros hasn't died he might just surprise us all and rule Tyrell as head of the clan.

GrrM did say it would be a bloodbath so I think there will be a lot of new players throughout. Power will shift.

Since Aegon has been nurtured by Varys, I don't believe he is a real Targaryen ...or if he is he is just a bastard from a lesser known Targaryen. Varys found a boy that had the right look and age. It would be fitting if Margery did marry him and lose her precious virginity. Then find he is just a lowborn bastard or a complete fraud. Whatever happens Aegon is the mummers dragon. Jon and Dany will rule house Targaryen I do think Jon is a Targaryen.

Lannister... well if fate was kind Tommen would abdicate to someone else and rule as head of Lannister... This is not a kind series... So forget bout that... Tyrek maybe.. Tyrion or Jaime... Tyrion needs a royal pardon or to be cleared of his crime somehow to take over... Jaime is a fave of mine and I could see him doing a lot of things. Head of Lannister could be one. Jaime is that character that has endless possibilities for his plot. I am so looking forward to seeing what GRRM does with him.

The wall... Well I think the wall will become another holding with someone to oversee and rule.. I think the Nightswatch is going to disband..Or change radically..Become a house in its own right with a lord of wilding or long time northern descent.

House Tully.. not sure really. I think Littlefinger and Sansa may play a part in that.. I don't see Edmure lasting long. I think the head of this house is up for grabs.

Greyjoy I think maybe the reader...

I think many of the rest will go with the obvious candidates.

Archived