A Roose Bolton Appreciation Thread

Ramsay Gimp

Roose Bolton is certainly a great villain, and vastly more deadly than people like Ramsay, Ser Gregor, or Vargo Hoat.

He gets a lot of good lines. "Almost, you make me regret that I raped your mother;" "All that you have, I have given you." "You feel no pity for our poor goat?"

Bolton is brilliant and cunning but his loyalty is fickle, to say the least.

His scene with Jaime at Harrenhal spells out exactly how perceptive he is. He is a poor man's Tywin Lannister in that regard. I hope he dies horribly much like I wished that on Tywin... but those two know how to read people, situations and play the long game for survival.

I am very anxious to see what he has planned to get himself out of the mess he is in at Winterfell. I expec there is too much chaos and treachery and he won't be getting out alive any time soon.

I like Roose Bolton because he is so flippin devious, soft spoken, sharp and cold. I'd like him more if I wasn't so afraid of him! The scene where Arya decides to speak to him without permission, to ask if she'll be going with him when he leaves Harrenhall, made me fear for her life.

Of course, I also hate the s.o.b., his son, and the fact there are the skins of dead Starks hanging somewhere in the basement of Dreadfort. :crying:

Amazing character. He's not exactly the pinnacle of morality over here, but he's done less evil than many of the other characters. Sure, raping Ramsay's mother and executing Robb doesn't speak in his favour, but I love him because he's a very subtle "badguy".

He's extremely cunning, reserved, politically minded and deadly. Long live the Leech Lord (until Stannis removes his head)!

He is one of the most interesting characters for me, and he is the best villain, because he doesn't show any kind of feelings and seems to be really calm and colected, but he can do awful things. I think he is even more cruel than Ramsay.

I like reading about him, but I also want to see him fall (please don't sent me to the Dreadfort) :leaving:

O.K, practically everyone on this post is freakin' crazy! Roose Bolton cool?! I know there's an attractive draw to "bad boys", but come on!

He wears pink all the time but is still one of the scariest lords in the realm.

He speaks softly but carries a big...knife, I guess. Even men like the Greatjon pipe down when the leech lord has something to say

He is the first lord in thousands of years to usurp the Starks in the North.

He has yet to be undone, by anyone. He even indicates that he's on to Manderly in ADWD

Archived