A Roose Bolton Appreciation Thread

Ramsay Gimp

In a different world a man like Roose would have an empire of health food shops. 'Do try these prunes' he'd say to every customer.

Ha, in another thread I said, in our world, Roose would be a successful couples counselor whose soft spoken words and calm demeanor kept his patience emotions in check, while being well know for his famous line "a quiet evening, a peaceful marriage".

Ha, in another thread I said, in our world, Roose would be a successful couples counselor whose soft spoken words and calm demeanor kept his patience emotions in check, while being well know for his famous line "a quiet evening, a peaceful marriage".

:laugh:

That and his sage advise that human skin doesn't make good boots :leaving: !

• 2 months later...

A man who has to say I am the King is no true king.

A Leech Lord who needs the appreciation of common leeches is no true Lord.

Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort and all leeches, Warden of the North is beyond appreciation - he was born badass.

Westeros would be poorer without Roose Bolton and his shining existence.

Interesting character, to be sure. But I haven't seen anything yet in this thread about how Ramsay was conceived in the first place. Perhaps I haven't read far enough in the thread, but he is a rapist. He claimed the ancient right of the First Night (which is disputed to not even have existed among medieval scholars) and raped a common woman to create the creature that is Ramsay.

He maneuvered his House to survival and supremacy, which will likely be short-lived and he will soon have to pay the price for his treachery. But maybe the other posters are right. The Red Wedding, or something like it would've definitely happened without his involvement, even though it made things go a lot smoother (bled the Northern armies). So yes he got his forces safely out of the south, but at what cost in the long term? Even he realizes his northern 'allies' are not actually with him. So good job Roose, you got yourself out of the frying pan and into the fire. And you're a rapist.

Roose is definitely one of the more interesting characters. He clearly outshines Tywin by a far margin. I don't despise Roose the way I do Tywin, which is strange considering what he has done. Must be something to do with Roose's humor.

Definitely hated Roose on the first read (and still partly do) but I have grown to be oddly fond of him (the way he's portrayed in the show only adds his awesomeness).

I still want Starks to get some sweet payback but at the same time I'm really looking forward reading more about him than some of the main characters. More grown/educated Arya or Sansa having interaction with Roose in TWoW would simply be stunning (add Barbrey Ryswell/Dustin to the same scene and... wow).

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 835

Roose Bolton is cunning and treacherous. He will fail as he lacks even the semblance of honor, now that his part in the RW is known.

House Bolton and Frey will be made extinct. The North Remembers.

Booooo

Roose Bolton is cunning and treacherous. He will fail as he lacks even the semblance of honor, now that his part in the RW is known.

House Stark - Ned is dead, Catelyn is a zombie, Robb is dead, Sansa is stuck in the Eyrie with a pedophile, Arya is a brainwashed assassin-in-training and losing her identity, Rickon is lost on the island of cannibals, and Bran has turned into a tree.

House Bolton - Roose is the Warden of the North, Ramsay is the Lord of Winterfell, Fat Walda is the Lady of the Dreadfort.

I mean, you may not like the skin-flaying sociopaths, but you can't argue against success. There's no substitute for victory. :cool4:

Archived