A Roose Bolton Appreciation Thread

Ramsay Gimp

C'mon, you know you like the guy. There's a reason the Freys get so much hate around here, and old Roose receives only a little, despite his crimes being arguably much worse. The guy is just straight up cool!

The way he never loses his composure, dominates every conversation, and gives everyone the heeby-jeebies is just awesome. Cold as ice, he is. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" is up there with "I did warn you not to trust me" as one of the coolest lines in the series.

I actually feel bad for him that he is stuck with Ramsay as a son. The bastard has his uses, but he also causes his old man a lot of grief.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. Here's to the Leech Lord, with his his pale eyes and sharp blades! :commie:

Appreciation threads are for losers like Sansa or Catelyn, not for someone as awesome as Roose. He doesn't want to be appreciated, he wants to strike fear in people, and he is so freaking cool that he can scare you shitless without even raising his whisper of a voice.

Flayed be the ones who deny his greatness. Long live the Lord of The Dredfort.

I actually feel that Roose gets a bad rap, while all the other bannermen were whooping it up and naming Robb a king he was licking his wounds after Tywin kicked the shit out of him near the Ruby Fords. When Robb and his men were getting fat in the west, Roose was dealing with Vargo Hoat, BwB, and Harrenhal. He married his Frey and bent the knee look like a good boy and got his pardon, Arya kind of, and Warden of the North. Tywim planned on scerwing him in the long run but getting out of there alive was an accomplishment, I think betraying Robb was the only way he was getting out of there alive and he managed to get most of his men home alive as well. I actually believe that Bolton has turned his cloak once again, this time against the Freys, hoping that it will placate some of the Northmen. Manderly is shitting on them in front of him and the others are letting him know that the North remembers. But don't underestimate Roose, he has a trick up his sleeve.

I've actually started liking Roose more and more, I wasnt keen on him upon my first read but he has grown on me. Especially in ADWD..He remains one of my favorite characters, imo he is almost the northern counterpart to Tywin..Somehow I see him and the Umber/Karstarks as more traditional/conservative northern, as in they havent changed much over the centuries in habits etc while the Starks has adapted more.

Ramsay on the other hand I despise..

The best compliment I can make of Roose Bolten is that at least he generally avoids killing people without reason, unlike Ramsey.

He's calculating and rational, while his bastard has a major problem with impulse-control.

I agree with everyone that he is very similar to Tywin, but unlike the Warden of the West he actually has a sense of humor and will let himself smile every now and then

He also brings his men home alive as well, an unappreciated feat.

Indeed, he deserves more praise for this. Honestly which Lord wouldnt think in the same manner, and act accordingly? To avoid heavy losses to your own men while still maintaining the fight? Also Steelshank Walton seems to be a good soldier/second in command, one of many interesting minor characters in Asoiaf..

Well, he seems to be a full-fledged coldhearted sociopath, so I can't say I like or admire him.

But for the purpose of this thread: He certainly deserves recognition for having stayed on the Starks' good side up untill the Red Wedding. His rule of a a quiet people has allowed him to avoid any suspicion on what's been going on in his lands - if Ned knew of even half of the misdeeds Roose had done for his pleasure, he'd have gone to air Ice a little at the Dreadfort.

I'd also like to voice my appreciation of Roose Bolton the greatest guy north of the Neck. He definetly deserves to rule the North to the end of his days and see House Bolton become the new rulers of the North. To bad he's stuck with Ramsay but if anyone can sort out the mess that the North is in, its going to be good 'ol Roose.

Archived