A Roose Bolton Appreciation Thread

Ramsay Gimp

1 hour ago, marsyao said:

Ha ! As I guessed long time ago, you are a Stark lover, the real sin of Roose Bolton was like "How dare you, Roose Bolton, to hurt Starks ? You shall die for this, every last of you!

Yes, cause the only reason to dislike Roose is because he hurt the Starks. 

Not the fact that he's a rapist, a man who sent his fellow Northmen to die, burned books etc... 

I finally figured out why GRRM's Martin has waited till this year to (hopefully) release the Winds of Winter.  This year is the year of the Rooster (Roose) and he wanted us to know that that Bolton will beat Stannis. 

On 19/01/2017 at 5:59 PM, marsyao said:

Why so? Did Roose do any harm to Stannis? Did Stannis consider Starks ursups as King Jofery ?

Roose is a traitor three-times over in the eyes of Stannis. 1) Rebelled against the throne. 2) Assisted in the betrayal and murder of his liege lord. 3) Aligned himself with the Lannisters instead of Stannis, even though Stannis is in the North and has the better claim.

3 hours ago, theblackdragonI said:

Roose is a traitor three-times over in the eyes of Stannis. 1) Rebelled against the throne. 2) Assisted in the betrayal and murder of his liege lord. 3) Aligned himself with the Lannisters instead of Stannis, even though Stannis is in the North and has the better claim.

Roose was only be a traitor once: betraying Robb Stark after paying him fealty, and I cna not undertand why roose could not do the right thing, in the eyes of Stannis, by going over to Stannis side? Ah, that is it, really tired to talking to you Sark lovers

On 21/01/2017 at 4:40 AM, marsyao said:

Roose was only be a traitor once: betraying Robb Stark after paying him fealty, and I cna not undertand why roose could not do the right thing, in the eyes of Stannis, by going over to Stannis side? Ah, that is it, really tired to talking to you Sark lovers

In the eyes of Stannis anyone who didn't declare for him is a traitor. Who said anything about loving Starks? I just can't see Stannis welcoming Roose and his mad son into the fold peacefully. It would lead to division among the northern houses pledged to him and what about Rickon and the Manderlys? Would the Boltons be allowed to keep their heads by Stannis if Davos emerged with the boy and wolf in tow?

On 19/01/2017 at 4:01 PM, marsyao said:

Ha ! As I guessed long time ago, you are a Stark lover, the real sin of Roose Bolton was like "How dare you, Roose Bolton, to hurt Starks ? You shall die for this, every last of you!

Roose is my favorite villain because he entertains me as an antagonist and he exudes creepiness and an uncanny ability to maneuver his way in the background. Nevertheless he is entirely despicable. I'm also a fan of the Starks and Roose is irredeemable from the get-go. Even if he stayed loyal to the Starks to the end he would be completely deplorable. He is a rapist, a torturer, an elitist of the worst kind and an all around cold, uncaring and callous human being.

On 1/20/2017 at 11:40 PM, marsyao said:

Roose never swore fealty to King Robb.  He wasn't in Riverrun when Robb was proclaimed King. 

Coming to cast shade on this thread. There is only one requirement in my mind for these books, for me to be able to end it all without being bitter. It's not the Stark-revival. It's not Cersei's death. It's not Arya's vengeance. It's not Dany's dragons. It's not Jon. 

It's the Bolton house being completely and permanently ruined. Eliminated utterly from Westeros. Saying Roose is cool is akin to having tea with Goebbels.

On 1/23/2017 at 6:20 PM, theblackdragonI said:

I just can't see Stannis welcoming Roose

Why not ? A Stannis/Bolton alliance would give both men what they wanted, Stannis needed the North's support to win the throne, and now with the abcent of Starks, Roose was the only one could take the Northern Lords to his side. On other hand, Roose becaam the Waden of the North only because of the support of Lannister, many North Lords still hold a grudge against him, his power in the North was not solid, and after the death of Tywin Lannister and the folly of Cersei, he could no longer count on the support from Lannisters, so going over to Stannis in exchange of Stannis granting him the legitimacy of his position would be a good deal to him. And Nortern Lords would be glad to this alliance, since this would give them a chance to fight the hated Laniisters and Freys again

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 3:12 AM, marsyao said:

Why not ? A Stannis/Bolton alliance would give both men what they wanted, Stannis needed the North's support to win the throne, and now with the abcent of Starks, Roose was the only one could take the Northern Lords to his side. On other hand, Roose becaam the Waden of the North only because of the support of Lannister, many North Lords still hold a grudge against him, his power in the North was not solid, and after the death of Tywin Lannister and the folly of Cersei, he could no longer count on the support from Lannisters, so going over to Stannis in exchange of Stannis granting him the legitimacy of his position would be a good deal to him. And Nortern Lords would be glad to this alliance, since this would give them a chance to fight the hated Laniisters and Freys again

If Roose came to Stannis first they would def ally up. Stannis wouldnt have to risk the men and would gain a strong army

4 hours ago, Jadakiss said:

If Roose came to Stannis first they would def ally up. Stannis wouldnt have to risk the men and would gain a strong army

Yes, neither Roose nor Stannis could afford losing the impending battle, but if the striked an alliance, both could gain a lot, Stains would get a Strong army, Roose would get legitimacy since Lannisters could not longer supporting him

10 hours ago, Maester Vargo said:

I just hope No One...err...Arya gets to kill him.

She knows his habits, she could kill his current cupbearer and take his/her face.

Then kill him with a poisoned leech.  

In the show, maybe (and I can't see it happening), but not in the books…

On 2/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, marsyao said:

Yes, neither Roose nor Stannis could afford losing the impending battle, but if the striked an alliance, both could gain a lot, Stains would get a Strong army, Roose would get legitimacy since Lannisters could not longer supporting him

I agree fully.

If anything Roose could just say he betrayed Robb stark because he was an usurper and wasn't the rightful king. Stannis wouldn't prob buy that BS but it would be a win win.

Many northmen still hate the boltons but they would still put support behind stannis.

Stannis would never get on good terms with the Freys though

Archived