World, Flat or Round

CardMaster24

Interesting. I can imagine this being a northern polar ice cap continent (Otheros), a yet further eastern continent past the Jade Sea (Furtheros Essos Redundantos) or a hint of a western continent beyond the Sunset Sea (Americanos) :)

Are you referring to that image on the cover of the book? If that is the new continent Ran's referring to it is rather revealing

That looks like a south polar continent to me (Antarctica). It seems like the left half of the landmass is covered in glaciers or ice caps. Since this does not fit with the Lands of Always Winter, and since we know that no other continent stretches as far north as Westeros does, it has to therefore be a continent spanning the South Pole.

Are you referring to that image on the cover of the book? If that is the new continent Ran's referring to it is rather revealing

That looks like a south polar continent to me (Antarctica). It seems like the left half of the landmass is covered in glaciers or ice caps. Since this does not fit with the Lands of Always Winter, and since we know that no other continent stretches as far north as Westeros does, it has to therefore be a continent spanning the South Pole.

Hang on, no.

That island off the northwest coast of this new continent resembles Naath. And then those Islands further West and slightly south of Naath must be the Summer Isles.

Which means that this "glimpse'' is of the southern part of Sothoryos. The mist like effect I mistook for ice caps must then just be a kind of fog added for mystery effect.

Am I correct Ran?

If you look carefully, you can also see some faint continental outlines in the far north of the image, which is probably the southern coastline of Essos, and perhaps Westeros as well, if you look carefully.

Archived