[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for scenes that will end each episode of Season 2

I hate Dorn

Is that fact? I get the feeling they want/need to move it along a bit faster. And there's no way a single season will be devoted to AFFC imo, so it won't be a straight 1:1 ratio

I believe they've said that Clash of Kings will be Season 2 and that Storm of Swords will be split into two seasons, whether it's two full seasons or two abbreviated ones, e.g. eight episodes each. They haven't said what they're doing with Feast and Dance yet, but I expect them to toss both books in a blender (weaving the chronology together) and spit out two full seasons.

In any case, no Red Wedding in this season. I kind of expect that to be the ending of the third.

I'm thinking the Red Wedding may happen in episode 10

You are getting Storm of Swords and Clash of Kings mixed up. The Red Wedding didn't take place until well into Storm of Swords (much too late to be included in Season 2 even with a little blending on the edges), so there's no way it'll be in the show until Season 3.

They will seriously have to think about having the story span more years then, if they keep all same actors.

I figure it'll end up like such:

Game of Thrones: Season 1

Clash of Kings: Season 2

Storm of Swords 1: Season 3

Storm of Swords 2: Season 4

Feast for Crows/Dance of Dragons 1: Season 5

Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons 2: Season 6

Winds of Winter: Season 7*

Dream of Spring: Season 8*

*I expect that by this time, the seasons will have 12-14 episodes.

That's eight season to complete it. It might be kind of tricky with some of the child actors, but I think they could do some creative writing (i.e. include the time jump or something similar) and pull it off. Eight seasons is long for an HBO drama (Sopranos lasted six, True Blood is coming up on five and it's getting old), but they can do it.

I put the no Reek/Ramsey/Reeds

Have they said definitely that there will be no Reeds, or do people assume that there will be no Reeds because they haven't announced the casting yet?

Well I put the no Reek/Ramsay/Reeds exactly because of this. I figured since so many of the cast are known, why just keep back a few? I am dying to know who will play Ramsay but worry he (the actor) might not be safe out in public without guards.

I put the no Reek/Ramsey/Reeds

Well I put the no Reek/Ramsay/Reeds exactly because of this. I figured since so many of the cast are known, why just keep back a few? I am dying to know who will play Ramsay but worry he (the actor) might not be safe out in public without guards.

Ah. In that case I'm going to hold off on judging whether they're in it or not until the series airs and/or until the showrunners say, "So-and-so is definitely not in it."

So are they just moving the whole Theon/Reek/Winterfell plot to season 3 or are they scraping it all together.

I'm wondering if they just didn't announce Ramsay's casting. Or if they'll just have random Dreadfort men sack Winterfell instead of ones led by Ramsay. I can see why they'd hold off on Ramsay until the Dance season — otherwise they'd have him and then not have him for a big chunk of time. But if the only evidence that he (and the Reeds) aren't in it is because HBO never formally announced the casting, I'm kind of skeptical.

the last scenes should be, Bran and rickon coming out of the cripts, so you get that OH GOOD THEY LIVED! feleing (i;d make it so everyone assued they died, then boom no they live.) followed immdeiatly by the fist of men scene. My ideal, would be black water in ep 9. ep 10 tyrion wakes and is no lomger hand, dav is clinging for his life, jon has either just join the wildlings or kills halfhand, dany either arrives at that city aftr the waste (i forget the name) or is svaed by white beard and the big pit fighter. Then bran and rickon come out, then the first. you get a happy moment then an OH SH*T moment

I'm wondering if they just didn't announce Ramsay's casting. Or if they'll just have random Dreadfort men sack Winterfell instead of ones led by Ramsay. I can see why they'd hold off on Ramsay until the Dance season — otherwise they'd have him and then not have him for a big chunk of time. But if the only evidence that he (and the Reeds) aren't in it is because HBO never formally announced the casting, I'm kind of skeptical.

If they had random Dreadfort men sack Winterfell that would amount to, well, blasphemy really. It would ruin everything to do with Winterfell/Reek. If they went strictly according to the books, it's true Ramsay would be gone for a big chunk of time but then, again, so would Theon and we know he's there. (Admittedly with a much bigger part.) Besides the hush hush on the casting I do think that Ramsay and the Reeds will be delayed until Season 3. I wonder if I'll be senile before the series ends?

If they had random Dreadfort men sack Winterfell that would amount to, well, blasphemy really. It would ruin everything to do with Winterfell/Reek. If they went strictly according to the books, it's true Ramsay would be gone for a big chunk of time but then, again, so would Theon and we know he's there. (Admittedly with a much bigger part.) Besides the hush hush on the casting I do think that Ramsay and the Reeds will be delayed until Season 3. I wonder if I'll be senile before the series ends?

They've said that Season 2 will be Clash of Kings with some stuff (I think with Jaime?) from the third, to round it out more.

So:

1. Sacking of Winterfell is delayed for a season, which doesn't make sense.

2. Sacking of Winterfell goes on without Ramsay specifically.

3. Ramsay (and/or the Reeds, I guess) is in, they just didn't announce the casting.

I can't say about individual episodes but I predict that the Season will end with a series of awesome cliffhangers:

-Jon, with Ygritte, approaches the Wildling camp. The last scene is a Wildling saying Jon must go to Mance Rayder, who we don't see yet.

-Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie, riding away from Harrenhall into the forest.

-Theon is taken prisoner

-Bran, Rickon, Hodor, talk to Maester Llewyn in the ruins of Winterfell. They were previously assumed dead.

-Catelyn frees Jaime, and he and Brienne start down the river away from Riverrun.

-The Fist of the First Men from Sam's perspective, it ends with the Watch fleeing.

-Melisandre telling Stannis that the fight is not over. Davos is assumed drowned until next year.

-The Tyrells and Tywin arrive in KL.

-Tyrion, who was thought to be dying, opens his eyes.

- (Controversy!) Dany frees the Unsullied in Astapor. Last scene is the slaves yelling "Mysa!"

House of the Undying can happen in Ep.7, she leaves with Belwas/Arstan in 8, goes to Astapor in 9, and her little revolution happens in 10. It is by far the most climactic way to end the season, just going on a ship with strangers, to return to where she started, is absurdly boring. Astapor upps the ante dramatically, as a good finale should. It shows her truly becoming powerful. That is where the season should end.

Now THAT would be a killer finale, that would totally cement this show's status as unmissable. 10 Cliffhangers! Possibly the most epic finale of all time. (until next year that is).

- (Controversy!) Dany frees the Unsullied in Astapor. Last scene is the slaves yelling "Mysa!"

House of the Undying can happen in Ep.7, she leaves with Belwas/Arstan in 8, goes to Astapor in 9, and her little revolution happens in 10. It is by far the most climactic way to end the season, just going on a ship with strangers, to return to where she started, is absurdly boring. Astapor upps the ante dramatically, as a good finale should. It shows her truly becoming powerful. That is where the season should end.

This would be in Season 3 or even Season 4, depending on how they split Storm.

Not to be "that asshole" but this season is Clash of Kings. The stuff from the third book they've included, what little of it there is, I'm pretty sure is mostly to do with Jaime, to give that character/actor more to do. They're not going to have the Red Wedding and I highly doubt they're going to show much if any of Dany's stuff beyond Qarth.

This would be in Season 3 or even Season 4, depending on how they split Storm.

Not to be "that asshole" but this season is Clash of Kings. The stuff from the third book they've included, what little of it there is, I'm pretty sure is mostly to do with Jaime, to give that character/actor more to do. They're not going to have the Red Wedding and I highly doubt they're going to show much if any of Dany's stuff beyond Qarth.

Season 4?!?! It happens very early in book 3. And since when have they announced that each season MUST correlate precisely with a book? Including Astapor is nothing like including the Red Wedding, they're more than half a book apart from each other. That fact of the matter is that Dany does hardly anything in Clash and does way too much in Storm, conquering 3 cities. Clash ends on an incredibly boring note for Dany. Astapor is a much more logical and climactic place to end the Season, as it marks the most major turning point for the character since her dragons were born.

Season 4?!?! It happens very early in book 3. And since when have they announced that each season MUST correlate precisely with a book? Including Astapor is nothing like including the Red Wedding, they're more than half a book apart from each other. That fact of the matter is that Dany does hardly anything in Clash and does way too much in Storm, conquering 3 cities. Clash ends on an incredibly boring note for Dany. Astapor is a much more logical and climactic place to end the Season, as it marks the most major turning point for the character since her dragons were born.

I'm telling you what the showrunners themselves have said, that this season is Clash of Kings, with some of Jaime's stuff shifted from book three specifically to give that character more to do. I said that Astapor would be Season 3 or Season 4 because they've also said that Storm of Swords will probably be split into two seasons. Looking in my paperback copy, Astapor will probably be in Season 3, yeah. Because Dany's crap in the third book runs together so much, I sometimes lose track of where everything is. It's page 380 in my paperback which is in the first half of the book but hardly "very early."

It wouldn't surprise me if they stretched out the Qarth stuff for Season 2 or just backed off on Dany's screentime since you're right, she doesn't do much. But there's enough of Tyrion and Arya and Sansa and Jon and all of the other (far more interesting) characters that they can easily flesh out a full season from Clash without having to shift Dany's stuff. The only character where I've read that they are adding some of his stuff from the third book is Jaime.

I figure it'll end up like such:

Game of Thrones: Season 1

Clash of Kings: Season 2

Storm of Swords 1: Season 3

Storm of Swords 2: Season 4

Feast for Crows/Dance of Dragons 1: Season 5

Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons 2: Season 6

Winds of Winter: Season 7*

Dream of Spring: Season 8*

*I expect that by this time, the seasons will have 12-14 episodes.

That's eight season to complete it. It might be kind of tricky with some of the child actors, but I think they could do some creative writing (i.e. include the time jump or something similar) and pull it off. Eight seasons is long for an HBO drama (Sopranos lasted six, True Blood is coming up on five and it's getting old), but they can do it.

It wouldn't really be that difficult. The books have about a year passing in each of them, so Bran, for instance, would be around 15 by the time Dance ends. Considering that in shows like Glee we have 30-year-olds (barely) passing as 18-year-olds, it isn't that hard to have a 19-year-old Hempstead-Wright play a 15-year-old. There are camera tricks and the possibilities of using stunt doubles to make actors look shorter too, like in Lord of the Rings. Maisie has passed through the majority of puberty as well, so she's not like to grow an awful lot taller than she is now, and Sansa (actress's name escapes me) was already wtftall by the time GoT started so she's in the clear as well. Girls can easily fake their age with the right clothing and makeup.

Initially I saw Season 2 ending with a burning horse and the razing of Winterfell, but it seems we don't have Ramsay this season, so that's not likely. I can't think of anything else gripping enough to end the season on, though. Maybe they'll bring in some of Samwell's POV chapters from a Storm of Swords to flesh it up a bit?

Archived