The Blackfish

crown of gold

Where will the Blackfish finally show up? I am 98% positive he has been in the Vale, and as soon as we get a Sansa POV I think he will show up. My other 2% could be just about any where but the only other places I could conceivably see him going are with the his Undead Niece and Thoros, or to Greywater Watch. So what does everyone else think, and what role will he play?

If my theory about the Vale is correct I think he shows up and is a foil to Littlefinger, and hopefully uncovers Sansa.

Just as a shot in the dark, I think the Blackfish won't abandon Edmure. He may very well appear with the Bw/oB but I think he'll direct them towards the patrol taking Edmure to Casterly Rock and free him. Then you'll have a pretty solid contingent of Tullys (Edmure, Blackfish, UnCat) running around the Riverlands fighting to regain their ancestral home.

It would be awesome if he showed up to the Vale to try and get them to smash into the Riverlands and found Sansa though.

Who knows. It would definitely be good to see the Blackfish resurface, though.

The Vale theory is a strong one. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up there seeing as he has history in the Vale. But does he know Sansa is there? And does he dislike Littlefinger as much as the Freys and Lannisters?

Personally, my hunch is that he's still in the Riverlands and probably with the BwB. He's a martial man who, after some victories, has suffered defeat and betrayal so I can see him wanting to restore his pride and continue fighting the Freys and Lannisters guerilla style.

The Brotherhood could certainly use some experienced, strong (and not crazy / un-dead) leadership and the Blackfish fits the bill perfectly.

I don't think the Blackfish has ever even met Sansa. She does have strong Tully features, but isn't her hair dyed? The only way I could possibly see him uncovering her would be if he somehow connects the dots between Sansa being missing and Littlefinger's obsession with his neice, and knowing that Littlefinger would be one of the few people in Westeros commanding enough influence to sneak someone of Sansa's status out of King's Landing.

Maybe if he was somehow revealed as the Blackfish, Sansa would go to him. But how would he be able to move around openly enough for Sansa to even find him if he was revealed? He is well respected in the Vale, he could possibly take shelter with some of the houses not bought out by Littlefinger, but who's to say there's any of those left by TWoW?

I don't think the BF is in the Vale. Little Finger has been befriending the Lords Declarant and other Vale Lords. He has eyes and ears all over the Vale. Although he could be Bronze Yohn Royce plotting to remove the Lord Protector.

My best bet is that he is underground with the BWOB planning guerilla style warfare and to free Edmure. If he finds out that Stark heirs are alive then and only then will he rouse the Vale.

I have to go with the Vale theory, Blackfish does not necassarily consider Littlefinger an enemy at this point and Littlefinger needs his military accumen, it is possible that there has been communications between Riverrun and the Eyrie, its not impossible that Lady Lysa might have sent a message indicating that Sansa was with her to the Blackfish. I think Brynden realizes he needs hep if he is going to retake the Riverlands.

I have to go with the Vale theory, Blackfish does not necassarily consider Littlefinger an enemy at this point and Littlefinger needs his military accumen, it is possible that there has been communications between Riverrun and the Eyrie, its not impossible that Lady Lysa might have sent a message indicating that Sansa was with her to the Blackfish. I think Brynden realizes he needs hep if he is going to retake the Riverlands.

There is no chance LF exposed Sansa's true identity to anyone other than Lysa (only because it was necessary). The BF is more of a threat to his plans than a benefit at this point. However that could change when Dany lands or if LF decides to support Aegon (likely if the Tyrell army is defeated). In such a case I can see LF bringing the BF into the fold.

The most likely would be his returning to the Vale, where he lived for a good few years. But it seems just so likely that I doubt that's where he is. And if he ran into Sansa and found out who she was, he could ruin Littlefinger's scheme too soon, and that's not a viable option, something has to work there before it's ruined.

He could certainly be the hooded man in Winterfell, but wouldn't Theon know him? I know he's shattered and all, but something would click on the back of his mind at hearing his voice. (besides, I'd rather believe the hooded man is Theon himself, much more interesting - and I don't think the BF would have had time to get to Winterfell after his escape anyway)

He could be at Greywater Watch, but too many people are there already, so that's not a likely possibility. And what business would he have with Reed anyway?

He doesn't know about Bran and Rickon, so he's probably not hunting them. Therefore, the most likely is that he'll run into the Brotherhood and UnCat very shortly, if he hasn't already. I'd be very interested in seeing how he'll react to what his niece became - would he become allies with her even though he'll probably realize there's nothing of his niece in that walking corpse? And yes, I do believe he'll have an importance in what happens to Jaime (and, consequently, Briene) next.

An unusual theory that I don't find impossible would be his joining YG. He said he'd keep fighting for Robb, but if no other Stark is alive or within reach (Bran, Rickon and Arya believed dead; Sansa now a Lannister; and Jon not someone a Tully would support), and considering Jeyne is not pregnant (I strongly believe she isn't, since it wouldn't add anything to the plot, but a rather useless storyline), the only way he can keep fighting for Robb is to fight against his enemies. And who's fighting against the Lannisters? YG and Stannis. Stannis is up North, and, as I said, it's unlikely he had the time to reach them, but he could be on his way. YG, however, is much closer, and much likelier to gather the necessary strength to eliminate the Lannisters.

The most logical option is that he ends up with the brotherhood and UnCat. He'll bring an honest and honorable foil to UnCat's blood thirsty ruthlessness and make the BwoB remember Donadarrion (however you spell it) and think twice about what they're doing. As far as Jamie and Briene go, I have no clue what could happen, I honestly think he'll give Jamie a chance/spare him, maybe sacrificing himself in the process. @Lady Octarina, can you remind me what YG is? I can't recall what that is.

Why would he go to the Vale? The Vale has taken no part in this war up to this point, why would they now? Especially with Winter finally getting here. Also, the Blackfish didn't exactly leave the Vale on the greatest of terms, leaving in anger with Lysa.

It is more likely he is headed North, maybe to raise some hell at the Twins? Maybe a prologue with Walder Frey getting his, since someone always dies in a prologue, and the Blackfish releases the Prisoners at the Twins. He gets in through the River, the same way he escaped Riverrun.

Another crackpot theory is that he is with Jeyne Westerling and Robb's heir. If Robb and Jeyne did have a baby/is pregnant it is likely that he is going North with them.

But Brynden turned his back on the Vale when he left with Cat, so I don't think it is likely that he goes there. The Vale lords want nothing to do with this War.

If he knows Lysa is dead he could go to raise the Vale's army once and for all. He may accidently then uncover Sansa. I would love to see the Blackfish just b*tch slap Litttle Finger but he's prob still got a big part to play is my guess...

But why would the Vale join the fight now? They are most prepared for Winter. Why do they care about anything that took place in the Riverlands? They have enough problems of their own in the fact that their Liege Lord is a sickly, bratty, runt and is being used by Littlefinger. As far as they know the Starks are pretty much all dead, even though their is one right under their nose.

Archived