The Blackfish

crown of gold

I don't believe Jeyne is pregnant. Lady Sybell gives her some potions against pregnancy, and about sisters swap.. well, their mother knows what they look. Lady Sybell may be angry at the prospect of Joy Hill as daughter-in-law, but at this moment she is still in the winning team, and her brother got gold mines.

And I don't see place in the story for Robb's child. Now is the time for the younger Starks.

I have two theories. 1. He was the hooded man in Winterfell, wandering around trying to find a place. or 2. He will join YG once he realizes that he is alive. Having someone who has been so prominent in Westeros could be a huge asset for YG and Jon Connington, as he knows the status of all the political issues and rivalries right now. And his hatred for the Lannisters would most likely lead him to find the strongest opposition against them. aka YG (Aegon)

That would be cool if he was the hooded man.

I think all signs point to him joining the BwB either by seeking them out or running across them. At that point he would discover Lady Stoneheart, and after initially being on her side, he would find what a monster she's become and how she is acting against the best interests of justice and the BwB. He then becomes UnCat's opposition, eventually destroying her, taking over the BwB, and saving Brienne and even Jamie from Stoneheart's hate, vengeance and paranoia.

This gives a quick and believable explanation to Brienne's survival after the cliff hanger in her final chapter me thinks.. I like.

BTW the word that Brienne shouts.. Was it 'sapphires!' ? :P

I would be very surprised if he turned out to be the hooded man in Winterfell though. He would have had to pass the Twins, Moat Cailan (sp?), and the bogs near greywater watch. But mainly, in the Battle of the Camps and Whispering Wood, Theon marched in Brynden's scouting party. Just so, I'd think Theon would have recognized him.

With the BwB and Blackfish retaking Riverrun.. that would create an event/conflict in the Riverlands that Jamie's POV could witness. He's the only POV in riverlands right now isn't he? Besides Brienne?

With the BwB and Blackfish retaking Riverrun.. that would create an event/conflict in the Riverlands that Jamie's POV could witness. He's the only POV in riverlands right now isn't he? Besides Brienne?

Yes. And this vould be the evidence we need that the Blackfish will stay somewhere in the Riverlands. Now, I don't think he got there in time to stop them from hanging Brienne, but he could get there in time to stop the BwB from killing Jaime.

Yes. And this vould be the evidence we need that the Blackfish will stay somewhere in the Riverlands. Now, I don't think he got there in time to stop them from hanging Brienne, but he could get there in time to stop the BwB from killing Jaime.

Correct. and I think he will do this, but it won't be easy. I want jamie to live, and switch to the "good side", but i'm not sure of how much value he will be without his sword hand. i'm hoping all that lefty practice made him a beast, but i can't see that really happening.

Correct. and I think he will do this, but it won't be easy. I want jamie to live, and switch to the "good side", but i'm not sure of how much value he will be without his sword hand. i'm hoping all that lefty practice made him a beast, but i can't see that really happening.

Yeah agree with you about Jamie. I posted in another topic that I thought that brienne yelled Honor to UnCat. Tully motto is family, duty, honor. Maybe that resonated with UnCat.

The only place I could see him being is the Vale. As far as he knows, the North are now in the pocket of the Iron throne, west is Lannisterville, south no friends and war. Unless he has somehow learned of Rickon, and he plans to rally to White harbour.

I hoped he might go to the wall, to Jon. But thats just wishful thinking.

The only place I could see him being is the Vale. As far as he knows, the North are now in the pocket of the Iron throne, west is Lannisterville, south no friends and war. Unless he has somehow learned of Rickon, and he plans to rally to White harbour.

I hoped he might go to the wall, to Jon. But thats just wishful thinking.

An arrival at the wall would be awesome, but I think too he will go to the Vale. His interactions with LF and a possible revelation of Sansa's identity would be very interesting. If he goes back to the Vale, then it would give Manderly and Davos another ally they could reach out to.

The Blackfish is the greatest wildcard in the series right now because he could be headed anywhere but also, with whom? i am one of the conspiracy believers that he has the real Queen jeyne Westerling. Her safety would be his top priority for the time being, especially if she is pregnant.

The Blackfish is the greatest wildcard in the series right now because he could be headed anywhere but also, with whom? i am one of the conspiracy believers that he has the real Queen jeyne Westerling. Her safety would be his top priority for the time being, especially if she is pregnant.

That would be a cool scenario. Also what if one of the visions Bran had were actually in the future. The lady with child coming out of the pool could be Jeyne with son.

That would be a cool scenario. Also what if one of the visions Bran had were actually in the future. The lady with child coming out of the pool could be Jeyne with son.

I never thought of that. A vision of the future, begging for a son to avenge her. That would be remarkable but I would think she would have to get there somehow and fast. This is one of the more mysterious visions Bran had. That woman and her request must be important to the North either in its past, present and future.

Oh, God, I hope this is not true :crying: because I would hate the next Lord Stark to be a descendant from the cursed Westerlings :bang:

Oh, God, I hope this is not true :crying: because I would hate the next Lord Stark to be a descendant from the cursed Westerlings :bang:

I do not know if the Westerlings are cursed. If you look at it like this, all of these small lords are pawns and at the mercy of larger lords who are at the mercy of majory lords who once would have been kings etc... If you are captured and are held, who ever holds you is your new lord. you go with the flow or die. I have sympathy for the Westerlands because of Tywin Lannister. This man was so feared because of the things he did simply to keep people in line. We still do not know what exactly transpired between Lady Sybell, Tywin and Jeyne (in front of and behind her back) but these people had to tread lightly.

He may have gone to see howland reed. its the only place where he knows he can carry on Robb task to fight the enemy. In the vale he has friends but would have to lie low because of LF. The Vale hasnt come out for the Starks. but it also depends on his intelligence network. Did he know Glover was hanging out with Manderely. Last option is an assination attempt on walder Frey on a lone mission to free the great Jon.

Edmure helped the Blackfish escape. It's unlikely that the BF let's Edmure be taken prisoner in Casterly Rock. He's shown himself to be too much of a strategist to escape without a plan.

Also, the Riverlands aren't likely to accept Freys as the liege lord. BF will rally a few folks, free Edmure and take back the Riverlands.

I do not know if the Westerlings are cursed. If you look at it like this, all of these small lords are pawns and at the mercy of larger lords who are at the mercy of majory lords who once would have been kings etc... If you are captured and are held, who ever holds you is your new lord. you go with the flow or die. I have sympathy for the Westerlands because of Tywin Lannister. This man was so feared because of the things he did simply to keep people in line. We still do not know what exactly transpired between Lady Sybell, Tywin and Jeyne (in front of and behind her back) but these people had to tread lightly.

Evil deed is an evil deed, regardless of justification (at least for me) - Lady Sybell put her young daughter in the way of Robb Stark and get her to seduce him using his distress over presumably dead brothers and then she was so proud of her role in the whole downfall of Robb when talking to Jaime it looked to me like she is dancing on the graves of all people killed at the RW.

On the other hand, and this is one of the main reasons I love ASOIAF - there is no black and white but shades of gray - if not for Jayne, Robb would have married a Frey and that would be even worse :ack: :bang: Poor Robb, he was doomed from the start :cool4:

As for the OT, I do not believe Blackfish will hang out with UnCat and BwB (apart from killing some Freys, what's the point?) - he needs to raise some serious hell and that cannot be achieved with that crew. Also, I believe he would kill UnCat if he meet her - that wouldn't have been his Cat anymore but some undead monstrosity. That leaves him going to Vale or North (Wall) with former being more probable, imo.

I hate how many stupid Chekhov's Guns this series has. Where's Robb's will? Does Jeyne have a baby? Where's Rickon? Where's Benjen? Where's the Blackfish? Where's Gerion? "Aegon"? Does R+L=J? Will that matter? Where's Howland Reed? Where's Marwyn the Mage? etc.

Archived