Your favorite Villain in the Series? SPOILERS

AngrySoviet

Walder Frey - he and his self made army of weasels

Roose Bolton - classic North quality

Euron Greyjoy - I hope he will become major player in the next book

honorable mentions - Janos Slynt, he was just soo out of his league...

candidates for the future - Jon Connigton, he lived on hate for years, he is determined to be harder than Tywin, he has nothing to lose, I believe that he is being lied and betrayed by Varys in very cruel way and greyscale isn't that good for mental health

Margery Tyrell - the girl has potential

Theon Greyjoy -

according to the sample chapter his redemption act leaves a lot to be desired, definitely not a good guy that one, manipulating Jeyne just to save his sorry ass

There are no villans in the series. Just rationally self interesting people pursuing their own goals with the means available to them. Confined only by societal norms and the ability and willingness of others in their society to impose those norms upon them.

I love Arya, but I wouldn't necessarily consider her a villain. I think the Hound, because you never know what he's going to do. He has it in him to be a complete bastard, but he has another side to him that makes me feel sympathy towards him. Which also sets me on edge, because once I start to like a villain, I wonder what they're going to do and how I will be able to cope with that. Nuts, I know, nobody needs to tell me x)

There's no way the hound is a villan. just read what elder brother had to say about him.

Well, he is a bit. Or he's seen as one, which is the point.

Oh, I thought the point was that many of the people in the series seen as villains are done so for superficial reasons beyond their control, like their face is burned. And others because its simply a matter of perspective, as with the wildlings.

Oh, I thought the point was that many of the people in the series seen as villains are done so for superficial reasons beyond their control, like their face is burned. And others because its simply a matter of perspective, as with the wildlings.

Hold up, no need for that. People are scared of him, he'd kill without hesitation if need be. I know Gregor is the more vicious Clegane, but the Hound has some power and the fact that he can be nice, is the main reason why I see him as a villain. It's all about perspectives.. and not insulting others'.

Hold up, no need for that. People are scared of him, he'd kill without hesitation if need be. I know Gregor is the more vicious Clegane, but the Hound has some power and the fact that he can be nice, is the main reason why I see him as a villain. It's all about perspectives.. and not insulting others'.

I don't think I insulted you, did I? I mean it had a sarcastic tone, but I always do.

Oh yeah, people are certainly scared him. People are scared of ghosts in Herrenhal too though. People are scared of Tyrion because he's a dwarf and wildlings because they're from beyond the wall. People are scared of Wun Wun and insist he eats human flesh despite being a vegetarian. And the hound does kill people, but surely everyone who kills someone in the series isn't a Villain, are they?

I don't think I insulted you, did I? I mean it had a sarcastic tone, but I always do.

Oh yeah, people are certainly scared him. People are scared of ghosts in Herrenhal too though. People are scared of Tyrion because he's a dwarf and wildlings because they're from beyond the wall. People are scared of Wun Wun and insist he eats human flesh despite being a vegetarian. And the hound does kill people, but surely everyone who kills someone in the series isn't a Villain, are they?

Ah well in that case, no, you didn't x) the point I was attempting to make was that the best villains are those that are unpredictable. For me, the Hound is that. I never know whether he'll be nice or nasty, and I've grown to like him because of his back story, which is probably the point, but that makes it harder for me to accept when he does something bad. Which makes him the best (or worse?) villain for me. These 'people' are Westeros fool.. I like to think I have a tad more intelligence than them :P

Cersei is a villian, but a stupid one. When has she ever been cunning? She "appears" cunning in AGOT but if you really think about it she just got lucky. She hoped that getting Robert drunk while hunting would kill him; she got lucky. She fucked Ned over when she captured him but the only reason she was able to do that is because Baelish decided to side with her; she got lucky. I remember people posting that in AFFC they changed her character because she was so stupid, but she has always been stupid, we just get to see her thoughts in AFFC so it is made apparent. Like really whats the chances that Robert gets killed during that hunt? If he had come back she would have been FUCKED because Ned would have told him what he knew. I did like her POVs and her character portrayel felt very genuine to me.

Best baddies are Tywin, Roose, and Ramseyyy ! Love the bastard of bolten just for his cruelness and badassery

Ah well in that case, no, you didn't x) the point I was attempting to make was that the best villains are those that are unpredictable. For me, the Hound is that. I never know whether he'll be nice or nasty, and I've grown to like him because of his back story, which is probably the point, but that makes it harder for me to accept when he does something bad. Which makes him the best (or worse?) villain for me. These 'people' are Westeros fool.. I like to think I have a tad more intelligence than them :P

Right but you used that fact that people are afraid of him as evidence that he's a Villain. I guess my question what separates the Villains from the heroes if they're both killing people and people may fear both. I mean doesn't mean that neither really exists and people are just people?

Tywin Lannister is my favorite villain in a Hannibal Lecter Draco-in-Leather-Pants kind of way. He's the villain I root for even when I'm not supposed to. This aided strongly by Charles Effin' Dance's AMAZING portrayal of him.

Littlefinger is the villain I love to hate. I cannot wait for him to get his comeuppance. Preferably by Arya as all the people he's screwed over or Lady Stoneheart.

Littlefinger is the natural favorite villain, he is interesting, humerous and I am fascinated by where he plans to go next. People like Roose Bolton and his Bastard or Gregor Clegane might be more vicious and "villiany" but they just don't have that something to make them interesting to read about.

Perfect, I have just been talking about how I see LF as the Villain.

Biter, rorge and the brave companions. Just creepy mofos.

I agree, you have to have some brains or tendency for extravagant evil plans to be a real villain :cool4:

Perfect, I have just been talking about how I see LF as the Villain.

I agree, you have to have some brains or tendency for extravagant evil plans to be a real villain :cool4:

I actually try to imitate biter with my friends on a regular basis, and frequently name characters that I make in random things biter as well. Sad day he is no longer with us.

I love all the villains in the series though, honestly they are easily some of my favorite characters.

Cersei is a villian, but a stupid one. When has she ever been cunning? She "appears" cunning in AGOT but if you really think about it she just got lucky. She hoped that getting Robert drunk while hunting would kill him; she got lucky. She fucked Ned over when she captured him but the only reason she was able to do that is because Baelish decided to side with her; she got lucky. I remember people posting that in AFFC they changed her character because she was so stupid, but she has always been stupid, we just get to see her thoughts in AFFC so it is made apparent. Like really whats the chances that Robert gets killed during that hunt? If he had come back she would have been FUCKED because Ned would have told him what he knew. I did like her POVs and her character portrayel felt very genuine to me.

Best baddies are Tywin, Roose, and Ramseyyy ! Love the bastard of bolten just for his cruelness and badassery

This. I've never really agreed with the people that think Cersei suddenly changed. She may have gotten a bit more batshit than she was before, but a lot of her blatant stupidity in AFfC stems from the fact that, for the first time in the series, there's literally no one to reign her in. Tywin, Jaime, Robert, even Tyrion are all gone, and now everyone has to do everything she says. Which combined with the fact that we're actually seeing her POV, results in her suddenly appearing much dumber than she was before.

Archived