Brans weirwood visions

shmoove

So, uh, should that not be tagged as SPOILER?

A spoiler tag about the name of the book? Because no one knows whether it is Old Nan and Dunk or not, as I said in my first post, that's my personal interpretation to Bran's vision - nothing has been proved or confirmed in any way, as far as I know.

A spoiler tag about the name of the book? Because no one knows whether it is Old Nan and Dunk or not, as I said in my first post, that's my personal interpretation to Bran's vision - nothing has been proved or confirmed in any way, as far as I know.

I was referring to your original post. Because if Dunk meets old Nan that would be cool, but I would have rather found out / read about it in the book, not here on the boards.

I was referring to your original post. Because if Dunk meets old Nan that would be cool, but I would have rather found out / read about it in the book, not here on the boards.

Gotcha, but listen, I've no idea if that will happen. I may be 100% off"...

Of course these go back in time, and they're moving way further then the original post thought.

The first one is obviously Ned, and the most recent. - it doesn't confirm or deny any theory on Jon.

The next one is Lyanna and Benjen. - We've been told Arya looks like Lyanna, and this proves that she acks the same way too.

the only younger brother is Benjen.

The third one is obviously a Stark woman. It's very possible that it's a story line we don't know about.

It could be the Stark woman that was "stolen" by the wildling king.

Could be Ned's mother/grandmother... it's too hard to tell because we don't know how far back it's going.

She could be asking to be avenged because she was raped, and the baby will kill the father? Maybe her husband was killed in a war. Who knows?

Someone with more knowledge about the 9 pennies war, or previous wars might be able to make a better guess.

The tall knight is obviously Ser Duncan, the woman is unknown - If it's Old Nan that would maker her about 110... pretty damn old, but would explain where Hodor got his height.

I've also seen people say that the woman is the ghost of the hill woman - can't remember her name.

A lot of people think the pale dark eyed youth is Bloodraven. Obviously he's pale, his red eyes COULD be dark, but who knows?

The tall, hard, stern men are Starks. They are the first Kings in the north, and are a clue that Bran ate Jojen's bloody paste to unlock his gift.

About Old Nan and Ser Duncan...

GRRM said that one of the characters in the book is related to Ser Duncan the Tall.

So we know that Ser Duncan fathered a kid or two.

and there are two options in the book that could be direct descendants.

Hodor - by way of Old Nan, who we've been told is related to Hodor. Freakishly tall.

Brienne - Freakishly tall, She's also remembers his shield from her father's Hall, or wherever, and has one painted to match it - the tree where Duncan's Knight died.

GRRM said that one of the characters in the book is related to Ser Duncan the Tall.

Hodor - by way of Old Nan, who we've been told is related to Hodor. Freakishly tall.

Brienne - Freakishly tall, She's also remembers his shield from her father's Hall, or wherever, and has one painted to match it - the tree where Duncan's Knight died.

I thought he said there were some descendants of Dunk in ASOIAF? So maybe the both are? :dunno:

Bloodraven???

That was my first thought but has Bloodraven ever been to Winterfell? Maybe on his way to the Wall? He was a great archer

Bloodraven is albino with red eyes, now just the one red eye...

No, Egg. A fierce boy with dark eyes, watching the tall knight kiss hot young Nan:D

I get the impression Bloodraven was the sort who would have made it his business to visit every part of the Kingdom, so I can see him making the trip to Winterfell and then the Wall. He’s a Blackwood as so it makes sense he’d be in the Godswood. And could be another reason why, as a young man, he may have travelled North to get closer to the Old Gods. Perhaps he made contact with the CotF North of the Wall and learned all sorts of interesting stuff before returning South and taking the prominent role he did.

I digress. He’s the character most associated with archery. He preferred his weirwood longbow to using Dark Sister and is an expert archer. He commanded the Raven’s Teeth. His kinslaying was committed with arrows.

I like the Egg idea. But it would mean a long time lapse between the MK and the new novella for the ages to work. All told, I’m voting Bloodraven.

Wow, Dunk has some ugly a$$ kids... :ack: Thought he was considered hansome. The Red Widow wanted him.

1. Ned praying about Jon and Robb. Pretty easy.

2. Lyanna play-fighting with Benjen.

3. Some people have speculated that this is one of the She-Wolves of Winterfell, who will feature in the next D&E story. It's basically five (?) Lady Starks who were all widowed in quick succession. I believe the most recent one lost her husband to an ironborn attack while she was pregnant with the next Lord Stark, or something.

4. Old Nan and Dunk. Rawr.

5. This one I don't know. The timeline seems to be going backward, so it'd have to someone older than Nan and Dunk.

6. A weirwood sacrifice to reinforce the idea that yes northerners did make blood sacrifices to weirwoods (see also, Davos' chapter in the dungeon).

His younger father praying with a bowed head "…let them grow up close as brothers, with only love between them,” he prayed, “and let my lady wife find it in her heart to forgive."

A reference to Robb and Jon not being brothers --> another hint for R+L=J ? maybe.

A girl and a younger boy play fighting with branches;

Lyanna and Benjen practicing swordfigting

A pregnant women coming out of the black pool praying for a son to avenge her;

Either Ned's mother or grandmother praying for a healthy son, not sure about the avenging part, but we really know nothing about Ned's mother

A slender girl on her toes kissing a knight as tall as Hodor

Possibly Ser Duncan the Tall (the next D&E story will be in Winterfell, right?) kissing a young Old Nan

A pale dark eyed youth cutting three branches from the weirwood and shaping them into arrows -

no idea. Wasn't there a guy who killed a dragon with a weirwood arrow through the eye? maybe somebody can give a quote?

Tall, hard, stern men with beards in fur and chain mail forcing a captive down on his knees. A white haired woman killing the captive with a bronze sickle.

proof that the Northerners practiced blood sacrifice in the past. I also think this will come to play in the next book...

Overall I think we can agree that the visions travel back in time, as the weirwood tree gets smaller and smaller

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Could the pregnant woman be that daughter of the Stark King that Bael the bard stole from Winterfell leaving a blue rose in her place? When the girl appeared again she had a baby and that kid killed Bael 30 years later.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Could the pregnant woman be that daughter of the Stark King that Bael the bard stole from Winterfell leaving a blue rose in her place? When the girl appeared again she had a baby and that kid killed Bael 30 years later.

good catch! But would that have happened so recently?(if we assume the visions go subsequently further into the past) I'm not really familiar with the timeline. But that would be a good explanation!

edit: of course it's possible that the events we see aren't linear. BR said to bran that trees don't think in timelines...(or something to that effect)

good catch! But would that have happened so recently?(if we assume the visions go subsequently further into the past) I'm not really familiar with the timeline. But that would be a good explanation!

edit: of course it's possible that the events we see aren't linear. BR said to bran that trees don't think in timelines...(or something to that effect)

Uhm, I have no idea of the timeline, sorry :dunno: as far as we know, this is only a story Ygritte told Jon to tell him that the Starks and the wildlings are blood related, I must need a re read.

Uhm, I have no idea of the timeline, sorry :dunno: as far as we know, this is only a story Ygritte told Jon to tell him that the Starks and the wildlings are blood related, I must need a re read.

Where is Apple Martini when you need her? She could probably help. :rofl:

Archived