Little Finger's Death.

lostaphrodite

I really hope that Littlefinger will die and that he will die horriably. In fact I would be willing to make a deal with Ramsay that as long as Littlefinger is alive as a "guest" at the Dreadfort he can keep his head.

I want Littlefinger to live till he grows old and grey. I like him.

At this point in the story, I do not see Sansa outsmarting Littlefinger, unless there's serious changes in her character in book 6 that she could do it in book 7. It seems more likely to me at this point that she would be his accomplice, that hes grooming her in his image to lie and manipulate. Something he wishes he could have probably done with Cat.

She seems to be taking to it successfully, shes well taught in courtship courtesies and flattery, which for most part are white lies anyway.

but think of the scale of events that LF set in motion and the results, at this point I cannot see Sansa doing this on the level of LF. For now anyway.

Could she turn the tables on LF, sure, but at this point I dont see it.

Dunno what you mean by "develop fully".

But for me, the issue is this. She has just learned that Littlefinger is planning Sweetrobin's death. She needs to get off her ass, and act to protect Sweetrobin. Otherwise, she is not worth rooting for.

For now, it would be enough if she just takes Sweetrobin and runs.

At this point in the story, I do not see Sansa outsmarting Littlefinger, unless there's serious changes in her character in book 6 that she could do it in book 7. It seems more likely to me at this point that she would be his accomplice, that hes grooming her in his image to lie and manipulate. Something he wishes he could have probably done with Cat.

She seems to be taking to it successfully, shes well taught in courtship courtesies and flattery, which for most part are white lies anyway.

but think of the scale of events that LF set in motion and the results, at this point I cannot see Sansa doing this on the level of LF. For now anyway.

Could she turn the tables on LF, sure, but at this point I dont see it.

Well she doesn't have to do any major scheming to get into power. LF is doing that for her, so she just has to wait until after she's been married to Harry the heir before having him done for treason. She could reveal that he killed Lysa, or concoct a convincing lie, or just get Ser Shadrich to assasinate him or something. Then she wins the north, the vale and possibly the riverlands with little effort.

It seems more likely to me at this point that she would be his accomplice, that hes grooming her in his image to lie and manipulate.

Sure. That could happen. She could become his evil flunky, and help him get rid of Sweetrobin, while being a willing pawn in his evil games. But surely, that would not be a GOOD thing.

I don't think he has to die for Sansa to develop at all. If anything, she should learn from him while she can. That's not saying she has become like him but learning how to maneuver her way through Westerosi politics with his grace isn't a bad thing. All the Stark kids have their respective strengths, and this can be Sansa's.

Plus right now he's promising her Winterfell, and he's not going to do anything crazy (like killing off Sweetrobin) while surrounded by men of the Vale in someone else's castle, so I can't see her wanting to kill him. Maybe escape but not kill, that's not our sweet Sansa.....yet. This is the girl who felt bad about her part in Joffrey's death, after all. And with the Mad Mouse in the Vale, the Blackfish running around somewhere, and the Hound possibly nearby, she may not have a choice in leaving the Vale anyways.

Also, I think Littlefinger will make it to the last book. He and Varys need to have a final showdown. At least I really, really hope they do.

I don't think he has to die for Sansa to develop at all. If anything, she should learn from him while she can.

Is everyone on this board a minion of Evil? Why is everyone so anxious for Sansa to take lessons from the Devil?

Plus right now he's promising her Winterfell ...

They may offer you fortune and fame

Love and money and instant aclaim

But whatever they offer you

Don't feed the plants.

They may offer you lots of cheap thrills

Fancy condos in Beverly Hills

But whatever they offer you

Don't feed the plants.

- Little Shop of Horrors.

I don't know you, but if I was from the Vale and a girl who comes from nowhere waits until it's best for her to tell the truth about my lady's death... I will not love her !

If she played it right she could do it without stirring up hate. She could mention blackmail and death threats. And that's not the only way for her to dispose of him besides.

Is everyone on this board a minion of Evil? Why is everyone so anxious for Sansa to take lessons from the Devil?

You conveniently left out the part where I said that didn't mean she should become like him. Littlefinger is politically savvy but often morally corrupt. Sansa can keep her morals and still be politically savvy. If Ned had been, his head wouldn't be decorating a spike in King's Landing right now. And wouldn't murdering him be wrong? Sansa is no murderer. She can learn from him but still keep the moral code Cat and Ned taught her. Trust me, I don't want to see Sansa starting wars and stroking her chin beard deviously any more than you do. But being a good person doesn't mean you need to a political idiot.

And Littlefinger is hardly the devil. He manipulates people, but they're the ones who make the final decisions about their actions. It's not like he's bewitching them. Luckily there's no Imperius Curse in Westeros.

You conveniently left out the part where I said that didn't mean she should become like him. Littlefinger is politically savvy but often morally corrupt. Sansa can keep her morals and still be politically savvy.

No-one can serve two masters.

If Ned had been, his head wouldn't be decorating a spike in King's Landing right now.

Ned refused to murder children.

And wouldn't murdering him be wrong? Sansa is no murderer.

I never suggested she murder Littlefinger.

But being a good person doesn't mean you need to a political idiot.

By Littlefinger's standards? Yes, it does.

Archived