Best Chapter?

Sarnius

AGOT: Either the one with Ned's dream or Tyrion+Tywin

ACOK: Renly+Stannis or Dany in the House of the Undying

ASOS: Gregor vs Oberyn, Tyrion killing Tywin, RW, etc. So many beautiful chapters.

AFFC: All of Jaime's, and the first few for Cersei. (before she basically falls off a cliff)

ADWD: The last three or so chapters in Meeren, Joncon's 2nd chapter, or Tyrion once he's a slave.

I'm probably missing an obvious one too.

Ah this is way too difficult to choose just one.

Jon, Qhorin and the Wildlings in the Skirling Pass - epic.

Dany roasting the slavers in Astapor - just awesome.

Arya and the Hound taking down Gregor's men in the Inn at the Crossroads - she got Needle back!

But my number one has got to be...

Theon fleeing Winterfell, helped by the Spearwives - tense. I had hated Theon, but was desperate for him to succeed. That's what makes it stand out for me

I think my number one has to be Sansa's last chapter in ASoS- building Winterfell, seeing LF's hand in the War of the 5 Kings, "Only Cat", and of course, that little turd Marillion getting his :P

In fact, let's get my LF and Varys fangirling moments out of the way:

- ADwD epilogue- Varys, I had been missing you, and you did not disappoint. Sneak attack, bitch!

- Littlefinger's "I did warn you not to trust me." I didn't see it coming, and I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself for that :P But it's also when his character started to become interesting to me.

In addition to these:

- The Kingsmoot chapters- I know a lot of people don't like the Ironborn chapters, I thought they were great.

- Honorable mention to the Red Wedding, I spoilered myself for it, but it was wonderfully written- mounting tension, Cat's craziness at the end. Done well.

- Also quite enjoyed the first meeting of Oberyn Martell and Tyrion

In no particular order

• Jon and defending the wall, and finding a dying ygritte (or however you spell her name)
  • Tyrion's last ASOS chapter
  • Jon killing Qhorin Halfhand
  • The battle of blackwater
  • When The Hound fights Beric
  • Theon and the fall of Winterfell
  • Jaime and Cat talk in A clash of Kings
  • The red wedding (all 4 chapters)

And the list goes on and on

The best chapter to me was when Ygritte died. Ripped my heart out like nothing I've ever read has done before.

The Red Wedding. That was tough to get through in just the frustration of being the reader who is a bystander forced to keep going word for word as people you've come to deeply care about are being slaughtered and not just the Starks either, but everyone there with them having to go through that. It was beyond brutal and man If I could place myself in one chapter in that book that would be it to at least try and stop all of that even though there was nothing one man alone could probably do I'd die trying.

The Battle of the Blackwater. For an author who has never seen combat George did a heck of a good job just setting the mood and capturing the pure chaos of everything. It was "Saving Private Ryan" set in midevil times basically. Fire burning everywhere, men burning up, knights holding their own severed body parts, the sounds, the smells, the fear, courage, and living for every second. Just amazing. I felt like I was on that tangled bridge of boats with Tyrion as I read it and still do when I reread it.

"You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children." "Say it, Elia of Dorne" over and over and over again. Absolutely one of the best written scenes I've ever had the good fortune to read...It was in glorious technicolour in my head and fantastic!

The Red Wedding...horrifying and a fascination at the same time

Sansa's snow castle..a bittersweet moment if ever there was one

Stannis, Stannis, STANNIS! Just read that one and I'm a Stannis fan for sure!

sansa's snow castle just made me start crying about the red wedding again. it really put in persepective how much all everyone really wants is to be happy and that some of those people deserve it.

i really loved how jinglebell (i think that's his name) was SCREAMING the bear and the maiden over sansa and the tyrell's conversation. it struck me as hilarious and intense at the same time.

and the battle between the red viper and the mountain. everytime he says "you raped her", etc. it made my heart beat even faster. such great writing.

Wow . . best chapter out of the five books?

1. Epilogue of "Dance With Dragons" made the entire book worthwhile.

Other great chapters are

1. Red Wedding

2. Cersei being locked up by the High Sparrow

3. The chapter that finally explains Maggy the Frog and what drives Queen Cersei

4. Theon Saving Arya Jeyne Poole Stark

5. Roose talking to Ramsay in "Dance with Dragons"

6. So many chapters in Storm of Swords

7. Arya chapter 66 i.e. Ned's Execution . .

Sansa´s castle

Catelyn freeing Jaime

Reek becoming Theon again (and the beautiful reversal of his fist encounter with his sister not knowing him)

I also really love the Oberyn vs. Gregor scene. Not due to the fight or Tyrion but because I am still touched by the way Oberyn loved his sister that much that he was over a decade after her death still ready to risk his life too avenge her

Archived