Personal Favorite Quotes - Merged threads

Water Dancing

I know there are other favorite quote threads, but I was reading through them and I didn't see a lot of mine on there. What are some of your own that you haven't seen around the site? These are some of my personals that I've saved up in my journey through Ice and Fire:

"As the gods will it. Bring on your storm, my lord - and recall, if you do, the name of this castle". -Courtnay Penrose at Storm's End.

"We're children. We're supposed to be childish." -Myrcella Baratheon

"Men are men. Vows are words. And words are wind." -Iron Emmett

"Though I will not say I fought bravely in all of them. There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but no old bold sellswords." -Brown Ben Plumm

"Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we'll live." -Ygritte

"Tell her that these slaves have been standing here for a day and a night, with no food nor water. Tell her that they will stand until they drop if I should command it, and when nine hundred and ninety-nine have collapsed to die upon the bricks, the last will stand there still, and never move until his own death claims him. Such is their courage. Tell her that." -Kraznys mo Nakloz, when detailing the Unsullieds' training.

"'Egg?' he said, as the rain streamed down his cheeks. 'Egg, I dreamed that I was old...'" -Maester Prince Aemon Targaryeon the Dragon Knight

"Feed us! We want bread, bastard!' In a heartbeat, a thousand voices took up the chant. King Joffrey and King Robb and King Stannis were forgotten, and King Bread ruled alone." -The Mobb of Kings Landing

"Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them." -Tyrion Lannister

"Valar morghulis. Valar morghulis. Valar morghulis." -Arya Stark

"Girls get the arms but not the swords. Bastards get the swords but not the arms. I did not make the rules, little sister." -Jon Snow

"'We're outside the castle,' Ned said.

'You are a hard man to fool, Stark,' Littlefinger said with a smirk. 'Was it the sun that gave it away, or the sky?'"

"'Winterfell!' he shouted as the arrows sighed again." -Robb Stark

Ned remembering TOJ how his friends faces are fading but the faces of the men he has to fight are clearer . . . Haunting scene

An how when Renly dies Ser Robar's not sure to believe Catelyn until she says @on my honour as a Stark' then he dosent even think about it and helps.

"Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we'll live." -Ygritte

Just beautiful....

Rhaeger fought nobly.

Rhaegar fought valiantly.

Rhaegar fought honorably.

And Rhaegar died.

- Jorah Mormont.

Anything from Arya.

"I am a direwolf and done with wooden teeth."

"You stupid." (to a door, to others, to herself)

"Only from our south ear."

"She didn't hurt you... much."

She's so funny : D

And Jaime.

After hanging a few outlaws:

"Make a habit of it, Lannister, and one day men might call you Goldenhand after all. Goldenhand the Just." :laugh:

His whole conversation with dead Tywin.

Will you make me call me gaolers and have you dragged away, you vile, scheming, evil bitch?

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough, and the parts that look like magic often turn out to be the messiest of them all.

Loras is young, Lady Olenna said crisply, and very good at knocking men off horses with a stick. That does not make him wise. As to your father, would that I'd been born a peasant woman with a big wooden spoon, I might have been able to beat some sense into his fat head.

Cunt again? It was odd how men like Suggs used that word to demean women when it was the only part of a woman they valued.

Archived