Personal Favorite Quotes - Merged threads

Water Dancing

Yoren to Arya when they first met.

"This lot, half o' them would turn you over to the queen quick as spit for a pardon and maybe a few silvers. The other half'd do the same, only they'd rape you first."

I always chuckle at this one. Made me instantly fall for Yoren.

Cersei by chance tells Tommen that his father used to rule the lists in jousting, thinking about Jaime.

Margaery being sly, catches this honest mistake and asks her to tell which tournaments did Robert win.

Cersei's reply."Robert won the tourney at the Trident, where he unhorsed Rhaegar and made me his queen of love and beauty."

Lol, nothing like Lannister humor.

"Ser, may I have your name?"

"Ser Jared, of House Frey"

"Jared of House Frey, I name you liar" - Davos Seaworth

Pfft, that's not even the best quote from that chapter.

This is.

“Death,” he heard himself say, “there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son at the Red Wedding. I lost four upon the

Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne. Go to King’s Landing and look on

Tommen with your own eyes, if you doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you?

Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers.

Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!”

"So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken.Like me, he though. I'm not dead either." - Bran, ACoK

"Our knees do not bend easily." - Ser Arthur Dayne, The Sword of the Morning, AGoT

“Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.” - Cat, ACoK

"I have my swords, thought Jon Snow, and we are coming for you, Bastard." - Jon Snow, ADwD

“Lord Pea Pod. If you were a man, I would kill you for that, but my sword is made of too fine a steel to besmirch with craven’s blood.” He took a drink of ale and wiped his mouth. “Aye, men are dying. More will die before we see Winterfell. What of it? This is war. Men die in war. That is as it should be. As it has always been.”

“Do you want to die, Wull?”

That seemed to amuse the northman. “I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night.

What men want does not matter.

“Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned’s little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue.”

Lord Renly stifled his laughter. "My brother is too kind. I can find the door myself." He bowed to Joffrey. "Perchance later you'll tell me how a nine year old girl the size of a wet rat managed to disarm you with a broom handle and throw your sword in the river." As the door swung shut behind him Ned heard him say "Lions Tooth," and guffaw once more.

Practically the whole conversation between the Blackfish and Jaime at Riverrun (AFFK Chapter 38), including this lovely passage:

Jaime - “I will permit you to take the black. Ned Stark’s bastard is the Lord Commander on the Wall.”

The Blackfish narrowed his eyes. “Did your father arrange for that as well? Catelyn never trusted the boy, as I recall, no more than she ever trusted Theon Greyjoy. It would seem she was right about them both. No, ser, I think not. I’ll die warm, if you please, with a sword in hand running red with lion blood.”

God I love the Blackfish

- If it is Sandor Clegane that we encounter, what would have me do?

Pray hard, Jaime thought, and run. "Send him to join his beloved brother and be glad the gods made seven hells. One would never be enough to hold both of the Cleganes".

Archived