Personal Favorite Quotes - Merged threads

Water Dancing

"The north remembers"

"You must not balk, whatever is asked of you."

"Say, make my horse a knight. He never shits in the hall and doesn't kick more than most, he deserves to be knighted."

(By the way, knowing Stranger, I guess he does kick more than most ! :devil: )

"Our goat shoud have consulted the Tarbecks and Reynes. They might have warned him how your lord father deals with betrayal.

- There are no Tarbecks and Reynes.

- My point precisely."

"For the night is dark and full of terrors.

- This cave is dark too, but I'm the terror here."

(Love this one !)

And of course, the legendary :

"A knight's a sword with a horse. The rest, the vows and the sacred oils and the lady's favors, they're silk ribbons tied round the sword. Maybe the sword's prettier with ribbons hanging off it, but it will kill you just as dead. Well, bugger your ribbons, and shove your swords up your arses. I'm the same as you. The only difference is, I don't lie about what I am. So kill me, but don't call me a murderer while you stand there telling each other that your shit don't stink. You ear me ?"

Three from ASOS which I am re-reading at present.

"You thlew my bear!

Jaime's mental view of Ser Cleos Frey:

"Ser Cleos looked like a weasel, fought like a goose, and had the courage of an especially brave ewe."

And of course:

"Her name is Brienne. Brienne, the maid of Tarth. You are still a maiden, I hope?"

Her broad homely face turned red. "Yes.

"Oh good, I only rescue maidens."

" How dare you threaten the king! "

"That was not a threat, I'm simply educating my nephew, oh and Bron, the next time that man talks, kill him."

"That was a threat, see the difference?"

- Tyrion Lannister

Pretty much anything Bronn and Tyrion say to each other is worthy. This one is a favorite for sure.

Also, this one... Bronn tells Tyrion in AKOK that he was invited for stuffed goose with Lollys while she still was a maid...

Tyrion

"Perhaps you should eat the goose and marry the maid. Or better yet, send Shagga."

Bronn

"Shagga is more like to marry the goose and eat the maid. Besides, I think Lollys outweighs him"

"It was different when there was a Stark in Winterfell. But the old wolf's dead and the young one's gone south to play the game of thrones and all thats left us is the ghosts." The Man in the Cave

"For the oak recalls the acorn, the acorn dreams the oak, the stump lives in them both" The Ghost of High Heart

Most of mine are dialogue

Davos- Lord Celtigar called it admirable.

Stannis- Had I shown him the contents of my privy, he would have called that admirable as well

Septon Meribald- These were dark men in life. Death's not like to have improved them much.

Ser Hyle- It's there we differ Septon. These are the sorts of men most improved by death.

Joffrey- She has the blood of the wolf!

Tyrion- Aye, and you have the wits of a goose.

I suppose its a kindness really. Had he lived, he might have grown up to be a Frey.

• 2 weeks later...

"King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land.”

...and pretty much everything Stannis says

Personal favourite, the entire time i was hoping jon would take stannis' offer until...

"Red eyes, Jon realized, but not like Melisandre’s. He had a weirwood’s eyes. Red eyes, red mouth, white fur.

Blood and bone, like a heart tree. He belongs to the old gods, this one. And he alone of all the direwolves was white.

Six pups they’d found in the late summer snows, him and Robb;

five that were grey and black and brown, for the five Starks, and one white, as white as Snow."

"Every man must die, Jon Snow. But first he must live." - Ygritte

Winter is coming! - Stark

Ours is the fury! - Baratheon (i wish stannis said this more)

Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken - Martell

*from the tv series a great one from Rodrik Cassel "Gods help you, Theon Greyjoy, now you are truly lost"

Dolorous Edd

"Bad enough when the dead come walking, now the Old Bear wants them talking as well? No good will come of that, I'll warrant. And who's to say the bones wouldn't lie? Why should death make a man truthful, or even clever? The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints-the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do...."

Jon-"What a dismal place to live"

Dolorous Edd: "I was born in a house much like this. Those were my enchanted years. Later I fell on hard times."

old DE has some funny lines

Archived