Brazilian version and doubt about the Starks...

'Lauro Kociuba

Hi, hail to you! Hope you like a bit of my work.

Inspired with awoiaf, I asked some friends here in Brazil about it and they were kinda begging for a portuguese one, because they had to use google translator for the pages, and you can imagine how innacurate that is, so I started building a translation/adaptation to BR-Portuguese of the wiki:

http://geloefogo.com.br/wiki/

But I'm still alone! lol... I'd like to know if anyone could help me to create permanent link in each posts thanking to you guys, so far I'm really translating, just the houses coat-of-arms that I'm creating some new.

And I started with the House Stark article (I had to start somewhere, lol) and kept going, but I simply cannot put a border in any inifobox, how can I do that?!?!

Ah, and I'd like to know if there's any problem in spreading your info, I always post about the source and all, hope you like it!

Ah, and in House Stark and in King of the North there are 2 Jonnel listed as King and as Lord, but both direct to the same page. =/

Ps.: My english is not perfect, learned 70% by myself with TV and a lotta video game and now books, hope is understandable. :P

I am glad to see you excited about this and trying to extend game of thrones to Portuguese. From my experience if you want to succeed you would need some more guys, if you ever hope to make it big, we are good because the great work of so many.

I am not sure what you mean about the permalink, but to add a border you can either add directly to you infobox template

in the '<table ... style="... [color=#000000]border: 1px #aaa solid;  or something like that[/color]

. or as we did in the common.css of our mediawiki (search the infobox class)

As for copying the info, we are using the standard by-sa/3.0 so as long as you comply with it is all good. (we make use if various info from Wikipedia as well and attributing them), take note that this is not extend to most images(unless stated otherwise).

As for Jonnel, whoever updated the kings of the north entry forgot to update his personal entry, I have added the info, thanks for pointing it out.

Thank you! Glad to be part of this incredible project! I've made some articles and will start recruiting in facebook and twitter, if you know any brazillian, please let him know about the translation!

Thank you with the css, saved me, now I'm more satisfied with the layout!

About the copyrights, I comply and agree :)... just some doubts about the images, I couldn't, for exemple, use the ones you guys use, or create the coat-of-arms with free heraldry images, would that be a problem? I just don't want to have problems, lol.

And thanks about the king! Going now to update mine. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived