The Duke

Many people who have personally dealt with Tyrion (pre- ASOS) actually seemed to respect him: Cat, Jayclen Bywater and Arys Oakheart for example. To the smallfolk however, he is the man who brought the Wildlings I to their city, denied them food when they were starving and then burnt and pulled down their houses (whilst his sellswords carried out rapes without punishment).

dont forget the Dwarf's Penny.

Sansa need not worry about an annulment to Tyrion because he will not survive the series. Perhaps she will slay him herself ... in a castle made out of snow.

Come now. Would GRRM really loudly and repeatedly declare that Tyrion was his favorite character if the evil schmuck was not doomed?

i thought Arya was his fav?

Well, she's doomed too, of course, as per Jon Snow's accidental prophesy:

The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

I can see everyone die, but I would not want that, I like Tyrion and ALL the Starks, but I don't know how this story will end just too many foreshadows, prophesies and double meanings to all characters, I do feel though if the really bad people come away clean it be a travesty of justice for the realm.

I can see everyone die, but I would not want that

Me neither. Of the major POV characters, I would say:

ARYA: Will die, per Jon's prophesy, but, by the same token, may save her soul. I would count that a happy ending.

SANSA: She'll come out of this alive, I think.

BRAN: Doomed, in one way or another. Just a feeling.

JON: May survive

DANY: May survive

TYRION: Doomed. He's a great "sympathetic" villain, but he needs to get his commuppance or the story has no moral teeth.

Secondary POVs:

JAIME: Dead already, I think (or Undead)

DAVOS: Will survive the series.

CERSEI: Doomed.

BRIENNE: Dead already, I think. (Undead really)

SAMWELL: Doomed, I think.

THEON: Probably doomed, but may last a while.

TERTIARY POVS:

QUENTYN: Still alive, though few suspect. Dunno if he'll last the series. Probably not.

VICTARION: Doomed, the sucker.

MELISANDRE: Doomed, probably.

ASHA: Doomed. Cannon fodder.

AERON: Doomed. But he will survive long enough to see Cthulhu rise.

HOTAH: Just an observer. Will last long enough to see Doran die. Probably no longer.

ARIANNE: Doomed. Cannon fodder.

JON CONNINGTON: Doomed.

Me neither. Of the major POV characters, I would say:

ARYA: Will die, per Jon's prophesy, but, by the same token, may save her soul. I would count that a happy ending.

SANSA: She'll come out of this alive, I think.

BRAN: Doomed, in one way or another. Just a feeling.

JON: May survive

DANY: May survive

TYRION: Doomed. He's a great "sympathetic" villain, but he needs to get his commuppance or the story has no moral teeth.

Secondary POVs:

JAIME: Dead already, I think (or Undead)

DAVOS: Will survive the series.

CERSEI: Doomed.

BRIENNE: Dead already, I think. (Undead really)

SAMWELL: Doomed, I think.

THEON: Probably doomed, but may last a while.

TERTIARY POVS:

QUENTYN: Still alive, though few suspect. Dunno if he'll last the series. Probably not.

VICTARION: Doomed, the sucker.

MELISANDRE: Doomed, probably.

ASHA: Doomed. Cannon fodder.

AERON: Doomed. But he will survive long enough to see Cthulhu rise.

HOTAH: Just an observer. Will last long enough to see Doran die. Probably no longer.

ARIANNE: Doomed. Cannon fodder.

JON CONNINGTON: Doomed.

Wait, what? Quentyn is alive?

Also, I get the feeling that Samwell will survive this tale. He's humble, honest, loyal, a voice of reason... I'd be surprised if he goes. But, I've been surprised a number of times already with this saga.

I can see everyone die, but I would not want that, I like Tyrion and ALL the Starks, but I don't know how this story will end just too many foreshadows, prophesies and double meanings to all characters, I do feel though if the really bad people come away clean it be a travesty of justice for the realm.

For what it’s worth, I think Sansa, Rickon and Bran are almost assuredly going to survive (although in Bran’s case, I’m not sure it will be that great a fate). Arya is far more questionable; I am leaning towards her dying. I think Jon has at least a 50/50 shot. I also lean towards Tyrion surviving.

For what it’s worth, I think Sansa, Rickon and Bran are almost assuredly going to survive (although in Bran’s case, I’m not sure it will be that great a fate). Arya is far more questionable; I am leaning towards her dying. I think Jon has at least a 50/50 shot. I also lean towards Tyrion surviving.

This more or less how I see it, I always thought if it's a girl it may be Arya, .1 because of her arc, 2. not the most realistic of story line, 3. she got rid of her wolf and she is actually showing a dependence on her and maybe when Arya needs her Nymeria may not be around also something about Bolton and and silver for killing wolves. 4. Jon's statement of her needle held tightly in her dead hand.

Sansa, again she lost her wolf (sacrificed by Ned), but I think her arc is the most realistic of the Stark kids along with Rickon, and she has to learn to make it on her wits, so my dread for her is mostly on the symbolic side but of all the kids she is in the most physical and emotional danger and dependent on others to help her until she can help her self.

By the same token if I'm going strictly on symbolism for the kids they all should survived but Robb didn't and that's because he did not heed his wolf's warnings, just so happens Jon hasn't either.

I think Samwell will survive and prove his father a dick, but if Jon is again LC than he needs a trusty sidekick just like Batman, the Lone Ranger,etc.

Rickon I give 50/50 only because he is basically out of the main at the moment, he may survive thanks to Osha (Natalia Tenna is responsible for that ).

My fear for Sansa is she just may have to stay married to Tyrion as maybe only a marriage of Stark and Lannister could save the realm ( if it happens I want Sansa and her family to come on top).

In ASOS Tywin was yelling at Tyrion for not banging Sansa, he said "non consummated marriages can be annulled" To which Tyrion responds only by "The High Septon or a Council Of Faith" He then continues to talk about on how the High Septon is a "trained seal who barks on command"

Now we know that the High Septon is no longer alive, and a psycho fundamentalist is his replacement. So i could see him annulling the marriage, for his hatred of the Lannisters but not for the love of Sansa. There is no reason why the Sept would intentionally help out Sansa, a worshiper of the Old Gods. I belive that the HS will love Aegon VI, but that still doesn't help Sansa

And what the fuck is A Council of Faith?

In ASOS Tywin was yelling at Tyrion for not banging Sansa, he said "non consummated marriages can be annulled" To which Tyrion responds only by "The High Septon or a Council Of Faith" He then continues to talk about on how the High Septon is a "trained seal who barks on command"

Now we know that the High Septon is no longer alive, and a psycho fundamentalist is his replacement. So i could see him annulling the marriage, for his hatred of the Lannisters but not for the love of Sansa. There is no reason why the Sept would intentionally help out Sansa, a worshiper of the Old Gods. I belive that the HS will love Aegon VI, but that still doesn't help Sansa

And what the fuck is A Council of Faith?

College of Cardinals equivalent I suspect.

Whilst the High Sparrow once referred to Tyrion as a twisted little monkey (or something unflattering) he thinks that Sansa is a tree-worshipping sorceress so...

Though Sansa's grounds for annulment are many and manifest I imagine the High Sparrow would agree to annul the marriage on the proviso that Sansa will convert to the Faith of the Seven (though he may hate the Lannisters, like many people truly convinced of his causes righteousness he would happily oppress some godless warg sorceress with the permission of his own conscience), thus converting the North to the Faith of Seven (since everyone believes that Sansa is the lady of Winterfell), this used to happen in history: a king would convert to Christianity and his country would follow.

Of course since Sansa could not do such a thing, she will presumably have to have Tyrion acquainted with the bottom of a river.

The Tyrion/Sansa marriage was a huge boon for people like the High Sparrow: at no other time in history did nominal practicioners of the Faith of the Seven (The Lannisters) have the nominal lord/lady of Winterfell trapped and held hostage to be forcefully married to an Andal, to have no input in the raising of her own child, and that child would be raised to have loyalty to a regime in Kingslanding, which is where the Faith of the Seven is seated.

Also the whole story of the Lannisters is very much the tale of First Men vs Andals: the First Men had Casterly Rock, but were tricked out of it and thus the Lannisters (Andals) took it from them.

Archived