The Duke

Hmmm that's interesting. They both pledge with a kiss, but it's Tyrion who leans forward to kiss her. She does not actually kiss him. She is kissed, not kisses.

u wanna analyze the wedding? so he kisses her, Joff was the "father", Tyrion was on top of "a fool" (or does he represent sompthing else?) anything else?

This is true. As with all things in Westeros, it will come down to a political battle and the winner decides the truth. As for the legality Sansa's marriage to Tyrion, I believe it is stated explicitly that an unconsummated marriage can be set aside by the High Septon or a special council. Otherwise they are still legally married.

Pretty much.

That's why Littlefinger is waiting until Tyrion is dead before marrying Sansa to Harry the Heir. Right now he doesn't have the ability to arrange a formal annulment in secret, so his only option is to wait until Sansa is widowed.

She also dreamed of Tyrion turning into Sandor Clegane. She doesn't hate him, but she didn't want to be his wife. She does think she'd rather be married to him than too Sweetrobin....but then she also thinks of Joff favorably in comparison to Sweetrobin!

The girl has been through so much that she has lost any natural sense of how people should behave towards her. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry the Heir turned out to be a grope little shite as well.

She may stay married to Tyrion, I could see GRRM doing that. Although given the fact she has already run away from him and was possibly contemplating suicide if she couldn't escape, I'm not sure he would really want to be with her.

He maybe learning to shut his mouth a bit (as of being a slave in ADWD) but that may not last long if he becomes a Lord. Her sense of humour seems to be quite dry, where as his is ribald.

Edit: @Ndrew

The fool could represent LF as Ser Dontos was working for him.

Ndrew, you know this has never been about whether she hates him or not, but the fact that she doesn't want him. I know you think this lack of desire is a minor thing, or that it can change but I don't see how, Plus, she was forced into marrying the House that was responsible for the destruction of hers. Staying married to Tyrion would be an unpleasant reminder of this. In either direction Sansa's life takes, Tyrion is bad news for her. If she goes for the Queen of the North title, then having one of the most hated houses in the realm saddled to her is going to be a disaster. She would never get the support and love of Northerners. If she decides to give up on a power play, then he's bad for her personal life too as she doesn't desire him and thinks his penis is ugly. It's a dead end relationship anyway you look at itP.S. dreaming of him doesn't signify anything, we all dream of other people who've impacted our lives in some form or fashion.

but she will never get the north *sigh* its true, her brothers have a much better claim and some forumer (maybe you) talked about "who passes judgment must swing the sword" kinda fucks Sansa over. And yea if she gives up a life of politics she would be unhappily married to the imp. But she wont, she is a major player of AGOT since book 1 as is Tyrion. And i dont think she thought his penis was that ugly, compared to the rest of him. But its possible to fall in love with Tyrion, Penny did (granted she has much less history with Tyrion then Sansa)

p.s. dreaming of him signifies everything, she is a Stark child

*Grabs some popcorn*

Threads like this give me life.

But I will agree in one thing. Sansa may be Lannister in name but in spirit she's a Tully/Stark. People are probably going to learn that the hard way in the future books.

Nah, she'll fall in his arms, apologise for her cruelty to him, and they'll fly away on Dragon back together.

The fool could represent LF as Ser Dontos was working for him.

i was thinking more like, her freedom, which means Tyrion was standing on top of her freedom... not helping my argument here

Ndrew, I don't know how to break this to you but...Sansa isn't in love with Tyrion. I'm so sorry. I know its rather hard to accept, but one day your heart will heal.

love? were talking about getting married, whats love got to do with this?

Stannis contemptously calls her "Lady Lannister." I hate Stannis for that.

Yeah, that wasn't cool. Bad Stannis. Mindue has word of Sansa's ill treatment ever got around. The Tyrells only find out because of LF. She maybe considered a turncloak by the North.

Nah, she'll fall in his arms, apologise for her cruelty to him, and they'll fly away on Dragon back together.

lol I could surly use you on the other thread

Anyways how does annulments happen in Westeros? Are there any "old god priests" who can call the marriage void, because it was not in the Weirwoods. Because it will have to be a divorce, Tyrion "plans on living"

Do you seriously think Martin will keep them in a marriage together while making one or both of them refusing? LOL, this cannot be written! Handcuffs, dungeons, drugs or what???

If Martin writes them together he will make a believable story leading to it. So we can simply lean back, wait ten years and dream of spring. We can't influence the outcome anyway.

The old gods don't have any kind of priests, but Tyrion and Sansa got married in a sept so it doesn't matter. She can get an annulment from the High Septon, but right now she can't go to KL to ask for it, that's why LF wanted Tyrion dead, to make sure Sansa could marry again without problems.

IMO all Westeros (no matter the religion) think a marriage can be void unless is consummated, even Tywin told Tyrion that he had to sleep with Sansa at least once and then he could wait as long as he wanted, it seems once it's consummated that marriage can't be broken.

Do you seriously think Martin will keep them in a marriage together while making one or both of them refusing? LOL, this cannot be written! Handcuffs, dungeons, drugs or what???

If Martin writes them together he will make a believable story leading to it. So we can simply lean back, wait ten years and dream of spring. We can't influence the outcome anyway.

The whole point is that Martin writing them ending up together won't be believable without said handcuffs, dungeons and drugs.

(So, the threads were blended. :))

lol I could surly use you on the other thread

Anyways how does annulments happen in Westeros? Are there any "old god priests" who can call the marriage void, because it was not in the Weirwoods. Because it will have to be a divorce, Tyrion "plans on living"

They could have asked Tywin before Tyrion helped him pass away to a better life, because he got the annulment for Tyrion/Tysha's marriage. Don't forget Tyrion married Tysha before, so annulments are possible in Westeros.

Archived